Re: Do you also think the multiplayer characters suck?

by Rtrnofdmax

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

@BANDIT440 wrote:

It really gets old when people bash on a game because it is not the exact game that came before it.

The game is fun and fresh. Classes are reasonably balanced and serve different functions, and it runs really well on my rig. I clear golds with 20k+ with maybe 18k+ on an unleveled character. Solo bronze with 35-40k+. There are plenty of weapons and characters to choose from. There are 7 known maps with variable conditions, 3 enemy factions and 5 or so known objective types. Even if a few of them are only available intermittently there is more than meets the eye. This game has a respectable amount of content and room for growth. Just as ME3 evolved so will Andromeda.

I appreciate your opinion.

Not sure if I agree with 'fresh' though. It's also quite normal for people to feel down if the next version of a game feels somewhat of a downgrade from a previous as you're supposed to get better, not worse. 

You're probably right about that it will evolve, let's just hope it does in the right direction.

Message 11 of 23 (622 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Lag rubberband, even when on a good host, is still annoying. Because it's never not there to some degree.

Character skills are painfully underwhelming across the board.

All guns except maybe 2 or 3 are painfully underwhelming.

Lots of the enemies are just ridiculously Overpowered at higher difficulties. Doable? Yes. Fun? No.

Bottom line: the Fun to Suck ratio looks like this.

(fun) <<<<< [SUUUUCK]
Message 12 of 23 (612 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Much of the people complaining about MEA MP, this thread included, seem to have forgotten that the vast majority of content for ME3 MP didn't exist at launch.

Give it time, they've already demonstrated that they're going to continue adding content.
Message 13 of 23 (602 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Atfricks wrote:
Much of the people complaining about MEA MP, this thread included, seem to have forgotten that the vast majority of content for ME3 MP didn't exist at launch.

Give it time, they've already demonstrated that they're going to continue adding content.

I agree. Time will tell. They have made the basics of the multiplayer already and after they have added supported it like they did with ME3's multiplayer, it will definitely be great.

Message 14 of 23 (595 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Atfricks wrote:

I think the big difference is that things were quite a bit more balanced. Assault rifles didn't suck as much, power-cool downs weren't so high. This MP feels quite a bit rushed in comparison and yes, ME3 did have lots of patches and this is still early days. 

With ME3, the characters that I played that were initially released weren't so damn boring and under-powered. The Krogan Vanguard, for example, is in comparison a day/night difference and can serve to prove my point a little bit if you compare how under-powered he is in MEA vs ME3.

Message 15 of 23 (586 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Atfricks wrote:

But that's exactly the point. They had over five year to refine and build on the success of ME3, and in my humble opinion they ballsed it up. The game is boring, repetative, laggy and very restrictive. They sort of threw the baby out with the bath water when they designed MEA multiplayer.

And what's with the principle that because ME3 multiplayer started off small that somehow gives them permission or justification to start MEA the same. To be perfectly honest they should have come out with all guns blazing, not this snivelling mess, all designed to increase the grind factor and microtransactions ten fold. EA did they exactly the same thing with Plants versus Zombies - and they killed that second game dead.

I could be wrong but I think Bioware ditched the mob that made ME3 multiplayer - that was their very first mistake. Then they took away the fun factor. I bet that in 3 months time there will be more people playing 3 than Andromeda multiplayer, unless they radically and swiftly bring in more gameplay elements from 3. Thats' where the majority of the fan base has come, its just plain dumb for Bioware and EA to ignore that.

Message 16 of 23 (579 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@shaggiedo wrote:

@Atfricks wrote:

But that's exactly the point. They had over five year to refine and build on the success of ME3, and in my humble opinion they ballsed it up. The game is boring, repetative, laggy and very restrictive. They sort of threw the baby out with the bath water when they designed MEA multiplayer.

And what's with the principle that because ME3 multiplayer started off small that somehow gives them permission or justification to start MEA the same. To be perfectly honest they should have come out with all guns blazing, not this snivelling mess, all designed to increase the grind factor and microtransactions ten fold. EA did they exactly the same thing with Plants versus Zombies - and they killed that second game dead.

I could be wrong but I think Bioware ditched the mob that made ME3 multiplayer - that was their very first mistake. Then they took away the fun factor. I bet that in 3 months time there will be more people playing 3 than Andromeda multiplayer, unless they radically and swiftly bring in more gameplay elements from 3. Thats' where the majority of the fan base has come, its just plain dumb for Bioware and EA to ignore that.

You're absolutely right about the fact that they've had enough time.

I almost feel like we've become accustomed to paying for half-baked games with the hope of future developments being good.

*Sigh, why can't all game companies be like CD Projekt Red?

Message 17 of 23 (571 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@RedM3rcury Am I reading you correctly when you say that the Krogan Vanguard is weak in MEAMP? Respectfully, this is not the case at all. Kroguard is a tier 1 class right now, only being beat by the likes of the Asari Adept, Angara Avenger and anyone who's good with a Vanquisher. I don't have video of me playing, but perhaps I will let @tbxvividos try and convince you:

(1440p/60fps) Krogan Vanguard Lvl 20 Gold Gameplay (Mass Effect Andromeda Multiplayer)

Message 18 of 23 (570 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@Rtrnofdmax wrote:

@RedM3rcury@ Am I reading you correctly when you say that the Krogan Vanguard is weak in MEAMP? Respectfully, this is not the case at all. Kroguard is a tier 1 class right now, only being beat by the likes of the Asari Adept, Angara Avenger and anyone who's good with a Vanquisher. I don't have video of me playing, but perhaps I will let @tbxvividos try and convince you:

(1440p/60fps) Krogan Vanguard Lvl 20 Gold Gameplay (Mass Effect Andromeda Multiplayer)

Good vid thanks. He is a good player for certain.

I'm not saying that he is a 'bad' character, just not as effective as in ME3. For starters, in ME3 the Krogan characters had a power melee that smacked most light opponents out of the map (was awesome too!) but in MEA it's been reduced to a simple stand-still head-butt.

Carnage has been replaced by Nova and this was the other issue as carnage was pretty good against armoured and unarmoured opponents. The limited range in Nova removes that extra option of being able to hurt enemies a bit from afar.

I didn't really use barrier in ME3 as it slowed power usage and not really sure how I feel about Fortify in MEA as slow movement is deadly in higher difficulty.

The Vanguard in MEA struggles against the remnant where he never really struggled for me against any enemy in ME3.

But anyways...this is just my opinion...kinda feels he went from a giant-war-lizard-of-death to a politically correct semi-rude gecko.

Message 19 of 23 (563 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@RedM3rcury

Assemblers and Breachers are mooks so I'm guessing it's not them you're having issues with.

Observers can be a pain, but I find it best to charge them, hover, unload a shotgun into them and then see where you're at. If they're low enough to the ground, you can probably finish them with a Nova. If not, charge and repeat. The scattershot is a good shotgun to use on any vanguard.

For Nullifiers, they stop shooting if you break their frontal shield, and you can easily do that with a single headbutt. From there, it's just alternating shooting and headbutting until dead. Their melee does hurt and stagger, but you should be able to time your charges, headbutts and shots to minimize how often they hit you.

Destroyers do suck in melee range. Luckily, they open up wide for a Cobra. Wait until they do and any class can drop them in seconds. 

Message 20 of 23 (561 Views)