Is it just me or OST/music is utterly disapponing?

by JoxerTM22

Original Post

Re: Is it just me or OST/music is utterly disapponing?

★ Pro

Having listened to the soundtrack multiple times now, there are only two that stick to mind: A Better Beginning (the main theme) and A Trail of Hope. The rest is pretty ambient.

Message 11 of 20 (460 Views)

★ Pro

I don't think I have a problem with the soundtrack as much as with the audio.

Volume settings are all over the place. Music is often too soft so you barely hear it when it's playing. When companions are behind you and you're in a convo you can barely hear their lines and spoken lines regularly cut each other off or trigger at the same time resulting into momentary cacophonies. I really think that spoken audio goes down too quickly based on distance.

I mean I can play the game as it is but I really would like them to have a look at their audio defaults and make them better. The soundtrack should be more noticeable and the convo's shouldn't lose volume so quickly because of some distance to my character.

Message 12 of 20 (458 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@EgoMania wrote:

When companions are behind you and you're in a convo you can barely hear their lines and spoken lines regularly cut each other off or trigger at the same time resulting into momentary cacophonies. I really think that spoken audio goes down too quickly based on distance.

Yes, definitely an issue. I have to keep the subtitles on so I don't miss any of the dialogue. I would prefer subtitles off.

Message 13 of 20 (451 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I was listening to Horizon: Zero Dawn OST, and one song felt very ... good about it. Went to check its name: Meridian, Shining. Meridian ... Meridian ... it would indeed fit Andromeda's Meridian, if they ever thought it was a good idea exploring the area, after you pretty much went through ice and radiation, hell and thunder, to get to it. ^_^

The coincidence upon the name was ... amusing, to say the least.

Message 14 of 20 (433 Views)

★★★★ Pro

And now I was listening to the ME 3 Complete Score, and at each song, I replayed and remembered the exact part of the game they played.

Yesterday night I played randomly MEA score and I couldn't really relate the songs with the game, where they fit, if the song was about fighting the Archon or scanning flowers. Oh, well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ And yet, somehow, they all fit with Krogan fist fight and made me want to weep.

Message 15 of 20 (415 Views)

★ Pro

Although I do think there are a couple of nice pieces in there, aside from the first track, the ME:A soundtrack just isn't memorable.

This rather more ambient atmospheric approach can sort of fit with big expanses and such but what it doesn't do is evoke emotion much.

And that's a real shame. Also I barely hear the soundtrack while playing as it is but that's another issue.

Message 16 of 20 (407 Views)

★ Guide

as someone who plays soley with headphones the soundtrack is pretty decent I might imagen it would be different for someone not using headphones though

Message 17 of 20 (402 Views)

★ Pro

@ViViD_Prime wrote:

as someone who plays soley with headphones the soundtrack is pretty decent I might imagen it would be different for someone not using headphones though

Could be.

There is dynamic range setting in audio options though, so non-headset user can more easily hear the "quiet bits" if they bother to check the setting.

Message 18 of 20 (393 Views)

★★★ Pro

i happen to use headphones, and i feel there's still vast open areas that need something in the background, even just give ryder something like an i phone/pad and some earwigs or something, as most of the bar music is pretty good, i could live with that. and i thought we were going with new ideas and such, we've already had a commando that can't dance, why couldn't ryder lean dance moves from someone who didn't teach them to shepard? though i admit fem ryder can dance when totally ****faced... if we only got that all the time, instead of just sloane's party.

Message 19 of 20 (387 Views)

★ Pro

@CasperTheLich wrote:

Though i admit fem ryder can dance when totally ****faced... if we only got that all the time, instead of just sloane's party.

That.

Allthough, almost did a spit take when she did the "Shepard shuffle" in the epilogue Large smile

Message 20 of 20 (381 Views)