Arrival conflicting information?

by ViViD_Prime

Original Post

Re: Arrival conflicting information?

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@mcsupersport

Yup, pretty much summarizes the giant plot hole the entire ME3 ending is...

One really shouldn't compare one relay imploding vs ME3 as the ending is so very very poorly written and detail cross-checked...

Message 11 of 19 (357 Views)

★ Pro

@Vellu78 wrote:

@mcsupersport

One really shouldn't compare one relay imploding vs ME3 as the ending is so very very poorly written and detail cross-checked...

What I want to know is could the Initiative see/detect either from dark space, since both were apparently huge and superluminal?Raised eyebrow

Message 12 of 19 (346 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Because light takes more than 2 million years to reach Andromeda from Milky Way, and they were travelling faster than it could reach them.

Regarding other means of detection, I'll leave that to the writers to explain.

Message 13 of 19 (341 Views)

★ Pro

@fudgietroll wrote:

@Vellu78 wrote:

@mcsupersport

What I want to know is could the Initiative see/detect either from dark space, since both were apparently huge and superluminal?Raised eyebrow

Literally seeing not possible due to a fore mentioned distance, but QEC communication is in place. It is passingly mentioned (in HNS, iirc) that no contact has been made with Milkyway so far. It has been six hundred years there too....almost irrelevant what the outcome of ME3, that's enough time for civilizations to change...or the QEC comms being lost or destroyed. Basically the DEV's can come up with anything they want, but have not done so yet.

Message 14 of 19 (334 Views)

★★★ Pro

LOL, its a game, game designers are not scientist and there will be some loopholes...

Anyway for those of you interested in what a real scientist think about QEC, this is one of the better vids I found, it's clear, short and easy to understand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QErwOK3S5IE

Message 15 of 19 (325 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Yeah, MAE is a bit soft even with the built in "science" of Mass Effect. Because a rather omnidirectional transponder breaks QEC (can't triangulate weird quantum wooginess) and communication relays used back in the Milky Way (basically FTL mini-relays that only work with EM waves/lasers between two very specific points in space).

Message 16 of 19 (313 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I wish the endings for Mass effect 3 are not canonizes and the developers create a new ending or borrow the ending mod. Maybe the Mass Effect 4 would take place in the distance future (centuries) about solving the dark matter aging the galaxy or repairing mass effect relay to the Andromeda galaxy and make vague references to the battle with the reapers. Also, maybe in the ME 4; you are descend of Shepard or descend cousin, unnamed or unknown sidling of Shepard.

Message 17 of 19 (303 Views)

★★ Pro

@Vellu78 wrote:

@fudgietroll wrote:

@Vellu78 wrote:

@mcsupersport

Literally seeing not possible due to a fore mentioned distance, but QEC communication is in place. It is passingly mentioned (in HNS, iirc) that no contact has been made with Milkyway so far. It has been six hundred years there too....almost irrelevant what the outcome of ME3, that's enough time for civilizations to change...or the QEC comms being lost or destroyed. Basically the DEV's can come up with anything they want, but have not done so yet.

Yep even the big fu to the star child ending could be negated with some managing to hide like the protheans did and re-emerge later. After 600 yrs they could have done a good job repopulating by now and fended off the next reaper attack.

Message 18 of 19 (296 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Well, it's a game and fiction. Just like movies. These things are set-up to make some basic sense/continuity.

No point digging for precise cause and effect answers and calculations of all tech stuff we see in such stories. These things don't even exist to be able to give an exact quantum equation result. There are no cryo pods, mass relays, teleport beams, shields, space stations, vampires, shapeshifters, FTL.... Heck, we can barely make it to the moon lol ... Too much fuel, too heavy craft to leave gravitation, too much money and what not...

Not even mentioning space ships shooting beams to absorb planet cores Standard smile    It's fun to discuss though... but i wouldn't blame writers for that. Oh well...

Message 19 of 19 (278 Views)