Re: Battlefield 1 Black Screen on Startup (PC)

by IIPrest0nII

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield 1 Black Screen on Startup (PC)

★ Novice

When I launch Battlefield 1 I can hear the music and everything, even makes the sounds of clicking a button when I click.  I just simply cannot see anything.  It used to work.  It worked very well, but now I just cannot play it at all.  I have tried repairing the game, reinstalling it completely, reinstalling graphics drivers, going back to old graphics drivers, and none of that worked.  Does anyone know what I could do to fix it?

Message 1 of 18 (36,167 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA DICE Team

Hey @herrmefisto Welcome to AHQ!

There is some troubleshooting steps that you can  do to try to solve the issue you are having.

Let me know if anything worked! 

/Atic 

View in thread

Message 7 of 18 (29,725 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

It could be a problem with DX12, because when i changed to dx12, i was playing fine until the next day when i started the game again. go here for solution

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LELmf0Eli0c 

go into my drive, documents, battlefield 1, settings, open PROFSAVE_profile and find DX12 enabled and change it to 0

Message 2 of 18 (36,035 Views)

★ Novice
I’ve never used dx12 still black screen
Message 3 of 18 (31,303 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@FireRescueBRFD wrote:
I’ve never used dx12 still black screen

@FireRescueBRFD

Did you try to reinstall/update your graphics driver, reset your settings by deleting PROFSAVE_profile file in Battlefield 1 folder in Documents, disable Origin in game overlay in Application Settings of Origin client and in Game Properties?

Please attach your DxDiag file to your message

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Thanks!

Message 4 of 18 (31,259 Views)

@true_c_gen wrote:

When I launch Battlefield 1 I can hear the music and everything, even makes the sounds of clicking a button when I click.  I just simply cannot see anything.  It used to work.  It worked very well, but now I just cannot play it at all.  I have tried repairing the game, reinstalling it completely, reinstalling graphics drivers, going back to old graphics drivers, and none of that worked.  Does anyone know what I could do to fix it?

What are your PC specs to include OS? Are you getting any error codes or error messages or just the black screen?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 5 of 18 (31,131 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have the same issue:
I recorded it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Et1TcUwz_Q

Removing PROFSAVE file doesn't work. I even wrote a bat script to firstly remove this file and then run Battlefield 1 but BF1 still doesn't work for me.

@ragnarok013wrote:

@true_c_gen wrote:

What are your PC specs to include OS? Are you getting any error codes or error messages or just the black screen?

I don't get any error message. My PC spec:
Intel Core i7 6700k
16 GB RAM
Gigabyte G1 Gaming 1080  8GB
250 GB SSD 

Windows 10 Home

Newest Nvidia drivers

I'm playing using screen resolution: 2560 : 1080 

Message 6 of 18 (28,185 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @herrmefisto Welcome to AHQ!

There is some troubleshooting steps that you can  do to try to solve the issue you are having.

Let me know if anything worked! 

/Atic 

Message 7 of 18 (29,726 Views)

★★ Novice

I did everything (except "Try another windows user account.")

but nothing helped :/ 

Message 8 of 18 (28,000 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey @herrmefisto,

When you're getting this "black screen" when starting up Battlefield 1, is the loading wheel just sitting there and no longer spinning? Your game freezes correct?

If so, please try turning off the Origin In-Game Overlay in the Origin Launcher, and also right click the Battlefield 1 image in your Library, and turn it off in the game properties settings.

Also, make sure that you are running DX11 and not DX12, this is known to cause a few issues.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Standard smile 

★★ Novice

The loading whell is spinning all the time. Sometimes I see mouse cursor (and can move), sometimes I don't.
I turned off origin in the game and set direct x to 11 but still it doesn't work good. 

Message 10 of 18 (27,975 Views)