Re: AHQ Madden NFL 18 Launch Event - Week 4 tips & tricks for Franchise?

by aamobley

Original Post

Accepted Solution

AHQ Madden NFL 18 Launch Event - Week 4 tips & tricks for Franchise?

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Ready. Set. Hike!

We want your best tips and tricks for Franchise and Connected Franchise this week. If your tip gets picked as one of our top five, you’ll be rewarded with some MUT packs.

Want to know more? Click here for details.

So post in this thread and let us know: What's your best tip or trick for Franchise and Connected Franchise?

Must be 18+ to participate.

Message 1 of 10 (2,945 Views)

Accepted Solution

Thanks to all the participants. It was a tough fight, but we have our winners! Congratulations to everyone! We'll be dropping the packs on your account today. If we're unable to find Madden 18 on your account, I'll reach out to you directly.

Be sure to also check out our winners for the month!

Top Tipster - 21 packs

• dxdanime81
    "Some good tips to start franchise mode is that you should trade away some old veterans for draft picks and make sure to scout positions you need for the draft and use all of your scouting points each week."

Runners-Up - 7 packs each

• Firewolf090
    "My personal favorite is taking a team that has been struggling, creating a custom player (Usually with my name) putting them in the lineup and relocating the team for a fresh start."
  • Chubc5 
    "First looking at what top assets we can either trade for picks or rookies. This year i took over the saints in our 30 man connected franchise and immediately shipped brees and 2 1st round picks to Texans for Watson. These are the long term moves you should be looking at making as this frees up immediate cap space to plug other holes."
  • MPxDeMiSe
    "To me the draft is the most important part of building your team. Scouting is a huge part of that. For each draft, I look to see what my teams top two needs are on each side of the ball. If that means on I need an Tackle and a Wide Receiver, than at a minimum you should be scouting each “draftable” player at that position. If I need a CB and a MLB on defensive, scout each “draftable” player at those positions. Do not waste scouting points on position you do not play on drafting."
  • aamobley
    "What i do is create a player and coach to take in to the new season. I create a qb and max out his ratings so he is an overall 99. I usually pick a team that has a 90 or higher qb like Tom Brady and the pats, or Rodgers and the Packers. I trade them to another team that needs a QB and get a first rounder for them. This allows me to have 2 first round picks for the next season."

Weekly Drawing Winner - 3 packs

• scallejo23
    "When playing franchise do not underestimate the power of backups. Also don’t trying to do unnecessary things for stats that’s usually when your players get hurt."

Congratulations again everyone!

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (2,995 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

There are a number of fun things to do in Franchise mode. You can use custom rosters for your franchise modes. Want to make a team of all Tom Bradys in every position to play as (Or crush).

How about a roster full of legend players like Lawrence Taylor, Bo Jackson, and Tim Tebow? Take control of the team you hate the most so you can max out their prices so their fan base crumbles? You an pretty much make any type of team you would like. Fantasy drafts are also very fun!

My personal favorite is taking a team that has been struggling, creating a custom player (Usually with my name) putting them in the lineup and relocating the team for a fresh start.

With all these possibilities it is nearly impossible to get bored in franchise mode

Message 2 of 10 (2,890 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
Every year in connected franchise mode the goal is to take a team from zeros to heros by bringing in youth for current assets. First looking at what top assets we can either trade for picks or rookies. This year i took over the saints in our 30 man connected franchise and immediately shipped brees and 2 1st round picks to Texans for Watson.

These are the long term moves you should be looking at making as this frees up immediate cap space to plug other holes.

The fun thing about franchise is there are no limits. Either youre in a Rebuild mode or you run with your dynasty the choices are limitless.

Take the gamble and trade your high rated 33+ yr olds for some juicy assets, change the team and relocate!
Message 3 of 10 (2,840 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Some good tips to start franchise mode is that you should trade away some old veterans for draft picks and make sure to scout positions you need for the draft and use all of your scouting points each week. Also wait on offering players over 33 or so a contract because they may retire after the seasons ends. Take advantage of free agency and the practice squad.
Message 4 of 10 (2,835 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Every year i look foward to franchise career mode in madden. What i do is create a player and coach to take in to the new season. I create a qb and max out his ratings so he is an overall 99. I usually pick a team that has a 90 or higher qb like Tom Brady and the pats, or Rodgers and the Packers. I trade them to another team that needs a QB and get a first rounder for them. This allows me to have 2 first round picks for the next season. Great way to pick up talent to boost your team. Also great seeing your custom player destroy competition and become rookie of the year earning xp quick.
Message 5 of 10 (2,812 Views)

★★ Novice
When playing franchise do not underestimate the power of backups. Also don’t trying to do unnecessary things for stats that’s usually when your players get hurt.
Message 6 of 10 (2,767 Views)

★★ Novice

scout, trade and stockpile future draft picks. with so many draft "busts" its hard to find good players. the more picks you have the better chance you have at hitting on a pick. do your due diligence and scout players accordingly. before long you will have a team of studs that you arent spending all your salary cap on.

