Definitely a spoiler....advice?

by Philbe63

Original Post

Definitely a spoiler....advice?

★★★★ Apprentice
Spoiler
Ok on the Archon's ship you have the option to save the Krogan scouts or the Salarian Pathfinder. How bad is it if I let the Pathfinder die? I know that Drack gets mad at me but I think he will get over that but the idea of letting a fellow pathfinder just die after all the stuff we've been through seems wrong. Will all the Salarians hate me if I let their Pathfinder die? She did put herself in harms way. And the fate of the Krogan is that they will become exalted super soldiers, not fun to fight at all (or maybe they are to some). Anyway, I'm being a wimp by asking for advice. Feel free to respond honestly Standard smile

Message 1 of 23 (4,332 Views)

Re: Definitely a spoiler....advice?

★★★★ Pro

From my experience, I only picked saving the Pathfinder. I sort of considered most of the Krogans were alive at Eladeen. Drack gets mad if we leave them behind. I don't know what happens when you choose not saving the Pathfinder. I think Drack will NOT be mad at you, but the Salarians might be a bit annoyed, specially Tann. But since when you ever cared about him anyway?

It might change a little the ending cut scenes, though.

Message 2 of 23 (4,327 Views)

★★ Guide

@Philbe63 wrote:
Spoiler
Ok on the Archon's ship you have the option to save the Krogan scouts or the Salarian Pathfinder. How bad is it if I let the Pathfinder die? I know that Drack gets mad at me but I think he will get over that but the idea of letting a fellow pathfinder just die after all the stuff we've been through seems wrong. Will all the Salarians hate me if I let their Pathfinder die? She did put herself in harms way. And the fate of the Krogan is that they will become exalted super soldiers, not fun to fight at all (or maybe they are to some). Anyway, I'm being a wimp by asking for advice. Feel free to respond honestly Standard smile

The Salarians just shrug and get over it pretty fast, as expected. Captain Hayjer gets appointed to that position. Tann is a bit miffed, but that's just a bonus. Wink

Message 3 of 23 (4,323 Views)

★★★ Pro

I have completed the game 3 times and all 3 times I picked Raeka.  These are my reasons:

If MEA2 does get produced, think there maybe some differences between Raeka and her successor(think he's the pilot and he seemed overwhelmed and lapping up everything Tann said).  That outcome vs saving some random krogan scout.  It's like would I save one of the members of the fantastic 4(4 pathfinders) or henchman 1, 2, 3, to 8?  This to me really wasnt an Ash vs Kaidan type choice lol...

Message 4 of 23 (4,319 Views)

★★ Guide

I honestly don't think the Salarians care at all. Tann blames Kesh but tells you he thinks you did your best. Besides they bring along 20,000+ salarians and maybe a thousand Krogan. Saving four krogan is more important than saving four salarians for species viability. Also, the salarian pathfinder has no useful information for you and Drack doesn't trust you enough after saving Meridian to let you in on Kesh's secret if you let the Krogan die. Just finished my 3rd. 

Message 5 of 23 (4,312 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Krogan picker here. I didn't know the amount of Krogans that you could save, but I chose the krogans over the pathfinder and other salarians mainly for the sake of reproduction. Kesh said they only made a dent in advancing the possibility to reproduce, so to me it was more important to save every krogan as much as possible. Also, I want to get on Drack's good side. 

So far only Tann whined about my decision if I recall correctly. I thought the Salarian pilot would complain about it as well, but surprisingly he did not. He only seemed to care about the Aden thingy (my PC automatically chose the wrong option because of faulty touchpad, don't judge me Tongue out).

Message 6 of 23 (4,311 Views)

★★★ Pro

Since there's talks about Krogan, here are some facts of krogan reproduction based on the previous ME series:

Without the genophage(or after the genophage cure):  EDI mentioned in ME3, a krogan female of breeding age can produce up to 1000 fertilized eggs a year.

With a full-blown Genophage(not cured and no modifications):   Mordin mentioned that the Genophage keeps checks population growth at 1 to 1000.  Which basically means mathematically a female Krogan even without curing the genophage could have 1 child per year.  Say if the chances improve due to the 600 year voyage, that number should go up...  

Out of a 1000 year lifespan lets say 50% of it is spent as a sexually active adult, that's 500 kids per Krogan female during their lifetime.  In a couple of century Krogans will outnumber not just the milky way species but eventually the angarians as well!  

Message 7 of 23 (4,300 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Kallo isn't happy if you choose the Krogan over the Salarian.

Both him and Drack do get over their grumpies though.

You have to fight more exalted Krogan on the first Meridian mission if you leave them behind, that's the only real difference I noticed. Might be painful if you play insanity. On normal it wasn't much of an issue. I think I will save the Pathfinder from now on. The Pathfinders have had such * luck, someones gotta look out for them, if not each other then who? No one else seems to jump up to the mark.

Message 8 of 23 (4,295 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Nykara360 Oh, then I must have missed that conversation but I always talk to everybody when I finish a mission though Frown

Message 9 of 23 (4,290 Views)

★★ Pro

@IIIPripyaTIII wrote:

@Nykara360 Oh, then I must have missed that conversation but I always talk to everybody when I finish a mission though Frown

He doesn't say much but does express his displeasure over the loss of the Salarian Pathfinder in favor of the Krogan. Like maybe a line or two of dialogue. Drack's reaction is a little more colourful, goes with their different personality!
Message 10 of 23 (4,285 Views)