Original Post

Feedback? NHL 18

★★★★ Novice

Can you write your FeedBack here?

Message 1 of 10 (2,184 Views)

Re: Feedback? NHL 18

Community Manager

@joschi-214

You can post general NHL 18 feedback here, if you are participating in the Beta then you should post here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/bd-p/nhl-18-beta-general-discussion-en

Can you access that board? Let us know if not and we can look into that for you.

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 10 (2,167 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I would just like to voice my displeasure in NHL 18. Also, it is impossible to find official EA forums in which to post or write feedback. Either way, as a long time NHL use (since 06) this is by far the worst NHL put out by EA. Especially in terms of online vs. The ranking system is awful, it discourages me from playing the game when I win three games in a row but then lose one and from those four games played in which I went 3-1 my ranking goes down. What's the point in playing if even if I win my ranking decreases. Also, the consistency of gameplay is awful. I understand that players can get hot and some players are better than others, but it still has to be realistic. The fanning of the stick is also awful because of how much it detters the players skating ability. Along with the passing being awful as well. Very disappointed in this game, especially as it is my favorite game. 

Message 3 of 10 (1,843 Views)

[ Edited ]

By far the worst NHL - Picking up the puck is a chore, you get locked into very stupid animations when you are nowhere near the puck, garbage garbage GARBAGE ice tilt dictating who will win regardless of skill... it's a joke.

Every time I point mistakes out in the normal NHL forums my posts get closed without any explanation and the tuners keep breaking the game further. For the last few years I've been getting the games for pretty much free directly from EA and I'm still disappointed... dev team should be ashamed of their product but I know they aren't

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 4 of 10 (1,837 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I agree. I have been playing since the beginng. 1994. Loved the game until now. 23 years and last year they changed the buttons so I was always icing the puck. Took almost the whole season to get used to it. Now this year the completely moved the poke check button. When you have been playing a game for years and years and a
The controls are engrained in you.... a change is huge!!!! If your going to make a change like that then 1) you should consult your customers if they want that and 2) you should enable button customization. Not a new concept here not suggesting anything groundbreaking. I’m not wasting another season trying to adapt again. I’m over it. Listed my game for sale tonight. Congrats ea.... you managed to turn away a a customer who loved to game to someone who now to hates it.
Message 5 of 10 (1,780 Views)

★★ Novice

It says access denied.

But I just want this Glitch fixed and have gotten nowhere with email/chatting... Please let someone who can actually fix this know. Thanks!

When I go to view/edit one of the 8 Created Teams I spent hours making, the game quits to the Xbox Home screen every time for the last 2-3 weeks. A guy had me uninstall the game and it is still glitched!

Message 6 of 10 (1,734 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey, I would think that many others players also have complained/asked about matchmaking in NHL 18.

I mostly play online shootouts, and I am wondering why the matchmaking has been changed so, that first you need to choose league/country/team, before you can actually see the opponent and their chosen team. It is so dull to to play with your national team against random players, who most like play as some NHL team. 

In NHL 17 it was nice to choose a team from your own country’s league or your national team, and see if the opponent responds. So why change it?

- Teemu

Message 7 of 10 (1,699 Views)

★★ Novice
Worst online NHL game ever. Kids that hit poke check countlessly without consequences. Shoot from anywhere and score many garbage goals. Ice tilt from spamming poke check. GOALIES DON'T LEARN ANYTHING. Same move will fool them every time. The kids that are good at this garbage game, all do the same thing, poke check, skate at goalie and shoot short side high. Short side is the hardest goal to score on an NHL goalie.

EA has spots where goals are constany scored from. To have a kid score 6 goals from the blue line is insane. Then to hear the commentary saying that was a PRIME SCORING LOCATION...

EA Does Not Know Ice Hockey
Message 8 of 10 (1,664 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I agree with you totally. Playing HUT challenges on pro mode. I can skate around the ai fairly well, I score a goal. All of a sudden I can’t get the puck away from the ai and it switches to almost superstar ai. 3 goals scored on my d in 58 seconds. WTF, picked this game up for $24 and tried to play in div 10. Some matchup system, pairs me with a guy with a stacked team at div 10 level when I haven’t even played a single game of online vs or cs. BROKEN GAME, EA just lost my business forever.
Message 9 of 10 (1,552 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Everyone, I mean EVERYONE, has this story to share, and I would hope EA finally listens.

1) Create a Be-a-Pro, turn OFF sim penalty

2) Get drafted

3) Dominate scoring race

4) Demoted to 2nd line

5) Play more games, score more goals

6) Demoted to 3rd line

7) Demoted to 4th line

WHY in the world does this keep happening? The majority of us do not want to play 6-7 preseason games and all 82 regular season games for every season of Be-A-Pro. Simulating is PART OF THE GAME. ACCEPT THIS and re-write this "coach code" to stop randomly punishing us.

Message 10 of 10 (1,319 Views)