Anyone else have this problem?

by Covality

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Anyone else have this problem?

★★ Newbie
Melee's and alternator are op. Why does a punch to a robotic face kill the robot? (Phase shift) and alternator is allowed to 2 shot?
Message 1 of 2 (581 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Anyone else have this problem?

Community Manager

@Covality Hey I think "Game balance" is the key to the instakill melees. Considering the low time-to-kill of the game if it took one or more blows to take someone down in melee nobody would use it. 

For the Alternator you'd need to be in close range and hit 2 headshots (or be amped) for a 2-shot skill, which fits the gun's role as a close-range monster. 

If you're getting frustrated at someone phasing then shooting you in the kidneys, it's worth noting that when the other player phases the cloud will indicate their movement direction, You can use this to predict where they'll emerge and get the jump on them instead. 

If someone keeps shutting you down with the Alternator perhaps swapping to the Arc grenades will help. they're easy to hit with, even if someone's a wall-ninja, and it'll slow and stun them enough for you to finish them off.

I still haven't settled on my personal opinion of what's "OP" with the latest balance sweep, but I'm happy to talk guns and tactics.

Cheers. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (697 Views)

All Replies

Re: Anyone else have this problem?

Community Manager

@Covality Hey I think "Game balance" is the key to the instakill melees. Considering the low time-to-kill of the game if it took one or more blows to take someone down in melee nobody would use it. 

For the Alternator you'd need to be in close range and hit 2 headshots (or be amped) for a 2-shot skill, which fits the gun's role as a close-range monster. 

If you're getting frustrated at someone phasing then shooting you in the kidneys, it's worth noting that when the other player phases the cloud will indicate their movement direction, You can use this to predict where they'll emerge and get the jump on them instead. 

If someone keeps shutting you down with the Alternator perhaps swapping to the Arc grenades will help. they're easy to hit with, even if someone's a wall-ninja, and it'll slow and stun them enough for you to finish them off.

I still haven't settled on my personal opinion of what's "OP" with the latest balance sweep, but I'm happy to talk guns and tactics.

Cheers. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 2 (698 Views)