Re: APEX Mastery - Silver (Points Earned)

by Skauron

Original Post

Accepted Solution

APEX Mastery - Silver (Points Earned)

★★★★ Apprentice

How are these points calculated, it seems to unbelievably slow?

Message 1 of 12 (1,633 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Pro

Well we know it is not Apex points as that is much much lower and it is definitely NOT XP which makes up the bonus stats summary, but there is two other possible areas i think 'points' can be...

1.  You're finishing score from the results page of a match.

2.  The sum of the value of all the medals that you earn in a match. (Bronze, Silver and Gold have a stepping value as you achieve them.)

It could be one of the above, or even a mix of both.. but i'm more inclined to feel that points is not XP as you had thought but more these lower values that you can see on result screens.  If i was to guess i would say its your score.

What WOULD be a good idea i suppose for you would be to make a note of what your 'points' is before a game, and then take a screenshot of the score summary page where the medals are shown after a game and see if you can pinpoint which one it is that represents points.

I would do this for you, but i've already got Apex Mastery - Gold so i've no way of checking this now.   There is so little information out there on the web about these challenges and its a shame half the time it takes almost pure guess work to work it all out.

View in thread

Message 4 of 12 (1,825 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Pro

Presumably you've clicked on your Apex Mastery -Silver to see the 3 categories listed?

Waves Completed 

Medals Earned

Points Earned

Message 2 of 12 (1,619 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Right but the Points Earned shows around 8 million for me out of the 25 million needed, but looking at all of the xp in my bonus stats I have earned way more than 25 million. So what counts for the points for this challenge?

Message 3 of 12 (1,609 Views)

★★★ Pro

Well we know it is not Apex points as that is much much lower and it is definitely NOT XP which makes up the bonus stats summary, but there is two other possible areas i think 'points' can be...

1.  You're finishing score from the results page of a match.

2.  The sum of the value of all the medals that you earn in a match. (Bronze, Silver and Gold have a stepping value as you achieve them.)

It could be one of the above, or even a mix of both.. but i'm more inclined to feel that points is not XP as you had thought but more these lower values that you can see on result screens.  If i was to guess i would say its your score.

What WOULD be a good idea i suppose for you would be to make a note of what your 'points' is before a game, and then take a screenshot of the score summary page where the medals are shown after a game and see if you can pinpoint which one it is that represents points.

I would do this for you, but i've already got Apex Mastery - Gold so i've no way of checking this now.   There is so little information out there on the web about these challenges and its a shame half the time it takes almost pure guess work to work it all out.

Message 4 of 12 (1,826 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for the suggestions. The amount of information has so changed from what we had in ME3. Pretty much everything was broken down by the community it was easy to find details. I guess this is just another sign of the dissatisfaction with Andromeda. It saddens me so much that I want to love this game but there are so many barriers that Bioware has put up the community suffers.

Message 5 of 12 (1,582 Views)

★★★ Pro

I am very glad i'm not the only one who has noticed these barriers.

Don't get me wrong i'm every so glad when an EA person replies on threads on here.. but i just feel that largely we've been pretty much left to it support wise.. yes we gamers who help as much as we can do not hold all the answers, and i do my very best to research something when someone (like yourself) asks a question.  I don't always know the answer either, and its those times when i would love proper 'salary paid' community reps from EA/Bioware to provide extra technical help and also to assist with feedback to the devs and then reported back on later if they find out anything.

It just feels so.. isolated without the level of support i've experienced from other game publishers.. its made me think severely about buying new products if the support will just be like...  this.

Message 6 of 12 (1,574 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

When I saw that Bioware was closing its forums I was really taken aback. The old forum and the N7 HQ, while it had some toxic elements, was a place I went every day to get info on the game and to give my input on the WEEKLY changes. Yes there is twitter to give input just is not the same.

The continually fracturing of the internet community is also a problem. Twitter, Reddit, EA Help, the new Bioware Social Fan Forum all splits the community up to the point that people feel that the community is so small it is not worth it.

Message 7 of 12 (1,569 Views)

★★★ Pro

I have to admit that after Mass Effect 3, I tried games like Dragon Age, but it just didn't keep my interest. and SW Battlefront turned out to be a game i ended up loathing due to the fact that just about everyone except me had supercharged weapons and i felt a bit like cannon fodder.   However, during those games and certainly before Mass Effect: Andromeda, i hadn't really checked out the forums, and it wasn't until i played THIS game that i really started to post.  I quickly discovered that this forum is by and large answered by gamers only and at times by ea reps. although I did see someone say they don't visit here... ok thats fine too... but it all feels so buffered.. firewalled.. and completely closed off as communities go.. and while there a  lot of really nice people visit this forum and trolling is the most minimum i've seen for a forum in a very long time.. i do feel that there is a heart missing from it all.. in that you feel like anything you write.. likely will never see the light of day in a game because at no point does EA/Bioware actually confirm with anything like "hey, we are watching.. and we are on it!".

I know ME:A did not quite hit the mark they were expecting  upon release, but there is a huge loyal fanfase out there that is feeling that things have got a bit disjointed in that we keep getting things we didn't want nor ask for, and the things we need fixing.. being ignored altogether.   Add onto the pain of it all, that we have seen all the signs of the shift to Anthem and we can't help but wonder if Anthems lure for the devs will have also taken away  the very people from ME:A that could have given the loyal fans what they wanted to make this title more solid and complete.

I've mentioned in other posts about the 1.09 loot, as have many and won't just keep repeating in, but that is a perfect example of how to completely misread the gamers, and give them 7 levels of pure HELL to contend with as they watch their dream of getting certain upgrades destroyed by the utter dilution of the loot cards with simply far far too many cards to need to get again.  They could have done this gradually, but as it was done all in one fell/foul swoop it completely inundated the really loyal gamers who play a lot, and made them feel that it had all become.. rather tiresome.. and pointless.. and that was on top of the hackers ruining the fun in their wake too.

I really hope EA and Bioware have a long serious think about how to run and nurture a community because as you've quite rightly pointed out, it has become so fragmented that undercurrents have started, and a good community liaison system would help stem that completely i would think.

Message 8 of 12 (1,564 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

We are so on the same page, your words perfectly state what is going on in my head.

Dragon Age is a game that should be perfect for me as I am a big high fantasy table top gamer but for some reason I never last more than the second area I open up. Again I love Star Wars but Battlefront being so PVP heavy it just was not for me. Destiny has been my home for the last 3 years and I love that game. Sure it has faults and bouts of long dry spells for content have been tough but the game play is worth it.

I so wanted to "come home" to MEA but my ME3 friends are not playing so that community is gone, the forums are gone so I am left wandering around by myself. Destiny 2 only a month and a half away so I will probably go back and leave MEA behind, something I never thought would happen.

BTW- I think the points are the ones you personally earn in each match from what I saw last night.

Message 9 of 12 (1,554 Views)

★★★ Pro

I know what you mean when you find your mates don't play, I was the only one of my usual circle of online friends who has for a long time been fiercely loyal to mass effect, but I'm not dissing the game ME:A in any way.. actually i do find the multiplayer a lot of fun post-single player. 

I really wanted them to bring back 'Tabula Rasa' as MMO's go, but sadly thats just a dim and distant dream for me.. i wish they would do base attacks like tabula rasa had in multiplayer on here.. that would rock immensely.

I also enjoyed Firefall for a while.. not played that since it dived a bit though.. don't even know if its still going.. but that was fun too.

Message 10 of 12 (1,551 Views)