Information on the Rozerad and Beam Emitter Scaling

by XainesWorld

Original Post

Information on the Rozerad and Beam Emitter Scaling

★★ Novice

Howdy Hi,

I have contact EA customer service a few times about this and have ended up here as this requires knowledge directly from developers.

I am in need of the mathematics of how the Rozerad's Rate of Fire scaling works and how the Beam Emitter scales damage.

I am building a rather impressive spreadsheet and without a way to quantify the scaling for these 2 things, the Rozerad and the Beam Emitter Augment will be a blackhole of uncertainty.

The Rozerad states that with each projectile launched the rate of fire scales so whether it is by a percentage or specific number, and if percentage I would assume that it is a percentage of the base rate of fire, but, certainties are best.

The Beam Emitter just states to scale the damage based off of the original weapons damage, but how so? does it alter the original damage first then scale it in some manner? and how, I need numbers and formulas folks!

Any and all help is appreciated, but I need concrete information here.

Regards

Xaine

Message 1 of 5 (1,195 Views)

Re: Information on the Rozerad and Beam Emitter Scaling

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide
You're better off on bsn board, because nobody here does that kind of thing with calc. and stuff. They already have an elaborate sheet until update 1.08 for the MP, not sure about the SP.

As for the Rozerad, it was mentioned that the rof stats were wrong for the MP version. Don't ask me if it's equivalent to the SP one because I don't have the game installed.
Message 2 of 5 (1,175 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm only in this specific place as the EA customer Service chap said it needed to be this specific forum in order to be seen by a developer.

The rate of fire kinda means nothing without the scaling formula anyway, but almost every stat on each weapon is different between SP and MP.

Thank you for the info though, I appreciate the effort Standard smile

Message 3 of 5 (1,163 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I’m eager to know this as well, and update on official word?
Message 4 of 5 (902 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@XainesWorld;  Just so you know, no devs visit the AHQ.  This is for player-to-player technical self-help and game-play discussion. 

If a fan puts something together that might help, you could get lucky.  But there has never been an "official" response from a developer to anything posted here.  Ever.

Adding to that, there are now no devs for SP at all.  The studio (BioWare Montréal) was closed down except for a tiny team working on cranking out MP missions.  So not sure there is even anyone left who could answer the questions.

Message 5 of 5 (893 Views)