Re: Improvements for Titanfall 2

by EA_Archi

Original Post

Improvements for Titanfall 2

★★★ Newbie

As being a former Halo player, I really fell in love with Titanfall 2. But there can be some improvements that Titanfall can use.

1. Scorch needs a buff, and I know a lot of Scorch mains would agree with me. I was excited to play Scorch in the game, but when  picked him up, I felt like he was lacking in some aspects that other Titans weren't.

2. The game is missing possible weapon ideas, I say this because coming from Halo, there is huge weapon variety. Weapons range from Laser Swords to your average Assault Rifle. Here's some ideas for some weapons that would fit into the Titanfall 2 universe.

A Charge Sniper - The longer you charge, the more damage you do and the more range it has.

A true Pump-Action Shotgun - The Mastiff doesn't feel like a true shotgun.

The ability to akimbo (duel wield) pistols - To make pistols become more viable, but you get more damage at the cost of accuracy.

A sword - Gives a small speed increase and a longer reach.

3. The game needs a perk in which you are given the ability to throw an Ordnance further,to make the Ordnance move faster, and have less arc to become more accurate. I would like to have this perk in the game because the Ordinances feel like they are limited to Close-Quarter situations, (Ex. clearing out a room).

4. I consider the Cloak and Holo-Pilot to be somewhat useless Tacticals in the game. The Cloak is VERY easy to spot, my solution would be to give the Cloak a buff in which it would be 100% transparent, but the area around the cloaked Pilot has a mirage effect around them, or have very limited vision. Holo-Pilot doesn't fool anybody, a way to make this a possible meta-game is to have it look like the person who deployed it, and once an enemy comes into the Clone's vision, it will start shooting at the enemy to grab the enemy's attention, but the bullets won't do any damage. The Pilot's Clone will die after it take damage or lives for 20 seconds.

Message 1 of 6 (900 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the post.

1: To start, I'd agree that Scorch needs some love. A good Scorch player can do crazy damage if they get the circumstances just right, but a lot of players know how to fight a him now, so won't let themselves get caught. If I were to make a chance I'd boost his forward speed when his shield is up. That way it doesn't detract from his main role as area denial, and if he does manage to "catch" someone it's harder for them to extricate themselves.

2:Good ideas on the weapons. For your hypothetical sniper rifle I think the main issue is that it would need to be hitscan, otherwise the Kraber is always the better choice, and I don't think a hitscan OHK sniper is a great idea. On the other hand perhaps it could be an anti-titan weapon, a pilot-portable version of Northstar's Rifle would be cool. 

As for the sword... well there haven't been any official announcements.. but there are rumours. 

3:Can't disagree about ordnance perk options. As it is with the current Ordnance expert it's quite possible to have a medium-distance throwdown with someone, and i've gotten(and been killed by) some great distance grenade throws. More options would always be great.

4: I don't use the cloak myself so I can't comment, but I disagree a little about the Bamboozler (holo). Perhaps it's not the most powerful or versatile of items, but I've gotten plenty of good kills with it. Nobody's fooled for long, but many players will twitch-shoot at it, or will be confused for just a moment. For a game as fast as as Titanfall, this can be all you need to get the kill. I think a small buff would be good, perhaps have them slide or jump, as no player ever just walks straight forward.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 6 (883 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for reading my post. I hope this gives some ideas for future updates.

Message 3 of 6 (855 Views)

★★★ Novice

I would be happier if you would 'massage' the scoring system in Titanfall 2
  Right now CHEATERS  are running up a score and then diving out of the game before the end scoreboard because the ORIGIN reporting 'requires' you to remember their name..
This results in Games that scores look like this picture..   

Perhaps the person who LEFT the game's score should be SUBTRACTED  from the winning score.. or.. perhaps.. marking the player who left the game  and showing their SCORE anyway..

Otherwise.. the scores don't add up.. the losing team is CHEATED out of a win  by CHEATERS in the game! 

Message 4 of 6 (837 Views)

★★★ Novice

Go ahead.. give me an excuse as to why a WINNING player with a HIGH score would leave the WINNING TEAM   before the  end scoreboard pops up..

Message 5 of 6 (836 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @Darth-Dolittle 

If you are suspecting someone of unfair play, here is the way to report this player. All of the reports are investigated and measures are taken. Titanfall 2 is a great competitive experience, and only our combine efforts can help us to improve the game even further. 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 6 of 6 (828 Views)