Anyone else get a bunch of new bugs with 1.07?

by DarthLlama

Original Post

Anyone else get a bunch of new bugs with 1.07?

★ Guide

I have never seen a 'hot fix' break so many other things in the game.

So far since updating to 1.07 I have the following list of new bugs.

1. Cryo pod points are granted for everything. I have all 28 perks and have 3 points left over. Every time I do something that increases viability it seems to give me a cryo pod point.

2. Sam is back to telling me 'Pathfinder, you have new email at your terminal' every single time I walk through the tempest.

3. Because of bug #1 he also tells me I have AVP outstanding since I have unspent points.

4. When I start the game, I get 'building shaders' and it cycles through 10k+ shaders over and over often taking 3-5 minutes before I can start the game. Doesn't happen everytime, but when it does.. man is it annoying.

5. Biotic Charge is completely broken if I have PeeBee in my party. The 'invalid target' bug has been in the game for a while, but since 1.07 it went from happening 10-15% of the time to 95% of the time if I use PeeBee in my party. She's my favorite of the companions and I can no longer bring her on any missions.

Anyone else have any of these things happen since 1.07? 

Seriously.. how can a simple 'hot fix' have these type of effects?

Message 1 of 31 (822 Views)

Re: Anyone else get a bunch of new bugs with 1.07?

★★ Guide

1.  Could be my future problem, as I'm seeing 9/22.

2.  Haven't experienced this, only in 1.05 and earlier. 

3.  Opposite for me, I don't hear SAM telling about unspent points anymore even though I have some.

4.  Yeah same problem for me, present in 1.05 and later.  How can you justify long loading assets/shaders when only going to the main menu?  This left me with no rewards or exp in multiplayer.  

5.  No problem with Charge with Pebee in party. Invalid target shows when an enemy I'm charging is covered entirely. 

Message 2 of 31 (803 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

1)  Nope, not yet...

2)  Still enjoying the silence, in fact he doesnt tell me I have new email when I did have new email.  Lousy AI could never get it right!

3)  NA since I dont have issues for 1

4)  Loading takes longer than before but not to the extent of 3-5 mins.  20-30secs for me?

5)  I am currently walking around with Peebee using an infiltrator & Vanguard mix.  No issues with Charge so far.

one bit that annoyed me though, after a mission, I went back to the tempest. checked my emails, nothing from jaal. but suvi says he wants to see me.  Fine... went to meet him.  so told me about his loyalty mission of saving his family from akksul etc etc.  After that I got a big red X sign over my mission.  stating I didnt read Jaals email  Not so much an issue as I can still progress with his loyalty mission, but it was just absolutely unnecessary and annoying.  Dont think I had this in my previous playthrough.

Message 3 of 31 (792 Views)

★ Guide

Interesting, thanks guys for the replies.

The only one that really bothers me is the Charge one. Sometimes it seems like it happens all the time, and it's really annoying when playing a Vanguard because Charge is the centerpiece of my build/strategy. 

It seems to me like whenever PeeBee uses a Biotic Effect on an enemy the target then becomes Invalid. It used to happen on rare occasion but now seems to happen quite often. If it's not a universal issue though, then I'll see if maybe there is something I can change around to see if I can resolve it on my end. The Shaders one is pretty annoying too, but usually once it 'builds' everything it's fine from there. I haven't tried Multiplayer since 1.07 so who knows what it will do to that experience.

Again, thanks for the replies.. if I'm the only one having these issues then I'll have to look at things on my side to see if I can figure it out. Most of the bugs are just annoyances that I can tolerate pretty easily. If anyone else has the Charge issue and has found a way around it though, I would appreciate the feedback. It's the only issue that really effects ability to play the game.

Message 4 of 31 (778 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Ok not sure if I categorise them as bugs but perhaps re-balancing?  Some observations on my part post 1.07 patch:

Research and development:

1)  This is effectively my 5th playthrough, for my previous 4, after EOS, I didnt need to buy any materials, have them in abundance.  However this time round, I found myself buying crafting materials like Kett Alloy and Angarian Meditation crystals.  

2)  I can research the krogan hammer and asari sword, but cant seem to find omniblade in there.  I can still develop it, but it's always 1 level lower than the other weapons.  Eg if my blackwidow is a 7 ranked weapon, the omniblade would be 6 ranked.

