AHQ Madden NFL 18 Launch Event - Week 3 tips and tricks for MUT Squads

by EA_Eric

Original Post

Re: AHQ Madden NFL 18 Launch Event - Week 3 tips and tricks for MUT Squads

★★★ Newbie
It's really important to be patient on offense, as there are typically three user defenders. I suggest trying to find run plays that can get decent yard gains, and when you need to pass, be patient and throw to the checkdown instead of forcing it.
Message 31 of 58 (388 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Best tip I have is to make sure your wrs are running the correct route. As the OC nothing is worse then going to throw open a post route and have your user bend it back to a corner route. Instant pick for the safety. I thought I was just a bad qb until I realized what was happening. If you are playing wr, either run the intended route or communicate what you are going to run.
Message 32 of 58 (418 Views)

★★★ Newbie
When you are thinking about playing MUT squads, try to get friends or risk playing with people without a mic. The most important part in winning is communication, u need to be able to talk with teammates to discuss plays and talk about how to plan your offense and defense, if u don't have a good team, be the head coach, which allows u to accept or decline penalties. But MUT squads over all is a very fun game mode to play with friends
Message 33 of 58 (417 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

PERSEVERE! What I mean by this is too many players, especially in random matchups, want to quit after giving the first touchdown or throwing a pick six to start the game, or whatever. You won't lose every game that starts out bad. A lack of perseverance and determination are two things the Madden community is known for. Too often players leave games early because they feel they simply did not start off, and they believe they'll lose because of it.

That's hardly ever the case, and as a H2H Seasons Super Bowl Champion, I can personally say two of my playoff games I started down 14-0 after opening kickoffs returned for touchdowns, followed by two pick sixes. There's no reason to end a game early. Perseverance is key! 

-Tyler W (Gamertag: JM1016)

Message 34 of 58 (410 Views)

★ Novice

First you need to play with friends or with people that have a mic.

Communication is key in this game!

Offence you need to ensure that you all know your playbook.When the QB takes the snap quick you need to know your route.

Defence needs to be cover 3.With 3 players having the ability for all 3 to roam the middle is a must to ensure your opponent has to beat you and not the CPU

And most importantly its to have fun.We all want to win but as long as you are playing with friends and having fun you are doing mut squads right 

Message 35 of 58 (405 Views)

★★★ Newbie
In MUT Squads it is important to user linebackers and defensive linemen; however, it is crucial to allow the computer to make jump ball plays and open field tackles. A lot of times when trying to user jump balls Madden won't give you an animation to play the jump ball. Also it is extremely easy to miss open field tackles. Whether it was a stick move that juked you or just a missed tackle, it is critical to let the computer take care of it.
Message 36 of 58 (400 Views)

★★ Novice
COMMUNICATION is the key wether you play with all friends or meeting new friends while online. This weekend I was undefeated with a few people I teamed up with Friday night the biggest thing we did was talk about what we were doing the entire time. Not only did we win a string of like 15-16 games I learned how to use my roster and player packs to my advantage. It's all about fun!
Message 37 of 58 (398 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Communication is always key. If you communicate with your team and hep each other out everything will work. Create a system for the running back. If someone is hot feed them the rock.
Message 38 of 58 (392 Views)

★ Novice

Offense:

Know your playbook, run your routes, do your job. If you aren't going to do the route or need to do a double move then say so.

Communication. If you're open shout the button, and not open or ball.

Establish a run game to open up a pass game. Running is easy this year, and I have rushed for 200 yards with a tight end. Establish it, and watch the defense collapse.

Watch crossing patterns, and don't get tangled.

If you are on a blocker, make sure you hit your assignment. Blown blocks are terrible when running.

Take time to read the defense, and communicate pre-snap. Don't quick snap every time at the line.

Defense:

1) Stick to what you are good at. If someone on your team isn't a strong user then suggest they play d line. If you have all solid users then by all means lock it down. It is all about playing to your strengths.

2.) Buy personnel to fit your team needs. Don't just buy based on rating, but really dig into stats, and find the stats that you need. Price doesn't always equal best performance for your particular needs.

3.) To quote the rock. "Know your role." Do your job, and do it well. Sure covering for a teammate, and making a big play is nice, but make sure your job is taken care of. I hate when someone blows their assignment, and gives up a big play trying to be a hero.

4.) Lab with your team, experiment to what works best for each person. Let them in on what you expect with the playbook, and their performance.

5.) We all can't be Allen Iverson....we need practice. 

Message 39 of 58 (391 Views)

★ Novice
1. Communication: Hands down the most important things when it comes to Squad play. Whether its to audible the play and let them know, or on defense to alert the saftey of a blown assignment. Also, if you see a gap in the defense, being on the mic allows you to say to your WR to "run between the safeties" or "Go underneath the CB2 in the flats". Even though the designed route might not be those plays, if you communicate, you should pick up some yards.

2. Users: In my opinion, having someone user a saftey, a LB, and a Dlineman is the best. You get added pressure on the QB, which might lead to a hurried throw right into the hands of the LB or Safety user.

3. Frustration: If someone on your team does something questionable, dont yell at them. Just ask why and chances are they have a reasonable explanation on what happened. When you start to turn on your teammates, things never go well.

If anyone has any quetions on schemes on defense or offense, please feel free to message me on playstation, my psn is MiniNinja3245. Id be more than happy to help a fellow squad player out.
Message 40 of 58 (383 Views)