Improvements for LIVE 18

by BIGANT09

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Useful suggestions for the new NBA Live 18

★★ Newbie

Hello there,

I've been a hardcore NBA live fan since I was 7 back in 2000 and felt the need to provide you with some useful suggestions before the release of NBA LIVE 18. Now I do acknowledge that NBA Live is finally headed in the right direction with Live 18 compared to Live 16 but there are a few things that EA Sports should take into consideration since it has a strong partnership with ESPN. 1) I feel that you guys should add more of the NBA on ESPN themes especially the ones that are used during the NBA Playoffs. For example the themes in this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POJJwL4mkyw&t=137s. Usually those are the themes that they use during the playoffs which is something that you guys have yet to use in your games. I mean it's one thing that you have the ESPN License but atleast use it in the most realistic way possible. You guys should also add some of the new and old themes that they use during the regular into the game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWXOo-b39Is. As well as this NBA theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bLUQsk29A0. This theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj3_1282hhw and this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsN-yEQ2uys. For now that's the only concern that I have with the game. Please take these suggestions. It will make the game better Standard smile. Hope you have a good day. I love NBA live games

Message 9 of 48 (16,243 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Live Run Pick-up suggestion

Community Manager (retired)

Hey NBA fans !

I have merged all your comments into the same thread so it's easier for us to compile all your suggestions and feedback on NBA LIVE 18.

We appreciate all your comments on the game and we will make sure to pass it to the studio.

In the future, please feel free to add any further feedback or suggestions on this same thread.

Cheers

Roulbox

View in thread

Message 10 of 48 (25,201 Views)

All Replies

Improvements for LIVE 18

★★ Novice
From playing the demo Only things wrong with live 18 so far is the fluidity of the gameplay can be a bit more polished make the crowd more aware of what's going on in the game we should be able to affect the audience in every way and actually see the fans reactions in the stands the coaches should be aware of what's going on in the game as well and the commentators need to be updated on current things that has happened in the nba and the past and players trades,past championships,injuries etc also injuries should happen in game to players even our created player it will make it more realistic ...all this should be fixed by the official release of the game and get the rookies scanned‼️besides that the demo is fun I believe EA Sports and NBA live 18 is going in the right direction ‼️oh and please don't have 40 year old looking rookies coming into the league in the dynasty mode ‼️
#ListenToTheTrueFANS
Message 1 of 48 (16,147 Views)

NBA LIVE 18 FEEDBACK FOR DEVELOPERS

★ Novice

After playing the demo all weekend I feel compelled to provide feedback to EA as I feel that's what the demo is for. First off, I think you guys (EA) have done a good job with NBA Live 18 but it's not great and it can be. I'm going to start with the list of things I feel need to be addressed, improved and/or changed and then I'll list off the things you guys have executed well. 

Jumpshot animations:

The jump shot animations need work. They do not feel smooth and they don't look smooth either. Especially towards the peak of the shot.  

Dunk animations:

Really not good. I feel like the take off and finish of the dunk animations are very underwhelming. Dunks are suppose to be jammed! I never got that feeling playing the demo this weekend. They look childish most of the time. Doesn't give off a realistic vibe. 

5v5 instead of 3v3:

Please consider a 3v3 mode. It's just better from the standpoint of match making and space on the court. With 5v5, it becomes too clustered. Plus, I feel like most people don't always have a party of 5 playing together every time they get on the game and I feel like that will deter people from playing this game often. People online are selfish 80% of the time. So if I'm forced to play a team based game with 4 other people who only care about themselves......it's a no brainier really. 

A.I:

The CPU can be terrible at times. They stop moving completely and just run the clock out at times. It's almost too easy. 

Matchmaking:

Work on the dependability off the match making system because often times I couldn't invite my friends to play with me. We would get error messages or the game wouldn't recognize that they're online. When we jumped into Live Run, it would only match the amount of people controlled players that we had in our party. (for example my friend invites me i join, then they add two other people to the other team and the rest of each of our teams are computers)

Consistency of Layups:

I feel like anytime someone takes it to the hoop, the animations just take over and they score a bucket. The paint could be full of bigs and a guard will come through, sucks us all into an animation where he finesses's around or even just a contested lay up, body to body, and it's a bucket. Doesn't make sense. 

Tattoos: 

Take from 2k and make it so we can place, rotate, enlarge and shrink our tattoos and place them where we want them. Premade tattoos and how they're organized is going to make for a stale and unified experience. I probably won't even have tattoos on my player because I don't want to see a thousand other characters with the same ones. 

