Forbes Article - Andromeda Deserves DLC

by eoweintheile

Original Post

Re: Forbes Article - Andromeda Deserves DLC

★★★★ Apprentice
Honestly I don't know if I need to be "scared" or have hope with BioWares silence about MEA. This could mean two things: they are working on something which will be great or they do t have nothing but don't tell us because they are afraid to damage Anthem in which case they are already doing it now and in the future by letting Andromeda an ME aside.

Now that the hate train has calmed down a lot I start to see a lot more articles about how Andromeda should have DLCs to expand and close some story points before moving to the next chapter.

Andromeda has established some great story points an great characters so it would a shame is if have to wait the next game for some of this stories to be expanded and closed.

So I'll repeat myself but BioWare will only damage Anthem if they abandon ME for now. Yes it is a new game but they don't need to put aside ME for this game, let's hope the new head of BioWare will understand this. Plus their presence at SDCC give me even more hope.
Message 31 of 34 (800 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

i think i've voiced my opinion on MEA a few times by now, might as well do it again...

i actually enjoyed andromeda, even though it did have its flaws (a lot of em), i still had fun in spite of that fact. it just wasn't anywhere near the same caliber as the original trilogy. that doesn't make it a bad game. just an average one. which for bioware might as well have made it a bad one. i think the issue, at least as it seems to me (based completely on conjecture on my part)... is that bioware/ea shifted resources from MEA over to their new IP (which i refuse to mention) in the middle of mea's production, and basically pushed out andromeda before it was ready to make room for said ip. as a result we have an inferior fairly unpolished product (comparatively speaking) that they shouldn't have pushed out in its condition at launch, and they certainly shouldn't have expected a continual stream of grandslam blockbuster sales because of that, however, it seems they did expect record-breaking sales... and that seems to be a rather delusional view, imho. i just wish those suit wearing jack***es would wake up, and stop expecting miracles to turn garbage product into gold.

---edit

not that i'm actually calling andromeda garbage, but in general if you don't put the resources and effort into your products don't expect people to pay top dollar for it/them.

Message 32 of 34 (778 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Id really just like to chip in and say that I loved ME Andromeda. Sure.. It had its problems, but all in all it was, and is, a great game, and I really hope they will bring us some of those single player story dlc that Bioware have, rightly so, been so famous for delivering.

I really hope i get the chance to save the Quarian ark and make sure that ME Andromeda get the full setup of beloved races.

So please Bioware.. Give us some single player dlc.. ohh yes.. and take my money while you are at it! Wink

Message 33 of 34 (769 Views)

★ Guide

@Phoenixflieger wrote:

BTW it is not our (community's) fault! 

Obviously a Mass Effect trilogy successor sets very high expectations. No surprise to anybody. 
And for this reason you put your best teams and effords into it (not a rather inexperienced studio / controller for such a major title).

It is not the reception of the majority of players that killed Andromeda (and maybe the Mass Effect IP), the reasons are to be found by EA (and BioWare Montreal).

Well, now that it is finally confirmed: RIP Mass Effect (Andromeda)

Message 34 of 34 (723 Views)