FYI EA Most people are more angry about crates after your statement than before

by worksap

Original Post

Re: FYI EA Most people are more angry about crates after your statement than bef

★★ Novice

They are going to hack faster since it will be cheaper to buy a hack and farm you than to buy the crates to upgrade their weapons.  Unless they release the odds of getting something good from creates, you guys are going to pay more for crates to gear up than you would have for a season pass OR you are just going to be farmed by the guys who dropped a couple hundred on crates (assuming odds of winning are going to stay low) or a couple of ten spots on hacks.

Message 11 of 15 (864 Views)

Re: FYI EA Most people are more angry about crates after your statement than bef

★★★★★ Apprentice

@OhSrdjana wrote:

If pay to win keeps out the little hacker kiddies..... Where do I sign up ?

That isn't how anything works. That isn't a thing, that's not even a thing.

@JongoFett12 wrote:

And how is a Season Pass that costs another 2/3 the original price of the game any better? Honestly I think the crate system is leagues better than the awful Season Pass system from last game. As long as I can access all the current (and future) content in the game without spending any extra money at all, I'm happy (providing there's substantial offline too, it'd be a guaranteed purchase from me)

It's not, that sucks too I agree. The crate system is better than that, but unfortunately most people don't see it that way. Also the pay 2 win aspect DOESN'T HAVE TO EXIST. CRATES CAN STILL EXIST WITHOUT THAT. There is no reason other than to offer a more forced attempt to get your money than cosmetics, at the cost of hurting the game.

Also while it may be a purchase for you, it is a MULTIPLAYER game, that means if most people don't buy or refuse to play because of that- you are going to have a game that not enough people play, and suddenly that "Free DLC" you were so eager to get doens't come because EA just sees it as a lost cause.

It doesn't matter really if some people are okay with it, the majority of people- are not. 

Message 12 of 15 (857 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Ya lootcrates will definitely stop em from hacking huh............

Message 13 of 15 (834 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Not sure where this most people are from. They gave a statement that ensures that the crates are not pay to win. if they change that when the game is released then that would be an issue. But for now whining the ever whining. News flash crates are to stay they are not removing them. there is no need to remove them. thats what this is really whining about that you do not like crates. Understand its part of the game now. 

Message 14 of 15 (820 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

They never said it wasn't going to be pay 2 win, all they said was that the most powerful things will be earned in game and that you can only unlock/upgrade certain star cards if you meet in game achievements/rank requirements.

All that means is it's not incredibly broken but it's still bad. People with certain amounts of game-time are still going to gave more cards and more ability upgrades than someone with similar playtime because they spent more money- which still doesn't exactly sit well with people. 

Message 15 of 15 (793 Views)