Is Skirmish mode in battlefront 2?

by HeatAdvisory

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Is Skirmish mode in battlefront 2?

★★ Novice

I'm confused by the battlefront 2 website tab titled Split Screen co-op, Is this offline multiplayer/ Skirmish mode?

It also says "Team up to defeat enemies in skirmishes across all 3 eras."

And on the news page it says "You will also cooperate against AI foes in skirmishes that span the cinematic eras, and engage enemies in entirely new modes." 

Is this indeed Skirmish mode like battlefront 1 skirmish only bigger and better?

Message 1 of 8 (20,755 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Is Skirmish mode in battlefront 2?

Community Manager

From what I've seen the Skirmish modes that were added to Battlefront 1 were very popular, and I know I'd personally like to have lots of solo/co-op skirmish options. 

However at this time we don't have any more info than what's been released already.

I'm sure we'll have more details as we get closer to launch, but for now I can't confirm or deny anything, sorry. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (34,048 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

From what I've seen the Skirmish modes that were added to Battlefront 1 were very popular, and I know I'd personally like to have lots of solo/co-op skirmish options. 

However at this time we don't have any more info than what's been released already.

I'm sure we'll have more details as we get closer to launch, but for now I can't confirm or deny anything, sorry. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 8 (34,049 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have heard that once again, local co-op will not be available for the PC version. However, I want to make sure that offline skirmish for PC is indeed a thing. 

People out there are posting broad statements like " No Co-op on PC!" and not specifying if that's just splitscreen or Skirmish. Co-Op Skirmish (from two PC's) is all that my small circle of people do! 

Release me from my worries. 

Will PC still have Co-op skirmish (non-splitscreen)?

Message 3 of 8 (20,631 Views)

★★ Novice

Well skirmish in battlefront 1 on pc had co-op over internet connection but didn't have splitscreen.

Message 4 of 8 (20,560 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'd like to know this too. If my son and I can online co-op, then we'll both be purchasing. If co-op is literally only available splitscreen, on consoles, we'll pass.

Message 5 of 8 (20,539 Views)

★ Guide

Here's hoping. The game looks too good not to have offline / bot support with private matches for the Assault modes. Essentially: I want to be able to invite my friends into bot games.

Playing online is great, but having offline modes gives that sense of security that all this great content isn't going to just disappear if EA pulls support for the game or the player count goes down. And sometimes there just aren't enough players to have every era, every mode, every map running at the same time: Skirmish means we can play whatever we want, whenever we want to.

I'll be listening closely for info.

Message 6 of 8 (17,259 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I want to buy this game but I need to be certain that the single player experience is up to par with the multiplayer the original Star Wars battlefront games had space battles with ai and land battles with vehicles too I am hoping that a skirmish mode will be added to offline single player as well down the line that will allow for the use of all the maps from multiplayer as well as vehicles 20 vs 20 battles lots of customizations and unique game modes hopefully all the ones from the main multiplayer portion of the game for single player offline
Message 7 of 8 (15,785 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

+1   Same here for myself and my kids. We are really looking forward to Co-op, private matches, solo etc. outside of the campaign with bots and a minimum of only 2 players and everything else offline. 

Split screen is horrible. Gives us all headaches. I snagged a Scorpio upgrade so my kids now have my hand me down XB1. A nice upgrade for them to play on the same system as Dad.  Cool We will now share my XB Live Gold and games so even if it's online but can be set to private that would work. 

We used to play the old versions of these games endlessly back in the day (OG XB / 360) via home LAN and we loved it. Great times together. Great memories.

Message 8 of 8 (15,748 Views)