How are they getting so much Apex Rating?

by Skauron

Original Post

Re: How are they getting so much Apex Rating?

Champion (Retired)

My mates group are excessively experienced, maybe a dozen of them and all bar one soloed ME3 Platinum, on a regular basis, with different characters.  They play around 5-6 hours a night, sometimes more and its a mix of fast Gold games or slower Platinums.  So my mate is spending around 1.5-2m on Advanced packs every night, and clears all the Apex missions apart from the Golds and does all the daily challenges plus works on nameplate challenges and plays random games during the day.  Currently on around 24700 Apex points and he is the highest on his friend list.  We reckon 300 Apex points a day is good going.  Given that someone using God Mode can solo a Gold in 5 minutes or so, (seen it claimed on a forum), only PC version can be modded and only PC version had cheat protection removed recently, I think the answer is obvious.  God Mode, XP glitch, credit glitch, all bonus stats on rank 10, do challenges with modded weapons, open a ton of packs. 

Message 11 of 16 (856 Views)

★★★ Pro

and the makers of it have a cheek to say it 'enhances the game'.   So tell me again, how does altering a game so that it involves having zero skill, no requirement to dodge bullets or other attacks and also give you way superior firepower and enhancement.  If anything it would reduce the quality of the game.  Trouble is.. once they got all the toys? what then?  they move on.. or claim there is not enough content to keep them playing.

Tis a damn shame people like that exist.. but they do.

Message 12 of 16 (850 Views)

@Skauron  Cause that way they can say they are "LEET" and prove how powerful they are to all their internet fans......

Yeah, I am laughing at them too, and shaking my head and going about playing the game for fun.  But there are a bunch of people out there that get some satisfaction from seeing their name at the top, no matter what it takes to get there....sad.....sadder thing is, it happens in real life too, people willing to do anything to get what they want.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 13 of 16 (844 Views)

Leaderboards strike me as being either about e-Peen or hacking, one or the other.

Mostly following BioWare & Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers. Also hangs out on BSN. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 14 of 16 (838 Views)

★ Guide

I played a lot over the weekend and my apex rating went up by about 600 to 30,500.  No idea how anyone would get several times that per day without cheating somehow.  I might be able to double it if I didn't sleep LOL.  I assume playing lots of platinum helps some vs the lower levels, but I don't really know how it works.  2k+ per day, got to be cheating it seems.

I did run into a hacked lobby several days ago joining a pug lobby.  It started out in extraction, and instantly extracted.  I thought I had just joined at the end, but then the next lobby went directly into extraction again.  So it seemed the one person in the lobby was just repeatedly extracting over and over, and they seemed AFK.  I assume that was a hacked lobby and they were getting something out of it.  I quit after seeing the second lobby, because I don't want to be part of cheating the scores.  Maybe that is what is going on to boost apex scores?

Message 15 of 16 (779 Views)

★★★ Pro

All i know is .. the increases i've seen at the top of that leaderboard are not humanly possible through gameplay.  3000-4000 apex rating in less than 3.5 hours is not something i deem possible, and i've actually reported it as such for investigation.  whether that will happen with reduced support is another story.  I dare say it will be allowed to continue by the powers that be.

Message 16 of 16 (774 Views)