Message 7 of 10 (2,756 Views)

★ Novice

Taking over a franchise in Madden and building them into a contender is no easy task depending on the team.  Some teams from a personnel standpoint (Falcons, Pats, Steelers) are ahead of a lot of teams. But if you really want a challenge, try taking a team like the Jets (my current team in a 32-man/woman league) and building them into a contender.

There are a few things you need to do before even playing your first game:

1. Before anything, a full review of your roster is needed. Find out what parts of your team are a strength. For example, the Jets have a ton of holes offensively, but defensively they have a pretty solid core.
  2. Based on your roster review, determine what offensive and defensive playbooks would suit your team the best. If defensively your linebacker core is week, it may be beneficial to run a 4-3 defense since you only need 3 serviceable linebackers. Offensively, if you do not have a solid QB, but a decent RB, you may want a playbook that allows for quick passes (West Coast Style) and also provides a variety of running plays. Note: It is important, especially offensively that you stick to a game plan. Whether it is a run the ball and win the time of possession battle, or spreading out the defense and hoping to find holes in the coverage.
  3. Weekly Training – ALWAYS DO YOUR TRAINING PEOPLE! This is important, players aren’t always going to be able to generate XP from in game performance (I personally will redo a training until I achieve a gold medal). Do your training helps a ton. Also, it is important to identify which of your young players you are going to choose for development.
  4. Resigning players is not a requirement. If you have a team that is not loaded with talent, do not waste money resigning older vets that are not going to be the future of your team. Managing your salary cap is an important aspect. Always look to see what each of your star players contract situation is. A player may not be up for resigning in year 1, but year 2 they may be, and you don’t want to deplete your cash on resigning players past their prime.
  5. Off Season free agency is important in Madden when it comes to team building, but the same rules from resigning old vets apply here. Don’t throw the bank at a player just because he is good. First make sure the player is an actual need for your team, and second make sure that giving a player a big payday in free agency won’t hurt you when it comes to resigning some of your good players on the roster.
  6. To me the draft is the most important part of building your team. Scouting is a huge part of that. For each draft, I look to see what my teams top two needs are on each side of the ball. If that means on I need an Tackle and a Wide Receiver, than at a minimum you should be scouting each “draftable” player at that position. If I need a CB and a MLB on defensive, scout each “draftable” player at those positions. Do not waste scouting points on position you do not play on drafting.
  7. One last scouting note, at least for the first 2 rounds, if the first trait is not a B+ or better, do not worry about scouting that player until later in the season if when you have left over scout points. Remember each position has skills you are looking for (QB = Throw Power, Short, Medium, and Deep accuracy).
  8. Lastly, practice is your friend. Take your team into practice mode. Run your defensive and offensive plays, see how your players react. See what throws your QB can and cannot make. See how well your RB hits the whole, see if your WR can beat press coverage. Learn how your team plays before you put them on the field.
Message 8 of 10 (2,746 Views)

★★★ Novice

Make sure if you plan to play solo there are a two important things to consider. Playing online will be faster for simming purposes. BUT, if you are having internet issues and can't connect to EA servers or your internet goes down you wont be able to access your franchise mode.

Message 9 of 10 (2,656 Views)

Thanks to all the participants. It was a tough fight, but we have our winners! Congratulations to everyone! We'll be dropping the packs on your account today. If we're unable to find Madden 18 on your account, I'll reach out to you directly.

Be sure to also check out our winners for the month!

Top Tipster - 21 packs

• dxdanime81
    "Some good tips to start franchise mode is that you should trade away some old veterans for draft picks and make sure to scout positions you need for the draft and use all of your scouting points each week."

Runners-Up - 7 packs each

• Firewolf090
    "My personal favorite is taking a team that has been struggling, creating a custom player (Usually with my name) putting them in the lineup and relocating the team for a fresh start."
  • Chubc5 
    "First looking at what top assets we can either trade for picks or rookies. This year i took over the saints in our 30 man connected franchise and immediately shipped brees and 2 1st round picks to Texans for Watson. These are the long term moves you should be looking at making as this frees up immediate cap space to plug other holes."
  • MPxDeMiSe
    "To me the draft is the most important part of building your team. Scouting is a huge part of that. For each draft, I look to see what my teams top two needs are on each side of the ball. If that means on I need an Tackle and a Wide Receiver, than at a minimum you should be scouting each “draftable” player at that position. If I need a CB and a MLB on defensive, scout each “draftable” player at those positions. Do not waste scouting points on position you do not play on drafting."
  • aamobley
    "What i do is create a player and coach to take in to the new season. I create a qb and max out his ratings so he is an overall 99. I usually pick a team that has a 90 or higher qb like Tom Brady and the pats, or Rodgers and the Packers. I trade them to another team that needs a QB and get a first rounder for them. This allows me to have 2 first round picks for the next season."

Weekly Drawing Winner - 3 packs

• scallejo23
    "When playing franchise do not underestimate the power of backups. Also don’t trying to do unnecessary things for stats that’s usually when your players get hurt."

Congratulations again everyone!

Message 10 of 10 (2,996 Views)