Game key not working

by DOS_BlockyG

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game key not working

★★ Novice

Hey guys

So ive been wanting to play the game for awhile and yesterday i then decited to buy a code for the game. However when i got the code and tried to activate it using origin it said it was invalid. I wanted to know if you have had any experiences in this and before anyone asks no i did not buy the key from G2A :P. My only suspicion towards the key is that its a 20 digit key as opposed to the 16 digit keys origin asks for other than that i have no idea what could be wrong.

Keep on playing

- N00B

Message 1 of 13 (1,034 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game key not working

★★ Novice

Didnt get the chat working but got an answer from the key seller and they said that they made a writing error in my game key and now its working. Thank you so much for your helt and have a pleasant evening.

View in thread

Message 13 of 13 (1,156 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi @DOS_BlockyG,

Where exactly did you purchase the code? Are you sure the code is for PC/Origin? 

PS! Some Origin codes may be 20 digits long.  

EA_Mage

Someone answered your question? Hit that 'Accept as Solution' button.

You like a post? 'XP' button is your friend.

Message 2 of 13 (1,020 Views)

★★ Novice

It doesnt say on the exact product but on the sites about us page they say they sell keys to PC and dont mention consoles.

Message 3 of 13 (1,013 Views)

EA app Team

In this, case, please reach out to our support via live chat or phone call and our Advisors can check the code to see what is going on:

1. Click on the following link: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ (once there make sure that your country is correctly selected in top left hand corner of Help.EA.com)
2. Find the affected game - in this case select Origin
3. Select your platform  
4. Select topic and issue - I'd recommend 'Codes and promotions' and 'Invalid code'
5. Select a contact option. Please note that available contact options do depend on your country settings, time of day and the topic/issue you choose.

Let us know if you run into any issues with this.

EA_Mage

Message 4 of 13 (1,009 Views)

★★ Novice

I have tried this multiple times and currently calling isnt an option for me so i have been trying to use the chat. However the chat doesnt seem to initialise and i cant connect to anybody no matter how many times or for how long ive tried.

Message 5 of 13 (1,006 Views)

EA app Team

Sorry to hear that Frown

What browser are you using and could you please try a different browser? Do you use any extensions on the browser (if you do, could you please disable them)? If you are on PC, doing a Clean Boot may help with this as well.

Let me know if you continue to have issues.

EA_Mage

Message 6 of 13 (1,004 Views)

★★ Novice

I did that and now it wont show the chat function only the call function despite it being outside the openinge times for the local EA offices before directing me back to help.ea.com.

Message 7 of 13 (999 Views)

EA app Team

If you are OK with contacting our support in English, make sure to select USA or UK in the top right hand corner of Help.EA.com.

You should see a chat option then again.

EA_Mage

Message 8 of 13 (988 Views)

★★ Novice

The chat option still doesnt show up theres only a calling option.

Message 9 of 13 (985 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

That is very strange. Please make sure you are logged in on Help.EA.com and then click the following link: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?product=titanfall-2&platform=pc&category=codes-and-promotions&iss...

Do you still not get a chat option after making the selections from the dropdown menus?

EA_Mage

Message 10 of 13 (980 Views)