Alec Ryder (spoilers)

by jpcerutti1

Original Post

Re: Alec Ryder (spoilers)

★★★ Apprentice

There was plenty of time for daddy Ryder to suck a few deep ones before handing the helmet over for the first breathing session.

Hell, I could at one stage (ok granted i was training for free-diving) hold my breath for 4 minutes so really need like 30 seconds each...

He was just a suicidal old man when he realised how completely buggered they all were :D

Message 21 of 60 (552 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@jpcerutti1 wrote:

If you breathe *only* inert gas. You breathe inert gas all the time. Breathing water will knock you out quickly too. I lost the mask on my suit, not my oxygen supply. It's blowing whatever is left of my supply out the hole. If I were underwater, there would be lots of bubbles.

Er, Habitat-7 has a nitrogen-argon atmosphere, basically no oxygen. That's sorta the point.

Message 22 of 60 (548 Views)

★★★ Pro

@arthurh3535 wrote:

@jpcerutti1 wrote:

If you breathe *only* inert gas. You breathe inert gas all the time. Breathing water will knock you out quickly too. I lost the mask on my suit, not my oxygen supply. It's blowing whatever is left of my supply out the hole. If I were underwater, there would be lots of bubbles.

Er, Habitat-7 has a nitrogen-argon atmosphere, basically no oxygen. That's sorta the point.

But are you intentionally missing mine? I have my own oxygen supply and have been using it all mission. I would continue to use it with (or without) a hole in my suit.

Message 23 of 60 (547 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

So you believe that Alec should have let player Ryder die then. That would have been a short game.

Message 24 of 60 (545 Views)

★★★ Pro

@arthurh3535 wrote:

So you believe that Alec should have let player Ryder die then. That would have been a short game.

Look. If that's what you think I'm saying, maybe we both need to slow down with the typing and you might want to read through it again. I'll leave this thread be.

Message 25 of 60 (537 Views)

★★ Pro

@jpcerutti1 wrote:

@arthurh3535 wrote:

@jpcerutti1 wrote:

But are you intentionally missing mine? I have my own oxygen supply and have been using it all mission. I would continue to use it with (or without) a hole in my suit.

Unless the knock to the face and the fall threw them out long enough to take some unintended deep breaths of the gas air, then it had its own effect and they weren't with it enough to think about using their hands.

Lots of ifs ! 

Its prolly pretty difficult for any of us to really draw a clear conclusion without more info as it all happened quickly.

Also, those suits are designed to keep a certain amount of pressure within their environment right? So what if in an attempt to reestablish that pressure - the oyxgen drains real fast? Im not really a scientist, or even overly scientific minded but if the suit starts kicking out that oyxgen real quick to reestablish pressure its gunna drain fast. In which case Daddy Ryders oyxgen could have drained fast, left him breathing just gas after he held his breath as long as he could.

I think in a way. We are all right? It could have happened in different directions but it went as it did. Just as some situations IRL that we run over in our heads later.

I mean, its just story writing. Could have gone this way or that way but writers had a specific outcome in mind so it went down the way they wrote it.

We have hours to analyze it all. Alec had a couple of mins.

Message 26 of 60 (522 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Hm, even after reading some messages ... Alec remains dead in my gameplay. Then the toothless one comes and asks, "How can you be sure?". Then I say: If the pops back alive and all that, then I'll consider him alive. If not, he's dead. Festering. 

Message 27 of 60 (519 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Nykara360 wrote:

@jpcerutti1 wrote:

@arthurh3535 wrote:

@jpcerutti1 wrote:

Unless the knock to the face and the fall threw them out long enough to take some unintended deep breaths of the gas air, then it had its own effect and they weren't with it enough to think about using their hands.

Lots of ifs ! 

[snip]

Um, you see Ryder laying on the ground gasping for air as her father walks up. It's in the scene itself.

Alec had *moments* to make that decision. They both 'died' before the shuttle "in only four minutes" arrived and the doctor started resuscitating the PC.

Message 28 of 60 (513 Views)

★★ Pro

@arthurh3535 wrote:

@Nykara360 wrote:

@jpcerutti1 wrote:

@arthurh3535 wrote:

@jpcerutti1 wrote:

Lots of ifs ! 

[snip]

Um, you see Ryder laying on the ground gasping for air as her father walks up. It's in the scene itself.

Alec had *moments* to make that decision. They both 'died' before the shuttle "in only four minutes" arrived and the doctor started resuscitating the PC.

Sara / Scotts issue at that point was the SAM connection. It was also never established if Dad was dead when the shuttle arrived, or if he died later. It was also never established if he died due to suffocating or because he transferred SAM. We do know the Ryders SAM connection is complicated.

Message 29 of 60 (505 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Nykara360 wrote:

Sara / Scotts issue at that point was the SAM connection. It was also never established if Dad was dead when the shuttle arrived, or if he died later. It was also never established if he died due to suffocating or because he transferred SAM. We do know the Ryders SAM connection is complicated.

After Ryder was clinically dead and Sam integrated itself into the PC to save them from being permanently dead. Doesn't Liam mention you were clinically dead for four minutes?

Ryder suffocated (and Alec died) due to the air. SAM being that connected was due to actions taken to save the PC's life.

Message 30 of 60 (500 Views)