Benefactor (contains spoilers)

by UndeadHessian

Original Post

Re: Benefactor (contains spoilers)

★★★★★ Guide

@VladVonCastein wrote:

I was also hoping for some Asari Matriarch or Salarian STG head to be the benefactor... 

I'm betting it's the Geth, myself. They'd be very interested in A.I. research (and not biased against it, of course). They have the resources to fund building five Arks and the Nexus itself. They have/had access to Reaper technology (like the OSDY drive that just happens to work very similarly to the Reapers FTL drive.) They are shown to not be genocidal to a fanatical degree (and even tried to save the very few Quarian pro-Geth supporters on Roanok(SP?) while still being casually ruthless enough to kill someone figuring them out.

The fact that the Benefactor had a "legion" of faces and the name Andromeda Initiative could be subtle hints. They could have been active the whole trip over, preparing to move in the background with their own stealth ships upon arrival.

Message 11 of 109 (982 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@VladVonCastein

"...1) has to be someone currently in Andromeda.  so it will not be not TIM, not the citadel council, not the shadow broker, not anyone in the Milky Way during ME2/ME3...."

I don't see how this condition eliminates the original shadow broker whom we've never seen, only heard of.  Because someone claimed they're dead?  Because I've learned from many a fiction, don't believe that until you see a body... and even then...

Message 12 of 109 (970 Views)

★★★ Pro

@PretzleMe wrote:

@VladVonCastein

"...1) has to be someone currently in Andromeda.  so it will not be not TIM, not the citadel council, not the shadow broker, not anyone in the Milky Way during ME2/ME3...."

I don't see how this condition eliminates the original shadow broker whom we've never seen, only heard of.  Because someone claimed they're dead?  Because I've learned from many a fiction, don't believe that until you see a body... and even then...

@PretzleMe

I was referring to the Yahg, why would I refer to someone I havent seen before lol.  Are you referring to the one before the Yahg?  As far as I am concerned anyone whom we have not met in ME1 ME2 or ME3 is considered new in my books, and is welcomed to andromeda as the benefactor.  However, if you are talking about the one before the Yahg, Liara mentioned that he took the Yahg as a pet and the Yahg killed him, when she mentioned this the Yahg did not dispute her claim but was irate, which strongly implied that Liara's assumption is correct.  Whilst there is still a possibility, that the Yahg was triggered by something else, the probability of it happening is low.  Putting myself in Bioware's shoes, would it not be easier for me to create someone new and interesting and sell that character rather than to now go back and explain oh actually the yahg didnt kill him.  liara just assumed and the yahg just got mad cause she's silly and smug.  LOL I am fine with the one before the one before the Yahg though, could be krogan or asari that lived a long life.  

Attached video watch from the 32min mark.  Anyway am migrating back to the milky way, visiting my old friends on the normandy Large smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nkoPnI19Kw

Message 13 of 109 (964 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I didn't know who you were referring to given, to our knowledge, there have been 3 Shadow Brokers.  It's not like even the most logical among us are being logical 100% of the time and or don't make mistakes so it was possible that you were talking about the previous broker or even the actual current one since you were eliminating them as a possibility.

But thank you for clarifying.

Message 14 of 109 (952 Views)

★★ Pro

Maybe Miranda embezzled a bunch of funds from her dad and delayed the final arc to get oriana and her family on board or maybe she made some kinda deal with cerberus to do it.. O.o.

Message 15 of 109 (944 Views)

★★ Pro

Ohhh what about Udina? Guy always was shadey af, maybe didn't count on getting dead before the final arc departed.

Message 16 of 109 (941 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Nykara360 wrote:

Ohhh what about Udina? Guy always was shadey af, maybe didn't count on getting dead before the final arc departed.

Didn't he die during ME3? So he definitely didn't leave.

Message 17 of 109 (937 Views)

★★★★ Pro

He left his body.

Message 18 of 109 (930 Views)

★ Pro

@VladVonCastein wrote:

However, if you are talking about the one before the Yahg, Liara mentioned that he took the Yahg as a pet and the Yahg killed him, when she mentioned this the Yahg did not dispute her claim but was irate, which strongly implied that Liara's assumption is correct.  

Or at least strongly implied that the Yahg took objection to being called a pet. I know my Shepard would respond about the same if the roles were reversed, as I am no one's pet.

Message 19 of 109 (922 Views)

★ Apprentice

It's probably just a technical thing. Bioware didn't create Quarian or Volus models for Andromeda.

Message 20 of 109 (922 Views)