3)  I cant seem to find the double mod extension aug.  I have the normal mod extension but not the double.  Am currently in Elaadin, done with eos, kedara, voeld and havarl.  Done the asari ark but not the salarian one.  A little surprised that at this stage a double mod extension aug havent dropped. Maybe it's the lucky of the draw, maybe they took it out?

Conversations:

They stated that they patched the conversations and it's no longer grayed out, but there are still bugs.  Eg Cora, her War stories are never grayed out even when she clearly have nothing else to say.  So now it's the opposite LOL!  

Message 5 of 31 (770 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

1-4 aren't bugs.

5 Cora I use alot, she has a tendency to appear right on top of Kett as they jump down from ledges etc.. looks quite comical.  But that's only a minor glitch.  Nothing to worry about.

Noticed there were alot of improvements in the game, nice to see.  Little bits here and there.  I just started a new run from the start, maybe I noticed more that way, alot of previous actual bugs are fixed.  Like the Angs in the forcefields now show up during the mission, instead of just the forcefields.

I've also put my graphics upto Ultra settings.  Seems to either have fixed alot of issues or else they've patched the game so it works better.  Still getting alot of blue bleeding on ice after 10+ hours of play.  And some almot ultraviolet bleedthrough as well, but expect that'll be fixed in time, saving and restarting only takes moments.  So not a big deal.

One convo possible bug I did notice, when Draak and Jaal are joking about taking sam apart in the Nomad, they say they don't want to 'kill him'.  It's difficult to tell if they're referring to Ryder or Sam.. as an AI isn't exactly a Him or Her.  And with the female Ryder, it still says him.

My omni blade Dev level is same as my max level.  It's automatically upgraded as you level up. ie every 10 levels after 20.

Message 6 of 31 (744 Views)

★★★ Guide

@VladVonCastein wrote:

3)  I cant seem to find the double mod extension aug.  I have the normal mod extension but not the double.  Am currently in Elaadin, done with eos, kedara, voeld and havarl.  Done the asari ark but not the salarian one.  A little surprised that at this stage a double mod extension aug havent dropped. Maybe it's the lucky of the draw, maybe they took it out?

Well i always had to buy it from merchants. Had a quite few dropped in my previous PT but none in this one. Now i have 3, all of them from the vendors.

Message 7 of 31 (752 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Dunno where my previous reply went..

1-4 I don't get in my games. 

I do get email reminders, but only when there's unread email.

I also get Avp reminders, but again, only when there's unused points.  Not gone beyond 24 pts yet. 

5 I get alot with Cora.  Quite comical.

4 I have game running off SSD and running at Ultra, it takes maybe 3-5 seconds to load shaders.  I use Asus RX470 8gb version. /w latest drivers.

I have repaired my game lately, couple of days ago.  Maybe improved perf.. totally ruined my original save tho.. don't repair the game.. just deal with bugs lol.  Reset all my convos.. so I had no idea who I'd spoken to or not.

Message 8 of 31 (746 Views)

★★★ Pro

@RoastPotato26 wrote:

@VladVonCastein wrote:

Well i always had to buy it from merchants. Had a quite few dropped in my previous PT but none in this one. Now i have 3, all of them from the vendors.

LOL  guess I need to go shopping now.

Message 9 of 31 (738 Views)

★★★ Pro

There's only one problem i've been complaining about that may make me decide enough is enough with this game.. and that is the loss of sound in multiplayer.  Its been a fault for too long now and not happening to a small amount of users either.

1.05 - some people said it got mentioned at this point.  (known issue maybe by then)

1.06 never cured it.  Not a single mention of any audio related fixes

1.07 hotfix nothing in this hotfix for sound either.

While i've seen a number of issues, its the ones in multiplayer which grate me the most.  I've had Turian Agent many times now not replenish his full health bar at the end of each wave..  it displays around 3/4 of a health bar but full shields.   

Crash to desktop still happens in multiplayer too.

The shaders thing is really annoying also.. sometimes that is fast for me and at times it slows right down.  cache is enabled in my driver too.

Message 10 of 31 (714 Views)