Casey Hudson's back in the game

by Fr0st223

Original Post

Casey Hudson's back in the game

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

So, it looks like big things're happening in BW again. GM Aaryn Flynn announced that he's leaving BW after 17 years and Casey Hudson'll take over as GM of BW Edmonton.

https://twitter.com/CaseyDHudson/status/887374376890503168

http://blog.bioware.com/2017/07/18/thank-you-for-everything/

Because I really like Casey and what he accomplished with BW and previous ME games I've to say that I'm really glad he's back and I hope this'll help BW in terms of project organisation and the current situation with MEA. Not sure if this helps Montreal but I believe that he'll at least try to do something about it. We may or may not see some significant changes but somehow I feel good about this.

Anyway, what do u guys think? Are u happy that Casey's back? Standard smile

Message 1 of 20 (1,877 Views)

Re: Casey Hudson's back in the game

★★★ Pro

Just hope ME will get a new lease of life...

More reports on youtube on this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APsf9Nuqm_M

Message 2 of 20 (1,845 Views)

★★★ Pro

He will likely just be fronting Anthem like those reports seem to suggest.  It would be nice if ME:A had some heavy focus but can you truly believe this will actually happen?   *sarcasm on* After all we have been really listened to as a community haven't we eh?  *sarcasm off* 

Message 3 of 20 (1,838 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I am inclined to agree with Skauron.  There has ben nothing said about where he is going but with the lacklustre praise that ME:A has had, I doubt he will be working on that but rather Bioware will try and save what little kudos they have by concentrating on Anthem which for the cynical amongst us will net in loads of micro-transactions.   

Message 4 of 20 (1,822 Views)

Hero

He will be general manager, so he'll be overseeing all of BioWare's projects, including Anthem and Dragon Age.

It's good to see Casey Hudson, Drew Karpyshyn, and Derek Watts back under the same roof. This is the power trio that made Knights of the Old Republic and Mass Effect such great games.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 20 (1,809 Views)

Champion (Retired)

He's been working on Destiny, which is famous for its micro-transaction farming. 

Message 6 of 20 (1,794 Views)

★ Guide

Well, I think it is too late for Andromeda, but I hope it still has as a positive effect for ME(:A).

A guy with his EGhas proven himself as a capable producer at least.
Maybe he has some sentimental feelings towards Mass Effect and stirs the Andromeda SP DLCs in the right direction.

Message 7 of 20 (1,780 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

In the corporate world, there are projects or products that makes or breaks careers, from what I read, think ME was his baby.  Think anyone with some pride wouldnt want his baby to fail, thus my hopes that things will get better for ME.  Not in the next 6 months(as he will need to get use to his new role and focus on the upcoming projects) but future projects. 

Message 8 of 20 (1,759 Views)

★ Pro

Results in the past are no guarantee for the future.

I'll see what happens. It sounds like a good thing, let's hope it is. BioWare has fallen quite a bit from where they were in my view. Casey apparently came up with the idea for Anthem and time will tell if he was someone who was glad to be done with Mass Effect or if he is concerned with where ME:A stands for more than just financial reasons.

Cynical? Perhaps, but there it is.

Message 9 of 20 (1,734 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

I don't know.. i guess if we.. the people who bought Mass Effect: Andromeda had not been made to feel that they have dropped everything to focus on Anthem ergo we then see reduced support, even less feed back than the 1% we have had since game release.. and no doubt no news about DLC's leaving us really guessing if there ever will be one.

You can't help a player base for at least feeling like ME:A is Anthems poor forgotten about brother which I think is what it will be postured towards.  All your news you will see going forwards will be Anthem this.. Anthem that.. such and such has now moved teams to front the Anthem project.. etc etc.. and in the meantime, just to keep you people who bought into Anthems Poor Brother ME:A.. here's 300% more weapon cards to find you poor.. poor people.. now go away.. go get busy finding them.. 

Now I AM also hopeful.. just as many are that there may be a surge in extra support for ME:A.. but so far.. it just hasn't felt like that.  At least i don't feel it has anyway.

I love my Sci-Fi games, and I loved the Mass Effect Trilogy, i even enjoyed very much Andromeda's single player and multiplayer.. but something does have me worried as to where it is going from here?    I guess only time will tell, and hopefully Casey Hudson can do something about changing the course this ship is currently on.  IF that is part of his remit that is.

Message 10 of 20 (1,719 Views)