Re: Apex Daily Challenge - Combat mastery not working

by ScornfulOrchid

Original Post

Apex Daily Challenge - Combat mastery not working

★★★★★ Novice

So we have a perfect trifecta of broken power challenges.  after ignoring the tech mastery challenge for two days the biotic mastery challenge also failed.  Now, to complete the power circle, the combat mastery challenge doesn't work.  Frag grenade, concussive shot, and flak cannon all failed to score me points.  Really EA? I don't understand why you can't fix this, or at least admit the problem is on your end and not a problem with MY computer. I have reported the bugs only to have the problem listed as "resolved" when it isn't and "Closed" when you chose to ignore it., I've gotten on your tech support chat twice and had to strip out my game files to the point reinstalling the game, and i have had to "repair" the game 3 times.  i have gone to the length of striping my computer OS down to "clean boot" it as per your instructions and had nothing work.  It feels like now that you got my money from me for the game you are ignoring the problems that keep cropping up.  Again, at least admit to the problem in the bug reports/known bugs section.  Let your fans, clients, loyal customers know that they don't cry out in vain.

Message 1 of 6 (964 Views)

★ Apprentice

Not working for me either Frown  It's absurd how they keep issuing broken challenges.  Fix your damn game EA.

Message 2 of 6 (908 Views)

★★★ Pro

Not worked for me on any of those challenges.   I will not be resetting my game to try to fix the issue as I do not believe it is a local issue that can be fixed without a patch

feel free to justify why resetting game files will fix it without a patch by replying here EA but somehow I doubt I will see such info

Message 3 of 6 (894 Views)

★ Guide

Its a server side issue. Any time issues like this come up its always a server side error with it collating the data from matches. Either its a display bug, and it counts but doesnt show. Or it just doesnt count it period. In both cases a server patch is required to resolve the issue. However that can mean a game patch is also required to bring it up to the MP servers codebase. In this case though, methinks its just a server fix alone thats required.

Ive seen this exact thing happen many many times since the dawn of online gaming.

Message 4 of 6 (885 Views)

★★★★ Novice

But why still happening? You'd think by now developers have enough history to know how to code these in a workable manner.

When those power based ones come out I get excited since it's a good excuse to try a new character, but without it working takes the extra incentive out.

Message 5 of 6 (880 Views)

★ Guide

Its still happening simply because the daily challenges are new to the server side code and are still buggy. You have to remember that you have server side storage for your profiles stats, if its not collated and stored properly, you get issues like this. To be fair its pretty easy to make a mistake with these kind of changes, as it involves a fair bit of code to make it work.

Message 6 of 6 (870 Views)