Please Make Missions More Like Star Fortresses

by SerenityofLight

Original Post

Please Make Missions More Like Star Fortresses

★★★ Guide

Although I've gotten to the point where I ignore the little bit of story connected to the Star Fortresses, just because I've run them so much, I like the basic model for the mission and would like to see it expanded to other mission. For the record, I hate running mission for the most part, especially if it is not a story that I really want to see the end of because I haven't seen it before. However, if you check, I've run a lot of star fortresses, more than any other mission I have.

What I like about Star Fortresses

• The fact that the configuration for the star fortresses change a little each time
  • The number of potential decoration drops included in each run
  • the fact that they are filled with so many art assets that would be good decorations in their own right
  • the lore based clickables that would make for great easter eggs and storytelling vehicles

On that last note, we saw some of that in the KOTFE and KOTET chapters. The Royal Palace and the chapter where we found Satele had this kind of storytelling in it. While it serves a purpose in a more distinct story, as with the chapters, I think it would work in more general stories too.

For instance, imagine a mission on Nar Shaddaa or Coruscant's lower levels. You could use one map, but the mission and the story being told through the players actions could change based on which clickables the player needs to interact with. For instance, one one run it might be breaking up a feud be gang leaders with some investigative snooping, another run might be shutting down a spice ring, yet a third run might be helping people gather resources to escape that part of town. Think along the lines of Rusk's recruitment mission but more varied in the objects to be interacted with.

Rather than completely changing which map a person is running through, smaller items could change and produce a very different story depending on the combinations put together and what bits of story they hint at. Maybe this could work through instancing.

However, my biggest draw for star fortresses remains the decoration drops. They are a big driver for playing, in my case, and being able to get 4 in one run is a big deal for me. I would appreciate it if, at the least, each planet had some mission that dropped decorations that fit the planet or the theme of the planet. For instance, Nar Shaddaa's mission could drop hutt, underworld, luxury, and holo sign decorations. Ideally, the special planetary mission would be one that could remain largely the same despite whatever story is driving galactic issues.

Message 1 of 2 (487 Views)

Re: Please Make Missions More Like Star Fortresses

★ Guide

I'm answering this because YES, you are right, we need a lot more misssions just like these !

Since the DEV team launched Galactic Strongholds, a lot of players left because the decorations were impossible to find!! When I check the decorations list, I'd say that around 75% of the decorations come from the packs, wich you need to pay for. Missions like Star Fortresses would change a lot of that :D

The first time I've played one, I looted 2 decs ! In one hour!! When for any other decoration I need to farm credits for 6 hours and wait for someone to put it in the galactic market.

That idea was awesome, and I can imagine every mission of this kind, for every planet I mean. We could even make missions ONLY for decorations, but that's another story.

Plus, appart from the decs, the idea of changing a few details in the missions depending on the planet it's located on was excellent!! A Wampa for Hoth, a Colicoïd for Balmorra... You could do "Republican/Imperial military bases" in every planet, for example :D

Message 2 of 2 (391 Views)