Bought Andromeda points, not showing up.

by IICrazyTrainII

Original Post

Re: Bought Andromeda points, not showing up.

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Right now I can't buy anything ... I wanted to buy a Mass Effect 3 DLC, but the Pop-Up shows me an error. I wil lwait some time ...

And .... WHERE can I buy Origin Points, please? I don't have enough. I really don't know ..... *SHAME* Embarrassed Can't find something .... suppose it's easy to find and I just don't see it.

Message 11 of 37 (1,847 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you @Avengencer, it's looking like there's a time factor alright. From what I can see you should have the 500, is this reflected on your side? If not, can you try restarting the game an the Origin app itself?

@Rappeldrache Hey, I'll guess that you mean to buy Bioware Points rather than Origin points? What region are you in and what error message do you get?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 12 of 37 (1,838 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Standard smile I'm in Germany Standard smile I suppose I have the "European Origin".

I wanted to buy ME3 DLC's. I'm still missing a few. And yes, I mean Bioware points. You are right. Large smile

Can't find the button. Frown 

And this is what I see if I want to buy a DLC in ME3. I have not installed the game right now ....

Message 13 of 37 (1,833 Views)

Community Manager

@Rappeldrache Thanks. Many countries have their own Origin page. Ones in nearby regions tend to be similar but can have some differences and are different storefronts, so your country can be useful info if you're having issues. 

However in this case it looks like you're using the old version of Origin. Do you have a PC with Windows 7 SP1 or later? If so, you can try updating your Origin to the latest version, then try the download again: https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/store/download

If this isn't an option and you're on a PC with an older Windows, do you have any issues if you look at the web version of the store?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 14 of 37 (1,828 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_David wrote:

Thank you @Avengencer, it's looking like there's a time factor alright. From what I can see you should have the 500, is this reflected on your side? If not, can you try restarting the game an the Origin app itself?

Some of it didn't show on it's own but support was super helpful and was able to fix the issue very quickly!

Message 15 of 37 (1,818 Views)

Community Manager

Wonderful, thanks for the update. I'll take a look for the case and pass on your quote too, if you like. Standard smile

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 16 of 37 (1,816 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
I'm also missing points. I bought 2 packs of 1050 points, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. I received the first pack but not the second. I've contacted support half a dozen times and they refuse to resolve the issue. They are stating that I used them when I didn't. Obviously I'm not the only one with this issue. Why will support not help with this?
Message 17 of 37 (1,793 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same here. Contacted support and was told there was no problem, the server needed to sync - wasn't worried about it until I saw this thread. Frown

Guess I will just have to check back and see later. If I go back to Support and they try to tell me I already used the points, I will be very unhappy.

Message 18 of 37 (1,765 Views)

Community Manager

@Adverblast In your case it does appear that the points were delivered and consumed? Did support clarify the timing on the purchases? Double-checking on this everything looks like it's working as it should, with multiple pack purchases adding up to 2100 points during the time in question. 

@edan134 It looks like your issue is being looked at further, hopefully things can be cleared up soon. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 19 of 37 (1,733 Views)

★★ Guide

I had a few problems with the Points, too. But than I bought them on the Homepage and spend them on the Homepage ( https://www.origin.com ) . This worked good for me.

Thanks to the Community Manager here for the hint. Heart

Message 20 of 37 (1,730 Views)