AHQ Madden NFL 18 Launch Event - Week 3 tips and tricks for MUT Squads

by EA_Eric

Original Post

Re: AHQ Madden NFL 18 Launch Event - Week 3 tips and tricks for MUT Squads

★★★ Newbie

If you´re starting to play Mut Squads you need to start as a coach, so you can understand how to play.
Try to make new friends to play with, you need to have 2 or 3 squads so at least 1 can be available when you are.

Message 11 of 58 (797 Views)

★ Apprentice

If you are the Offensive Captain, make sure you have some ballin' CBs (or safety's) as your Kick Returners so your Defensive Captain can sub them in on defense!

Message 12 of 58 (480 Views)

★★ Novice
My tips are to play with friends first of all. It's great to have communication with your teammates so you know what to do. Also, build around each coaching position. For example, I'm always the D Coord, so I put most of my coins into my defense. Last of all, learn how to run routes as a wide receiver, this will help out your OC immensely as you will get open more.
Message 13 of 58 (468 Views)

★★ Novice

Communication!Communication!Communication! Your friends or randoms have to know what you expect to do or where you expect players to be. Call out coverages you see or if you have man to man against your controlled player. Do to this its always better to have mics while playing so that you can communicate as best as possible. ANother item that can be very important to squads is dont feel like you have to pass or run it with one of your teammates. If they arent open they arent open plain and simple. Forcing the ball will end up with you throwing INTs that you dont want  to be throwing. A lot of pressure from the QB to feel they have to get it to the other players and not AI but that is not the case,go thru your reads and hit the open man regardless of AI or player. I also find it very helpful for a player to always play the RB on each play so that they can pick up blitzes,motion, or read the play and release out of the backfield. I enjoy squads but there can be pressure sometimes that will make you feel like you lost it for the team. THe team is there to be a team and work together to help one another. If you blow coverage come back in the next posession and learn from your mistakes. COmmunicate any issues you are having,if you cant keep up with a WR as for help over the top or to bring heat on the QB. Enjoy It! its meant to be fun too.

Message 14 of 58 (467 Views)

★ Novice
Make sure to invite the other players on your team to a party. Communication is key. Make sure to run the actual route that you're supposed to be running. Running around crazily will only lead to interceptions. Wide receiver cut moves using rb+right stick will usually get you away from defenders while running routes. Running tight end drags/in routes using the cut moves usually end up in good yardage. If you're a good defensive player, or an offensive player, focus on buying those players for your team. If you aren't especially great at either, try playing as coach and learn from your teammates.
Message 15 of 58 (447 Views)

★★★ Novice
In MUT Squads, you face off in a 3v3 game with two other teammates. Before entering one of these games, make sure you have people you know playing with you, and that you can communicate with them in some sort of way.

Also, when choosing your teammates, coordinate who's offense and defense to use, because stacking one person's offense and another person's defense can help a lot to have the best players on the field.
Message 16 of 58 (439 Views)

★★★ Newbie

One thing I like to do in MUT Squads is run the hurry up on offense, as it is even more powerful than usual as one would because the opponent would have 3 people usering but only one person who controls the audible, leading to miscommunications that one can expose for good yardage pickups.

Message 17 of 58 (431 Views)

★★★ Novice
Communication and discipline. Mics help a lot, not making silly dives and poor hitsticks stops big plays, make the other team move the ball the whole field and look for a mistake. Also really like the press, almost completely neutralizes a receiver. Having one guy at every level defensively also helps. Offensively make an effort to run the ball, and run multiple plays out of the same look
Message 18 of 58 (428 Views)

★★★ Newbie
The best thing to do is make sure you have someone who Runs Defense or Offense the Head coach does not matter as much . Also if you lose keep playing the more you play the better you and your team get !
Message 19 of 58 (428 Views)

★★★ Newbie
1.Communication is the biggest key, you need to know what plays are going on and know what your teammates are going to do. It's best to jump in to a party chat so everyone can help each other out and pick up different reads they see if you don't.
2. Want to make sure you have really good QB and WR so you can make sure you hit those wide open passes and also catch those wide open passes.
3. Run the ball, and try to pick up as much blocks as you can. We are learning that blocking is a major key to this game mode.
Message 20 of 58 (424 Views)