AHQ Madden NFL 18 Launch Event - Week 3 tips and tricks for MUT Squads

by EA_Eric

Original Post

Accepted Solution

AHQ Madden NFL 18 Launch Event - Week 3 tips and tricks for MUT Squads

Community Manager (retired)

Ready. Set. Hike!

We want your best tips and tricks for MUT Squads this week. If your tip gets picked as one of our top five, you’ll be rewarded with some MUT packs.

Want to know more? Click here for details.

So post in this thread and let us know: What's your best tip or trick for MUT Squads?

Must be 18+ to participate.

Message 1 of 58 (3,267 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: AHQ Madden NFL 18 Launch Event - Week 3 tips and tricks for MUT Squads

Community Manager (retired)

Thanks to all the participants. It was a tough fight, but we have our winners! Congratulations to everyone! We'll be dropping the packs on your account tomorrow. If we're unable to find Madden 18 on your account, I'll reach out to you directly.

Be sure to also check out this week's tips and tricks category - Franchise and Connected Franchise for another chance to win!

Top Tipster - 21 packs

• randynmich
    "My biggest tip is to let each player control their aspect of the game. If one person is the quarterback, don't constantly ask them to throw to you, because then they're gonna force passes and possibly get intercepted.  
    on defense, its most important to stay in your zone. As a linebacker, you don't want to leave someone wide open because you were following someone else."

Runners-Up - 7 packs each

• corey12161
    "You have to remember a couple of things when playing MUT squads.
    There are usually three users on the field so you need to keep your opponent honest. Mix run and pass plays. Don't force the ball.
    Communication is key. You need to talk to your team. A vital heads up that your member is running a deep post instead of a curl can cost you the game."
  • Firewolf090
    "It is essential that you don't try to talk over your teammates. If your teammate is struggling ask if he would like some advice before assertively throwing your opinions at the player.
    Stay calm, don't yell, and most importantly remember we are all people and everyone makes a mistake once in a while."
  • bniner
    "Start the game off by playing solid defense.
    Our squad comes out on offense with a lot of run plays we run out of single back, duece close formation in the Seattle playbook and our main play is hb wham.
    After we establish the run we run a play action to try and catch the opponent in a blitz and make a big play."
  • George5041
    "Know your playbook, run your routes, do your job. If you aren't going to do the route or need to do a double move then say so.
    Defense:
    Stick to what you are good at. If someone on your team isn't a strong user then suggest they play d line. If you have all solid users then by all means lock it down. It is all about playing to your strengths.
    To quote the Rock. "Know your role." Do your job, and do it well. Sure covering for a teammate, and making a big play is nice, but make sure your job is taken care of. I hate when someone blows their assignment, and gives up a big play trying to be a hero."

Weekly Drawing Winner - 3 packs

• Randyfluffle
    "Communication is always key. If you communicate with your team and hep each other out everything will work. Create a system for the running back. If someone is hot feed them the rock."

Congratulations again everyone!

View in thread

Message 58 of 58 (3,857 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice
In Mut Squads the best tip is to play with Friends, and if they all have a mic connected is even Better.
Communication is very important.
You also need to stick with a player on Offense, the QB can be confuse if you Change any WR route on every play.
Message 2 of 58 (3,207 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
You have to remember a couple of things when playing MUT squads.

1. There are usually three users on the field so you need to keep your opponent honest. Mix run and pass plays. Don't force the ball.

2. Communication is key. You need to talk to your team. A vital heads up that your member is running a deep post instead of a curl can cost you the game.

You can private message me for some info for good plays and defensive schemes. I'm currently sitting at 23 in head to head seasons with a 201-78 record. I'll Glady help anyone out figure out what they need to do to get better individually. Good luck!

Gamertag: MEB2625
XBOX
Message 3 of 58 (3,204 Views)

★ Novice
Swap wr for high block te, motion on run plays, any up the middle around end, in the direction of run play. Generally picking up extra block, if you wait to snap till he is behind o line for up the gut an power runs he will block a dl so your ol can pick up next tier of blocking
Message 4 of 58 (3,186 Views)

★★★ Novice

Many say communication is a two way street, but in this case it is a three way. It is essential that you don't try to talk over your teammates. If your teammate is struggling ask if he would like some advice before assertively throwing your opinions at the player. Some people don't want advice and as difficult as it may be you might just have to leave them alone to avoid a yelling argument between your own team. Stay calm, don't yell, and most importantly remember we are all people and everyone makes a mistake once in a while.

Message 5 of 58 (3,177 Views)

★★★ Newbie

1.  When playing with friends, have your friend call out the button they are when they are open for a pass, rather than having them say "I'm Open".

2.  As an RB do a check & release route, instead of going out immediately move to the open space without sprinting and call for the ball, this will destroy any zone coverage.

Message 6 of 58 (3,162 Views)

★★★ Novice

Make sure you talk to whoever is the person providing your squad's playbook. It is essential to know the plays form their playbook so you can better execute each drive. If all three players know the play you can make the play run to the best of its capabilities.

Message 7 of 58 (3,139 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Use head sets and utilize new coach adjustment ie aggressive pass blocking holds blocks longer with no down side.

Message 8 of 58 (3,124 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

my biggest tip is to let each player control their aspect of the game.  if one person is the quarterback, don't constantly ask them to throw to you, because then they're gonna force passes and possibly get intercepted.  inversely, if they constantly have to wait for you to get open then they're gonna get sacked more often than not.  its best to let the quarterback find an open receiver themselves and have them deal with the errors they make.  the same can be said for the running back and receivers.  don't tell them where to run but rather let them run their own routes.  the limited play clock limits pre-snap communication time and its best for the receiver to dictate where they are going to be running and where they want the pass. similarly, the running back will find holes in the line on their own, theres no need to tell them where to run.  

on defense, its most important to stay in your zone.  as a linebacker, you don't want to leave someone wide open because you were following someone else.  if you stay in your positions general area, then your coverage will be good enough to stop the opposing offense.  

although kickoffs are a minor aspect, they can be the most fun.  generally what i do is switch off who takes the punt/kick return and have the other two people block.  this usually helps to get anywhere from 10-15 extra yards per return, which can be the difference between a field goal and a punt.  

if i am chosen as a winner, my gamertag is METFAN718 and i play madden on XBOX 1

thank you

Message 9 of 58 (2,613 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Communicate with teammates and always keep them involved. Try to play with the sake people so u get used to one another. When playing against a good user defense try to run crossing plays that also have a post route to keep the defense guessing. Don't try and do everything just do your job and ur teammates will do theirs and you will sin countless mut squads games.
Message 10 of 58 (3,093 Views)