Re: Controls?

by anti-loser1

Original Post

Controls?

★★★ Newbie

I know I am probably in the minority, but I hate using the triggers for gas and brake.  I don't like that control scheme, and I remap the gas and brake to the face buttons in every racing game that lets me.  The last two NFS games have not had options to remap the control buttons.  Will Payback finally allow us to change the controller layout again, like NFS games did before?  SOmeone please answer, because this is a deal breaker for me to purchase the game.

Message 1 of 13 (13,030 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

The PC version of NFS 2015 did allow you to remap buttons. the console sadly had two presets which only changed which thumbstick you steer with. i changed my controls on the PC for manual shifting Y for up and B for down. i agree this should be an option. if you have a PS4 you can change the controls through the system. but it is not ideal since it affects the whole system and not just the game remapping X or O will cause you to have to press a different button to accept or cancel. i avoid this option because of that. but here is a how to if you have a ps4 and you are curious

https://www.howtogeek.com/245977/how-to-remap-buttons-on-your-playstation-4s-controller/

Message 2 of 13 (12,838 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
Both the PS4 and Xbox One allow you to customize the controller inputs for any game,go to your console settings and look for button mapping
Message 3 of 13 (12,796 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Sparco_MLR wrote:
Both the PS4 and Xbox One allow you to customize the controller inputs for any game,go to your console settings and look for button mapping

The ps4 button assignment forces it for all games (and system itself), as it is not possible yet to choose different layouts for different games

Message 4 of 13 (12,781 Views)

★ Guide

That sounds new too mee, but i am kinda used too play racing games with the trigger buttons. Anyway there used too bee a choice in the settings where you could customize the controlls, i even remember that MW 2012 had that freedom. So i would be very surprised if  Payback does not alow us too customize the controlls, i mean the Fifa series also have that freedom.

Message 5 of 13 (12,730 Views)

★★ Guide

well since bf1 on console has custom controller mapping there's no reason it wouldn't exist in payback.

Message 6 of 13 (12,707 Views)

★★ Expert

@Axs5648Sxa5417

Here is an article you should fully read and review the answer in it.

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news/need-for-speed-payback-trailer-release-date-gameplay-characters-s...

Hope this clears it up for you.

Message 7 of 13 (12,672 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Now I can dominate! Thank you man!!!

Message 8 of 13 (11,986 Views)

★★★ Newbie

But I mean you could always change it back right? Say you dont wanna play the game for awhile. It is a very good temp fix.

Message 9 of 13 (11,985 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I love using the triggers. But im a manual racer. So using R1 and L1 is like a mandatory.

Message 10 of 13 (11,979 Views)