EA/Bioware are not seemingly doing anything regards BOT's..

by Skauron

Original Post

EA/Bioware are not seemingly doing anything regards BOT's..

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Some weeks ago i reported a bot player via the correct method, and i've now seen posts from at least 2 other people in the last 3-4 days who have seen the same bot that i recorded leeching from gold games.

As this mechanism appears to be not effective in the slightest then be warned if you spot this bot in your game, then expect them not to leave the start area, and not contribute to your games.

No naming and shaming, see the boards rules

Message 1 of 5 (1,235 Views)

Re: EA/Bioware are not seemingly doing anything regards BOT's..

[ Edited ]
Hero

Perhaps you should send a tweet to Fernando Melo during Edmotnon work hours. BioWare staff tends to listen to fans on twitter.

Edit: Disregard. I don't know anything about game development, but I learned that targeting a single developer is a bad idea.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 5 (1,198 Views)

★★★ Pro

Have done.  my biggest problem with twitter, is i find the whole interface clunky, and un-user friendly.   the tweet length is extremely limiting too.  Its why i'm not a twitter fan in the slightest.

I honestly figured that reporting them via origin in the correct way would have some kind of impact, and yet players are still finding this 'bot player' regular in gold games.  The biggest problem is that this bot is successfully staying in many games due to players not kicking the bot.   I try to get people over VoIP to kick, but if people can't hear you for whatever reason and they don't see your RED X in the score sheet when pressing ESC then most of the time its like they are fine with this leech-bot just camping in their game.

Frankly it has the effect of ruining a game and while yes many can 3 man a game, it leaves a very bitter taste in your mouth knowing you've given free MP credits and apex rating to this leech-bot.

Anyway, i've done all i can, i've tweeted, i've reported, i've highlighted on forums, if i continue to see the reported players continuing to be allowed to do their thing then i have to presume that bioware and ea simply do allow it, and this will just mean MORE will start doing it.. and that is where multiplayer will die.. and die quick.  I won't stick around a game that gets like that, and these first instances are not encouraging.

I think and hope that these leech bots should be banned, with apex scores RESET, and assets stripped when discovered

Message 3 of 5 (1,189 Views)

★★★ Guide

This -

Why do players have to go track down the developers on social media for reporting a game bug? Why do the players even have to wonder which social media site is the one they have to use to do it? Is this not what the EA or Origins site is intended for, if not a common place for users to report game issues?

The social media scavenger hunt has gotten old.

Message 4 of 5 (1,056 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@TeahouseFox;  I totally agree, and have told my EA/BioWare contacts so.  (Evidently my opinion on this matter doesn't carry much weight with them. Disappointed )

Message 5 of 5 (901 Views)