FICTION | The one who we love to hate. Who?

by PandaTar

Original Post

Re: FICTION | The one who we love to hate. Who?

★★★ Pro

@ChuiDuma wrote:

The person I hated most immediately was Sloane Kelly. I was upset I wasn't allowed to kill her myself. I hated her as soon as I set foot on Kadara and saw her having people beaten for not paying "protection fees." I also hate her underling, the one in charge of beating them. I wish I'd been able to kill her, too. 

And of course, Addison. She's so inept, all the while harping on about how you're not good enough to be the pathfinder. Even if I chose all the wrong things in this game I'd still be more successful as pathfinder than Addison is at her job. 

And since people've brought her up, I also really dislike Morda. I was going to try and make one of the krogan an ambassador, except I hate Morda.

i can agree with all that.

Message 21 of 73 (712 Views)

★★★ Pro

@ChuiDuma wrote:

The person I hated most immediately was Sloane Kelly. I was upset I wasn't allowed to kill her myself. I hated her as soon as I set foot on Kadara and saw her having people beaten for not paying "protection fees." I also hate her underling, the one in charge of beating them. I wish I'd been able to kill her, too. 

i find this annoying as well.  I wanted to destroy her, I mean I can sympathise with some of the exiles but sloane kelly was a drug dealing crime lord that kills her own milky way folks.  Even if I chose to start off the relationship by antagonising her and made it clear we are not friends.  I was forced(cant get an outpost if I dont complete this part) to do missions for her and still get BS from her after helping her.  Then for some strange reason she wanted me to watch her back and well I betrayed her and let her die.  I felt cheap...  Seriously not the action of a hero and of one I respect...

Message 22 of 73 (703 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Spoiler
If you let Rayes Vidal take over Kadara Port the Collective trader at the outpost will be more co-operitive with the Initiative, where as the Outlaw trader will be less co-operitive (with stuff missing from the order) and this makes it seem the Collective are bending over backwards to get on the Initiatives goodside (while the situation on Kadara port grows worse, with reports of there being frequent armed muggings).

Not to mention the Collective will actually torture people for information, there are several Outlaws being tortured in the cells in the Collectives base and a datapad from Crux telling everyone in the base to be on their best behavior for the human Pathfinder.

All in all Sloane Kelly might be the better choice for a more stable Kadara and it's the choice that'll annoy Tann the most.
Message 23 of 73 (695 Views)

★ Apprentice

True, the Collective was told to be on their best behavior, and yes, they were beating people. They stopped, though, rather than telling me to GTFO because it wasn't my business. Also,

Spoiler
Reyes

(the Collective leader) seems to actually respect Ryder, and their wanting to please the Initiative gives even more incentive to stop with that kind of behavior. Sure, Sloane might be more up front in the beginning (you know who she is and you know what she's doing to people), but she's brutal. And she's already betrayed the Initiative once. I wouldn't trust her to have my back. She'd betray me the first chance she got.

Plus, you know, I never got along with Vivienne in DA:I (Although I hated Sloane before I recognized her voice). Needless to say, my first meeting with Sloane did not go well.

Message 24 of 73 (688 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I feel like Reyes is one of those I'd like having around, just to punch later. Although I feel he's not trustworthy, he transpires an aura as if he's a necessary ache that helps keeping other things in check, things we really can't afford to be bothered with. But give him too much room and he'll wreak havoc. 

Message 25 of 73 (678 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I wonder if Rayes will end up becoming either Andromeda's new T.I.M or Shadow Broker.

Spoiler
Seeing as there's no way to kill him in the High Noon mission despite being outnumbered two to one and Ryder is the only one who chases after Rayes, while both your squad members convieniently vanish during this cutscene. The fact that he doesn't die might mean he has a larger role in the triologies future in either a T.I.M or Shadow Broker role, where Sloane Kelly just straight up dies (although there is a really pissed of Kaetus in a cell).

Remember Rayes seemingly goes out of his way to give a good impression to Ryder, which is what Jack Harper (aka T.I.M) spent all of ME2 trying to do the same thing with Shepard
Message 26 of 73 (671 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

His MO reminds me a little of the Benefactor but on a much smaller scale, who knows he could eventually be one of the benefactors reps.  Its stated in a datapad that the benefactor's doing well in EOS, so perhaps Kedara's next for him?  Or maybe if we are lucky, he's MEA's Aria T'lok.  Crime lord that backs up the protagonist...

Message 27 of 73 (667 Views)

★★★ Guide

The "Ta!" is mandatory for killing Kalinda! :D

I really thought about this question and couldn't think of a single person I love to hate.
Even though I like the game and there are NPCs I like or dislike none of them seems to be written well enough that I actually have strong feelings for them.

Sure Tann and Morda come to mind, but actually they don't bother me enough to call it "love to hate". For me they are just a quick renegade kill.

I thought of Liam as I really hated him in some parts of the game. Especiall before and directly after his loyalty mission, because he is just immature and doesn't think things through. He just does something to simply do smething instead of sitting around. But even this is not hate enough to kill him and then be glad about it.
Actually I liked to take him and Jaal with me, because their banter is so random, but you got to know quite a lot Angaran or private stuff from Jaal, because Liam asks directly. Thats funny.

So long story short: I don't know anybody I love to hate.

Message 28 of 73 (665 Views)

★★★ Pro

@VladVonCastein wrote:

Efvra? I thought the 4 available choices are 1) August Bradley, 2) Salarian Pathfinder(Raeka or the other chap if she dies), Moshae or Morda?  Is there a possibility of the Moshae dying and Efvra taking over? Havent encountered this...

I never picked Moshae cause politically I still wanted someone from the milky way in power.  Auggie's a pretty neutral choice if you dont want to ruffle feathers.  Tann will say he's disappointed but doesnt give you grief.  Actually I dont dislike Tann more than I do Addisson.  Tann is incompetent but at least he's supportive.  Addison is brash, curt and incompetent(looking at the mess with Spender and the merc group, Sid's mission and the whole pregnancy saga...).  Kesh...From an objective perspective, she's like a gang leader, it's either you do this and I like you, if you dont do it I will hate you.  Small narrow minded and not exactly a big picture person.  With the exception of Kendros I dont think the other 3 are competent enough to lead at that level.

I haven't seen it either myself but Google and guides seem to think it possible. The Moshae is probably the default canon choice, if you pick anything they develop in the future up, and cannot die.

Message 29 of 73 (659 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Definitely gotta be Director Tann, he's such an unlikable spineless character, the whole time I was talking to him I was wishing the game still had renegade interruptions so I could punch him lol 

Message 30 of 73 (655 Views)