Improvments for Titanfall 2 (pt. 2)

by gamerxxx3109

Original Post

Improvments for Titanfall 2 (pt. 2)

★★★ Newbie

Respawn has done an excellent job at making the Titanfall series (I think I'm playing the game a little too much, too the point where my PS4 overheats). But all games need improvments.

1. More Content - I had an idea of making an update about more primitive weapons being in the game. Some weapon ideas that I had were..

A Sword - I talked about this in the first forum post.

A Bow and Arrow - This bow should be a compound bow to fit in with the style of Titanfall. The bow should have a charge up mechanic in which the longer amount of time spent pulling back the bow, the longer the range, damage, and speed the arrow will have.

Throwing Knives - I believe that the Ordnances have been lacking "fun". All the Ordnances have area damage, my proposal is to haved a Throwing Knife where it one-shots an enemy anywhere waist-above (excluding arms). Anywhere else on the body should critically wound the enemy. I also believe the Throwing Knife should have the ability to ricochet off of walls, but it can only OHK with a headshot. To get the Throwing Knife back and ready to throw again, you should just be able to walk over to the area of impact to pick the knife back up.

2. Mines - I think Mines would be a good addition to the game to stop campers and also to prevent the enemy from getting a tactical vantage point. I believe that Mines should be able to stick onto walls than being limited to floors to stop wall-running to gain speed to get to an area of denial for your team.

3. A Mod for Guns - The Mods that are currently available for guns seem really bland. I suggest that there should be a Mod that reduces the amount of recoil your gun has. This would help out guns that excel in close range, but struggle in medium ranges.

Message 1 of 2 (766 Views)

Re: Improvments for Titanfall 2 (pt. 2)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@gamerxxx3109Thanks for the post. I have seen some allegedly leaked files that suggested that a sword was in the works, but this was never confirmed to be put in the game. Many games have concepts toyed with that don't make it into the game already so I don't want to get hopes up, but it would be cool. 

A bow could work, but I'd not be sure of its niche. The Kraber would already be better at hunting players, and there's already a Charge rifle for anti-titan charge-sniping. A bow could definitely be fun though. 

For throwing knife fun there's always the pulse knife. If you don't have the execution yet it's worth trying to get your 10 kills. I won't pretend it's easy, but it's a fun challenge and very satisfying when you get it. 

Arc mines were added for Frontier Defense, but I don't think they would be fun to play against, and we already have the spicy bois (ticks) playing the role of a mine. I can see a place for special wall area denial mines, perhaps "slick" mines with ignitable oil or something. That said, it can be frustrating to have your movement hampered, especially in a game this movement-focused.

I'm not sure I'd agree about mods needing a stronger impact, as every gun should have its drawbacks, even all-rounders. If one gun is already good and can be modded to be too strong then everyone will use it, which is less fun for everyone. Of course in any game weapon balance will be an endless task, and adding dramatic mods would exacerbate the challenges for balance.

Anyway, thanks again for the post, I love talking about TF|2.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 2 (712 Views)