Any good ways to get Cryo/Incendiary Ammo (MP)?

by Skauron

Original Post

Any good ways to get Cryo/Incendiary Ammo (MP)?

★★★ Pro

Is there a sure fire way of getting more Incendiary, Cryo and with a lesser need.. cryo ammo in good quantities in multiplayer does anyone know?

Even Cryo Ammo I or Incendiary Ammo I is good for me even on gold as more often tha not i only use it for a primer anyway and usually detonate with my charge or lance anyway.

I know i'm getting them from packs, but the trickle feed that is subjecting me to is painful to say the least.   Is there a good method anyone is using to increase these ammo packs that they've found effective?

I'm running nothing but gold missions right now, and i do find these ammo types of best use, but i've depleted my stocks of them now and without the ammo, it does severely gimp my playstyle which favours detonations even as a duelist Standard smile

HIT MOER WITH SWORD !!! sure Standard smile.. i'm doing fine with melee but we've all been in those games where you get swamped and even with my best twitch reflexes there are times when you need that extras bit of oomph in your gun for burn downs.

Message 1 of 5 (997 Views)

Re: Any good ways to get Cryo/Incendiary Ammo (MP)?

★★ Guide

I wish we could buy them in the item store for 5-20 mission funds depending on quality. I also need them for my huntress to increase her normally low damage output in platinum w/o a primer for throw.

Message 2 of 5 (984 Views)

★★★ Pro

yeah pretty much why i'm chasing them.   I really don't want to have to play another class other than the one i like (duelist) in golds.  I play that class quite well, but to really make it viable then either incendiary or cryo ammo is very useful.  

I would love an ammo crate of random ammunition types.. or even the option to buy the exact type i want, but i'd be happy even for random.  There comes a point where you've just got way too much of everything else and its these ammo types that are the only thing you are waiting for.

Message 3 of 5 (963 Views)

★ Guide

I have many hundreds of RPGs, ammo reloads, etc, which I will never use up, all because I buy jumbo packs just to get some ammo modifiers.  ...annoying for sure.  Two golds completed so do I spend the 100k funds with a chance to level up something I care about?  Or do I want to buy 10 jumbo packs to get a few ammo modifiers.  ...feels bad man

But I expect Bioware knows and is doing this as a sink to suck up your valuable funds and slow down your ability to level your weapons and characters, which theoretically will give you incentive to keep playing longer.  I'm not so sure.  To me it's an incentive to avoid the characters that are the most fun.

Message 4 of 5 (957 Views)

★★★ Pro

Well considering the 1300+ card grind we've got, they should probably think about helping us to enjoy that grind, not hamper it at every junction.

I doubt they sink the same hours many of us do into this game, so they've no idea the of the nature of the grind they've set before us, and i don't think for a second that giving us a better supply of boosters especially for ammo will harm one bit.

Playing without ammo boosters in the way i play makes the combat feel very dull at least if i can prime up with my weapon i stand some chance of surviving.

Play better?  ha.. if you could see how i play you'd know that i play a very quick twitch reaction game, and there is only so much you can do in some firefights, so having the elemental ammo really helps, but it does not make it too easy, you still have to really fight your way out.

Message 5 of 5 (951 Views)