FYI EA Most people are more angry about crates after your statement than before

by worksap

Original Post

FYI EA Most people are more angry about crates after your statement than before

★★★★★ Apprentice

From what I've heard with anyone I've talked to and what all the news articles and everything have been saying, I think you may want to do a follow up statement.

They told you the system is greedy, bad, and will scare them from buying the game because they don't like people buying in game upgrades.

You then basically said you had no intentional of making it so you cannot buy crates that contain in game upgrades.

IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE. People are telling you "THIS IS BAD DON'T DO THIS" and you literally said "..NAwwwww it's fine"

It's basically got people face palming, I mean you cannot say people were not clear about this.

Message 1 of 15 (2,754 Views)

Re: FYI EA Most people are more angry about crates after your statement than bef

★★ Apprentice

Agreed we told them they shouldn't use microtransactions in a $60 game.

They told us "no no no you don't understand, its fine"

They slapped us in the face.

Message 2 of 15 (2,684 Views)

Re: FYI EA Most people are more angry about crates after your statement than bef

★★★★★ Novice

You guys don't get it. You can't buy the best upgrades, you can only buy cards that you have unlocked through playing.

It's only there for people who don't have time to grind, the best cards are only gotten through achievements anyway.

Message 3 of 15 (2,672 Views)

★★ Novice

Is this supposed to be comforting?

Message 4 of 15 (2,661 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Crate system was used in other games, this allows players to enjoy playing the game growing in their skill and having the opportunity to develop unique play styles to them without having to be forced to assimilate to the "jet pack, Bacta Bomb, Hutt contract for most powerful gun" vanilla gameplay crowd

Crates were in mass effect 3 and were great..why.. because the gameplay was built more on skill and ingenuity and as such weapons/ specific equipment had different use and weaknesses, your character/ weapons/ equipment/ your play style. Battlefront 2 has taken a huge step in the right direction. So much better than having everyone do the same Hutt contract for the same gun so they can clumsily 1 shot people, those days are about to be over

Message 5 of 15 (2,620 Views)

★★ Novice
I don't know what gun you're referencing, but you ahould tell me so I can use it.
Message 6 of 15 (2,648 Views)

★★★ Novice

EA confirmed in their statement that most guns can only be unlocked through in-game achievements. That sounds good enough for me, if true.

Message 7 of 15 (2,637 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Unfortunately it's not good enough for most people. I want them to fix this because all the people in my group of friends I play games with are all refusing to buy it because of this nonsense.

I WANT them to buy it and play with them, but I can't because of this loot crate *. This game has much better gameplay and it is going to suck so much if it doesn't do all that great because of some asinine crate problem that EA could fix by just not being greedy for like 2 seconds. 

As long as you can rush your progress with money to give you a player advantage over other players in a multiplayer game- you are going to upset a lot of people

Message 8 of 15 (2,633 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

And how is a Season Pass that costs another 2/3 the original price of the game any better? Honestly I think the crate system is leagues better than the awful Season Pass system from last game. As long as I can access all the current (and future) content in the game without spending any extra money at all, I'm happy (providing there's substantial offline too, it'd be a guaranteed purchase from me)

Message 9 of 15 (2,614 Views)

★★ Novice

If pay to win keeps out the little hacker kiddies..... Where do I sign up ?

Message 10 of 15 (2,609 Views)