The weight of my player:

None of my friends seemed to have an issue with this but when I made my character, (a 6'10 big) I made him as skinny as possible because I am a skinny guy. The first game I played, he was lanky in all his glory. Very kevin durant like. But then in my second game, and every game after that, he was all jacked up. Super muscular. I reset my character and the same thing happened. Not sure what that's about. 

What I like:

1. The defense is great. I feel like I can take control on defense and although I do feel like I get sucked into some animations sometimes, it's not something that happens often but perfecting that further would be great.

2. The face scan! Amazing.

3.The speed and movement of the game is good. A little clunky and times and when you're on the receiving end of a pass, the catching animation can be weird. Takes you out of your desired position.

4. Customization is great.

5. Crate openings are cool.

6. Story line is great!

7. WNBA! Yes.

8. The courts looks great. (add hoopdome!)

9. That pre-order price. Much appreciated. 

I hope you guys see this and take into consideration these fixes. I would really love to purchase Live this year but some things are holding me back, and when I talk to others i know who are also playing, they too have their concerns.

Message 2 of 48 (16,253 Views)

The Rise: Subtitles Off-Key

★ Apprentice

Hey NBA LIVE Devs,

When starting The Rise mode, the subtitles are not matching with the voices. Please look into.

Message 3 of 48 (16,184 Views)

Re: NBA LIVE 18 FEEDBACK FOR DEVELOPERS

★★ Novice

I think the game is pretty ok but what I really dont like is how my character goes into auto pilot when driving to the hoop and Im stuck in an animation where I cant pass it out to avoid getting blocked. I also like the trait system but it really doesn't seem like they work. I was expecting to feel a difference in my character's play style when using these traits but I didnt and Im not the only one. My AI team mates act like they dont know how to play basket ball and that concerns me as well. I like to play as a team and the AI acts like they dont know how to cut and rotate which forces me to take most of the shots, that should definitely be fixed.

I like all that was put into the game and it has ALOT of potential but its not quite there yet for me but I think I might purchase it out of interest for the "finished" product. ALOT of my friends and I have delt with 2K for years and the transition back to Live feels different but we also think we dont have as much control over our characters as we did in 2K BUT, we like the idea of a Sports RPG game.I can say that ALOT of people are interested in seeing how you guys fix the game up though. Great job and perfecting that Face Scan, you guys DEFINITELY got 2K on that.

Oh yeah, I know ALOT of females that would like to have a go at the WNBA with a female story mode but I take it you already know that. Great job overall though, let's see how this turns out  

Message 4 of 48 (16,181 Views)

Missed Green Releases

★ Apprentice

There are some moments where green releases miss. This has probably already been addressed but if not, please look in to this.

Message 5 of 48 (16,095 Views)

Re: NBA LIVE 18 FEEDBACK FOR DEVELOPERS

Champion
I personally like to see a female version of The One within the next NBA Live, or if it can be patched to do so. Which it'll have to be a huge patch be nonetheless.
Message 6 of 48 (16,136 Views)

NBA LIVE 18: Casual Live Run and Competitive Live Run

★ Apprentice

Dear NBA LIVE Devs,

It came to my attention that there are many frustrations between competitive players and the casual players playing in the same mode Live Run. I see that there needs to be two separate Live Run modes to keep the over-the mic-yelling to a minimum. Many experienced player aren't liking having to match up with other player that are less experienced in the game. Not sure if its possible to put in the game right now, but please do keep this in mind for an update or for next years game. Keep it up with the patches! 

Thanks in advance, Darkjoshx13 (Xbox)

Message 7 of 48 (16,089 Views)

Live Run Pick-up suggestion

★★★ Newbie

Dear NBA Live Dev Team, 

I would like to state that almost every aspect of 18 featured in the demo looked and played incredibly. Unfortunately the only and most glaring issue I constantly encountered was with the 5 v 5 pickup pickup, was when one player would constantly undermine their team. Whether by never passing the ball and or using the entire shot clock to shoot a contested shot, the outcome is a turnover 95% of the time. Something I believe that could reduce this would be either a "kick" option where the team could vote to remove the griefer. Or if that player's "teammate grade" drops past a certain point, said player is automatically removed from the game with the CPU taking over in both instances. Thanks ahead of time for reading my suggestion and I hope your team might consider these or another form to address this problem. 

Message 8 of 48 (16,065 Views)

Re: Live Run Pick-up suggestion

Community Manager (retired)

Hey NBA fans !

I have merged all your comments into the same thread so it's easier for us to compile all your suggestions and feedback on NBA LIVE 18.

We appreciate all your comments on the game and we will make sure to pass it to the studio.

In the future, please feel free to add any further feedback or suggestions on this same thread.

Cheers

Roulbox

Message 10 of 48 (25,202 Views)