AHQ Madden NFL 18 Launch Event - Week 3 tips and tricks for MUT Squads

by EA_Eric

Original Post

Re: AHQ Madden NFL 18 Launch Event - Week 3 tips and tricks for MUT Squads

★★★ Newbie
My best tip for MUT Squads is simple/ovbious...You definitely play with friends or people you can communicate because that is huge when it comes to routes, audibles, and defensive coverage so you're not running into each other or confusing one another all over the field. Also if you go into a MUT Squads game Solo it's 100% best you pick play as any role and try to communicate with your team in some way...we all know no one likes to just be the head coach but if it's what it takes to get a W isn't that what it's all about? Lastly I've played around 50 games so far and the main difference in winning or losing in my opinion is 100% TURNOVERS! So keep the turnovers to a minimal and you'll most likely have a good chance of being in the lead or a great position to win the game in the end! Thank you and good luck!
Message 41 of 58 (500 Views)

★★★ Novice

Grind Solos and practice, practice, practice. Even with a lower than average team if you put your people in the right position you can be competitive! Just have to work for it!

Message 42 of 58 (535 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Key Tip for MUT Squads: Communication is Key- especially for the Qb. Make sure as the Qb you have and the Wide receivers are clear on what the routes are being ran and how to Adjust.
Message 43 of 58 (533 Views)

★★ Novice
I recommend using a deep passing play in which you have two receivers on both sides going straight and long as a regular play especially if you have a high rated quart back and a high rated wide receiver. Great play for long yards and to offset the defense
Message 44 of 58 (531 Views)

★★★ Newbie
1. Play it with friends. You always gotta have some chemistry to be able to communicate and run your gameplan effectively.
2. Make sure you have a way to communicate with your team, whether it's through game chat, a party chat, or a phone call with your friends.
3. Make sure the roles your squad is put at is what they are best at in Madden. If you have a guy with a really good offense and a good scheme, don't put him at the defensive coordinator.
4. Last, just have fun. Whether you're winning or losing just try your best to enjoy it. MUT squads is personally my favorite mode in the game to play because it is very fun and entertaining, whether we are kicking a game winner as time expires or getting mollywopped off the console I never get bored of it.
Message 45 of 58 (527 Views)

★★★ Newbie

1: Play with friends and communicate everything (coverage, passing icon when open, specify defensive drops)

2: Use the ability to run any routes as a user WR; exposing cover 2 up the middle, cover 3 up sides or flats, and sit in windows in cover 4.

3: As a WR, use A and X (xbox)  to do different releases off the line to beat the corner early. Use RB and the Right Stick to make specific cuts during the route, sprint after the cut.

4: On defense, run 4-3 cover 4 for pass and respond to under routes if you need. Also, have one person user a Defensive Lineman to get sacks and have the others user LBs or DBs.

5: Play together, try to catch blocks for your players, and have fun. With great MUT Rewards, MUT Squads is a great way to upgrade your UT having fun, taking away the grind!

Message 46 of 58 (521 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I think the best thing to do is always to play with friends, this makes it more fun and easier to communicate. Now to help win games, i think the best thing to do on offense is run the ball while the other two are controlling the blockers especially in power and counters run plays. And for defense i think its important to have balance by having someone user the defensive lineman to generate pressure and the other two user the middle. Those are my tips and tricks!
Message 47 of 58 (518 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I find that a lot of people like to play zone defenses so the best way to attack is by running the comp controlled receivers on streaks to widen the zone and then have your other squad mates begin to fill this open spots. This works great because your squad members can run wherever you need them to. Moreover, when scrambling it's much easier to have your squad change their routes to accomoadate you. On Defense learn how to play man coverage one on one and then have one squad member work on doing different blitzes and D line technique. This stuff has really helped me out a lot and I hope it helps you guys too!
Message 48 of 58 (513 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
MUT Squads is one of the best ways to play madden. But it only works when you have teamwork to get you through the game.
On offense, it is best for the team that for the offensive captain to choose a play and before calling hike, everyone knows what each other is doing. It is also very important to have an open mind if a teammate sees a hole in the defense and adjusts his position or requests an audible. If someone usering the receiver goes a route different from the assigned one without the QB knowing, it will most likely result in a turnover.
On defense, it is also best for the team to decide on a zone, man or blitz all together and for one or two people to be on the D-Line and for someone to man the LB or Safety. If someone users the corner and decides to blitz rather than cover their man, and the team doesn't know, this also has negative results.

Overall, for your MUT squad to succeed, the MOST important thing is teamwork
Message 49 of 58 (498 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I think the best tip is to definitely play with friends and talk to them during the game. Also, it is important to tell the quarterback what route you are running. For example when I play receiver and I see a cover two I tell the quarterback I'm running a post and almost everytime it's a touchdown.
Message 50 of 58 (498 Views)