Re: Can't use mouse and keyboard

by ObsessedSniper

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't use mouse and keyboard

★★★ Newbie

Hello everyone! I have a problem with Battlefield 1. When I load the game my cursor appears as usual but I can't click on anything. I can't use my mouse and my keyboard in the game. I have absolutely no idea how to solve this problem. Is there anyone who can help me?

Message 1 of 19 (17,797 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@ObsessedSniper Hey, do you have any other USB devices plugged in that your system might interpret as input devices, such as pads or wheels? If so, please unplug these and try again. 

If this doesn't help, please restart your system with a Clean Boot, then just start the game up and check again. This will help to check for interference from a 3rd party program. 

https://help.ea.com/uk/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Cheers. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 19 (20,386 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@ObsessedSniper Hey, do you have any other USB devices plugged in that your system might interpret as input devices, such as pads or wheels? If so, please unplug these and try again. 

If this doesn't help, please restart your system with a Clean Boot, then just start the game up and check again. This will help to check for interference from a 3rd party program. 

https://help.ea.com/uk/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Cheers. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 19 (20,387 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks! Standard smile It works. I really appreciate that man! Have a nice day :D

Message 3 of 19 (17,762 Views)

★★ Novice

dont work

Message 4 of 19 (17,410 Views)

★★ Novice

dont work for me

Message 5 of 19 (17,426 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Go to Computer Management->Services and Applications->Services and find:

"Touch keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service"

Stop it, and disable it

Or:

Plug in a game controller (for example PS3 controller) to your computer before starting Battflefield 1

Message 6 of 19 (17,290 Views)

★★★ Novice

However, after restarting the computer, the keyboard and mouse do not work in the game, even though the service "Touch keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service" is still stopped and disabled. Perhaps when stopping that service it works because something else makes the problem (whatever it is) go way, same when plugging in a game controller (which always works).

I have installed Battlefield 4 to see if the problem exists in that game too, but it works fine, so the problem is in Battlefield 1. I believe this is a bug that has to be fixed by the developers of Battlefield 1.

Note to EA: I have tried all things that I have read online and from your support, uninstalling/reinstalling BF/origin, making a "clean boot", disabling settings in origin, removing USB devices and uninstalling their software, using a clean Windows 10 installation, and more things.

Message 7 of 19 (17,073 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Hello @shelluzo

I m not sure but try : 

• to disable Discord Overlay

qHFziX4.png

• to disable origin overlay 

Origin-In-Game-Settings.jpg

• Now, you’ll be able to disable the Origin In-Game Overlay by simply moving the slider.

Disable-Origin-In-Game 2.jpg

I hope it will good for you?

Message 8 of 19 (17,051 Views)

★★★ Novice

It didn't help, thank you for sharing though

Message 9 of 19 (17,030 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I had the same issue... I went into the setting folder in my documents/bf1/settings and deleted all files in settings. 

Then it launched in windowed, updated and works fine in windowed mode.  I haven't dared to go full screen so it limits my rez to 1080 but thats fine.. at least it works!!

Message 10 of 19 (17,006 Views)