How to get Andromeda on DVD for PC

by mike86682

Original Post

How to get Andromeda on DVD for PC

★★ Newbie

My son is in navy aboard ship and not scheduled to get home anytime soon. He asked me to get him a DVD copy because downloading is not allowed on the military computer network that he can use.

Any sources for out of region copies?

I've seen some brandished in some of the threads here but wouldn't mind finding one myself.

Message 1 of 6 (1,297 Views)

Re: How to get Andromeda on DVD for PC

[ Edited ]
Hero

I think some European countries (Poland, Hungary) have them on DVD. However, the Origin client is required to install and run the game, and that needs to be downloaded. There's no way around that.

I wish that weren't the case. I'm a fan of games that don't come with any form of online copy-protection, but unfortunately that's not the case for Mass Effect Andromeda.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 6 (1,284 Views)

Also as a note, the game does require an activation routine(through Origin) as well, using place and such when playing.  I don't know how well this routine would go over on a military vessel as it may also be seen as "spying" on classified location of said vessel.  It would be something I would have him research very carefully before using while on a military ship....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 6 (1,270 Views)

★ Guide

you can get mass effect  Andromeda  on xbox one and it available on   disc  for the xbox one  

Message 4 of 6 (1,220 Views)

Hero

@carseclass wrote:

you can get mass effect  Andromeda  on xbox one and it available on   disc  for the xbox one  

Sure, but that's beside the point. He specifically needs a PC version. I don't know if military bases have Xbox consoles.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 6 (1,208 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

As a veteran, I can confirm that XBox 360/One (and PS3/4) are big on military installations (and the consoles and the games are in the PX/NavEx.)

And it's totally possible to play MEA locally in "off-line" mode... But ONLY AFTER installing it and registering the game via a connection to EA/Origin.

So while most of what this sailor wants to do is possible, he'll need to do the initial setup from shore.

Message 6 of 6 (1,057 Views)