Benefactor (contains spoilers)

by UndeadHessian

Original Post

Benefactor (contains spoilers)

★★★★★ Novice

Anyone notice that the races the benefactor used? Because I only remember krogen, turian, asari, human, and salarian. 

In ME3 you can get a picture of Tali so you know what a quarian looks like. I don't believe they ever showed what a volus looks like. But either way, why weren't their appearances used? 

And it sounded like to me that the benefactor used Jean garsons voice (I can't remember how to spell her name). Why use her voice when your already masking you face.

So He/She/It is not the council, can't be the illusive man because why would he help the others build arks, it wasn't any of the races in Mass effect 3 government because no one believes Shepard. All that leaves is a unmentioned (or I didn't notice) organization, the brain race that was in Mass effect one, and the geth.

Any thoughts? Or holes to poke?

Message 1 of 109 (2,465 Views)

Re: Benefactor (contains spoilers)

★ Pro

We really need to take all the Benefactor threads and string them all together. If someone could do that it would be awesome.

Message 2 of 109 (2,461 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

I had 4 replies on 4 different threads...  My opinion((you can have yours and you dont have to criticise mine):

1) has to be someone currently in Andromeda.  so it will not be not TIM, not the citadel council, not the shadow broker, not anyone in the Milky Way during ME2/ME3.

2)  Not SAM he was clearly still being manufactured, 

3)  He's done well in EOS.  (as per the note in the kett base where the moshae is held.)

I am hoping it's someone new.  His MO is like Reyes, but scales are very different.  I spoke with a lady called Kim Connor, the EOS supply officer I am still trying to go back every now and then to speak with her,  this latest conversation she mentioned that she was once from a wealthy family in the milky way...  Her last sentence is "Precious things makes you a target.  And drastic steps are sometimes needed to protect them.  No more for now."    I dont think she is the Benefactor, seem too low key and too far down the food chain, but perhaps related to the benefactor?  An agent?  Will go back again to see if there's a conclusion to her conversation.

Message 3 of 109 (2,448 Views)

★★★ Pro

Ok just finished the entire conversation with kim connor.  She escaped the milky way cause her asari partner wanted to take her fortunes and she found out a tax loophole to protect her children by coming to andromeda she's technically not dead for 600 years so her kids will still get to enjoy her wealth(that is if they still have it after the reapers finished off a whole bunch of colonies and planets...  So dont think she's the benefactor.

Message 4 of 109 (2,427 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I would totally 180 my opinion about the game if a TIM clone exists who is voiced by Martin Sheen again. 

Message 5 of 109 (2,424 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I guess they used images only of those Milky Way species that are present in the "basic" Mass Effect Andromeda. Otherwise players new to the franchise would not recognize all of the images. Also, perhaps they had not yet spent enough time on preparing resources like textures and meshes for other alien species - though I *guess* they should have already started working on quarians...

Message 6 of 109 (2,417 Views)

★★★ Pro

could also hint at the benefactor being a quarian, or volus, no? oh, i got.. it's barla von! (did i spell that right?). or am i kidding? even i don't know.

Message 7 of 109 (2,404 Views)

★★★ Pro

@CasperTheLich wrote:

could also hint at the benefactor being a quarian, or volus, no? oh, i got.. it's barla von! (did i spell that right?). or am i kidding? even i don't know.

I bet it is more they weren't going to go back and resplice a scene already in the can.

New theory: It is Jack, getting even with the entire galaxy.

Boy, are we in for a rough ride.

Message 8 of 109 (2,397 Views)

★ Pro

I still like Aria as benefactor, coming in power on the last ark out of the Milky Way, under cover of the allied assault on Cerberus HQ/Earth. She winds up bringing as much power to the table in ME3 as most of the major races (even if she skims the cream off the top), has total control of a large region of space, and a strong and deep intel network.

Bonus if she uses Omega as an ark

Message 9 of 109 (2,389 Views)

★★★ Pro

I was also hoping for some Asari Matriarch or Salarian STG head to be the benefactor... 

Message 10 of 109 (2,372 Views)