Re: Battlefield 1 DVD install Origin

by EA_David

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield 1 DVD install Origin

★★ Novice

Hi,  I pre-ordered a DVD version of BF1
Im new to pc gaming and im not sure if the DVD will work with origin.. How would i install it from the CD but have it on the origin platform? And assuming it is on the origin platform i just need the CD for install is that correct?
Thank you in advance

Message 1 of 16 (12,649 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@hashmash123 Hi, the main component of your purchase is the Product Code(s), which should printed on a leaflet in the box. 

When you get the game you can pop in the disc and it'll start the install process. You'll be prompted to log in with your Origin account and once you use the attached product code(s) the game will be permanently associated with that account. 

Alternatively if you have fast internet, you can just redeem the code through Origin, then start the download. Nowadays the discs are just a delivery method for game data files and ownership is tied to the account. 

From then on you can redownload as much as you want, but you can also use the disc. Origin should be able to detect a disc in your drive, and if you ever reinstall it should try to pull the data from the disc first, rather than downloading everything. However during the install process you'll need to be online for patching and registration. 

I hope this helps to clear things up and if you have any more questions please let us know. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 16 (15,258 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@hashmash123 Hi, the main component of your purchase is the Product Code(s), which should printed on a leaflet in the box. 

When you get the game you can pop in the disc and it'll start the install process. You'll be prompted to log in with your Origin account and once you use the attached product code(s) the game will be permanently associated with that account. 

Alternatively if you have fast internet, you can just redeem the code through Origin, then start the download. Nowadays the discs are just a delivery method for game data files and ownership is tied to the account. 

From then on you can redownload as much as you want, but you can also use the disc. Origin should be able to detect a disc in your drive, and if you ever reinstall it should try to pull the data from the disc first, rather than downloading everything. However during the install process you'll need to be online for patching and registration. 

I hope this helps to clear things up and if you have any more questions please let us know. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 16 (15,259 Views)

★★ Novice

thank you @EA_David ! So as soon as it opens after i put the CD in, i put the cd key in, and it will start getting the files from the CD automatically? Or do i have to lcik "download" and it will get the files from the CD
Thanks heaps sorry i am very particular

Message 3 of 16 (12,587 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I reside in Australia and have slow internet and wish to play on release day. I am looking to purchase the PC version and use the DVD to install BF1. 

Can you please confirm whether there will be multiple dvd's for installation that contains the full game? or will there be just 1 dvd with the partial game, and the rest of the content will need to be downloaded through Origin?

Thanks in advance!!

Message 4 of 16 (12,560 Views)

Community Manager

@Player_0i39umma Hey, I just opened  up a physical copy of the game and i have 5 discs arrayed in front of me. 

Bear in mind that there will be updates and patches, as well as DLC packages added later, but it looks like the majority of the game's data is on the discs. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 16 (12,550 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_David Thanks for the feedback and prompt reply! 

Message 6 of 16 (12,538 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey David,

Just to be sure if I purchased an Australian PC version of the game, I can either install the game using discs or just use the code inside the case and download it via origin? Essentially meaning I have two options of installing the game?

Thanks.

Message 7 of 16 (12,374 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
When you put the cd in the tray ot will run and ask you to open origin
Then it will ask.for a code
This adds the game to your library
Then it asks if you want to install from cd
But I think for cd version you have to have cd in the tray to play
I bought the cd and started installing, then I stopped cause my cd drive almost made me deaf
The install was 36gb
I stopped it and took out the cd and it let me download which I did and yea its all good.. the files added upto 40gb though
Once its on your library you can uninstall and download as many times as you like
Message 8 of 16 (12,362 Views)

★★★ Novice

So I can't just open origin and redeem the code and then install it? Because I don't have a DVD drive installed in my PC. And my local stores all have it for a reasonable price on DVD.

Message 9 of 16 (12,352 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You can - I logged in to Origin and hit download. 

However I would love to install from these DVD discs but it doesn't work - the product key registers and downloads fine though - miffed I can't actually use the discs for most of it though 

Message 10 of 16 (12,325 Views)