Re: Boba Fett needs a flamethrower ability.

by Derrockeet

Original Post

Boba Fett needs a flamethrower ability.

★★ Apprentice

It literally makes the character, come on... Flamethrower in Battlefront 2015 was the most fun ability to use, strafe around people and burn them from a relatively close range.

I'd like to see it as a StarCard replacement for Concussion Rocket, because both can keep other heroes away from you or used pseudo aggressively.

You told us we'd have Flamethrower for Boba Fett on melee but what was in the Beta was just a flame animation with the same melee mechanics, so basically it's useless.

Anyways, something like that deserves to be powerful and in order to not be OP it should be an ability.

Message 1 of 3 (287 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'd imagine Flamethrower would be an alternate Star Card, based on what I've heard about the customization. Seems silly not to.

Message 2 of 3 (282 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

When they showed us Alpha gameplay I've heard on SWBFUpdates livestream that they will add the flamethrower as a melee and seeing how they changed the melee animation and added the flame effect to it it just feels like they lied about it, possibly encountered some limitations and it was not worth recoding the game for it. That's why I'd hope that they add it as a brand new ability that you can swap on a hero, but we can't be sure if they want to introduce cards like that to heroes at all yet. I wouldn't mind if they recoded the melee to be a 5th ability on Boba that uses jetpack fuel and it'd make it completely balanced, high damage but you expend fuel fast.

Message 3 of 3 (268 Views)