this game. Especially Galactic War

by enwgray

Original Post

Re: F this game. Especially Galactic War

★★★★★ Novice
You can only sacrifice so many times. 9-12, you have to sacrifice an entire guild to beat one phase, let alone the next. Get someone on this. Make ONE of your developers earn their squads like we do, and see how long before he/she quits and goes back to God squads. It's really stupid we even have to bring it to their attention, except none of them play with non-cheat squads. They don't seem to get it...at all.
Message 31 of 43 (620 Views)

★ Novice

The biggest problem I see most people making in GW is assuming that their team should be capable of beating some other team simply because you've levelled, geared and modded your toons. While those things are important, especially when tackling the tougher nodes, team composition is even more important. For example, I have a maxed out team of clones that works awesome against most teams. They quickly regenerate health and protection, deal massive amounts of burst damage and gain tons of extra TM. But they rely heavily on critical hits so when they go up against teams designed to counter critical hits (Rex leads, GK, Zarriss, etc), they get their butts handed to them. This isn't a failing of the game design but rather a success. It means that my team has a counter and isn't invincible.

In order to truly succeed at GW, you need multiple teams that have different strengths and are capable of attacking different weaknesses in your opponents. That Rex team that so easily counters my clones doesn't do so well against my Nihilus-led Sith team. It's a night and day difference. Does your opponent have powerful enemies that constantly hide behind taunts? Boba Fett and Commander Luke Skywalker help with that. Having trouble with Baze and Chirrut? Boba Fett and Darth Vader (as leader with his zeta) eat them for breakfast. Everything in this game has a counter and your job as a player is to develop those counters until you're able to deal with anything that gets thrown at you. If you're having trouble with GW, it just means you haven't developed that counter enough to get past this challenge. Depending on the team, you might be screwed every time you go up against it until your counter is ready to go but that's a failing on your part, not the game's.

Message 32 of 43 (604 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I have been seeing a huge difference between PvP and GW. I hardly miss in PvP but GW no matter what lvl or mod I miss any where from 50 to 75 % of the time. I also see that the enemy hit on 100%. My dbuffs seldom get the whole group or on hard matches any of them, but the get 100% chance. Same thing with counter attacks and second attacks we get less then 50% and the get 100%. Like dooku gets 2 attacks every single time you hit him regardless of star, lvl, or gear. He also dbuffs with that stun. If I get a dooku on hard I am screwed. He keeps my teem stunned the entire time. I love that EA keeps saying figure it out and through more toons at the problem. At 77 how are you supposed to do that when the 85's are struggling with the same thing and I am still working on the A team little lone a B, C, D, F, G, through Z team's? I can barely fit my A with mods and gear. What's the answer to that EA? Or maybe we should have this conversation in person at your corporate office. Is this games devs at the office in California?
Message 33 of 43 (587 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I understand that one needs a large variety of toons but most can't get that cause the shard drops and GW are so tight it's taking 4 months to get one toon to 7 stars. With that said how do you expect to get a large amount of toons if you can't get the shards or get threw the GW cause they wipe your only group out before the really even get a full rotation in. Or my case I am 77 an matched against uber 85's geared and moded to hell at the 6th and 9th match. It's been 3 months since I got past the 9th match
Message 34 of 43 (586 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Galactic war is supposedly other players, but in reality, they are dev squads created solely to prevent you from getting through it. It is a puzzling business strategy. Make a task so difficult you frustrate the hell out of your customer instead of making it a fun challenge. I just don't get them. They appear to be completely and totally in the dark when it comes to customer game play and what keeps people coming back. And I'm sure they'll blame us when they start losing money. Come on devs... increase your IQ and stop taking out your lack of success in life on us. Come at it from a player's POV for God's sake. If you had to pay or spend the time to up your characters instead of giggling as you hit a button and up offense to level 150, you'd have a different perspective on what you're doing. If other players did this, it is called cheating. Knock it off and play by the rules YOU set up.

I have given plenty of money to these morons who don't seem to understand the difference between their fun in completely annihilating their customers and our fun in upping gear and shards to by completing activities. It's like there are a bunch of children, who have no idea what they are doing or what the market could be, running the show. They need to fire the imbeciles immediately and get someone in who doesn't think it is OK to make something so difficult few if any can pass.

If the devs are reading this, PAY ATTENTION!! You are responsible for what happens in this game. If it fails due to your own incompetence, it is YOUR fault, no one else's. This isn't rocket science which is why it is so perplexing to even have to write these posts.

Message 35 of 43 (573 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Good theory, but Darth Vader is no match whatsoever for Baze/Chirrut in the 11th phase of GW. Chirrut can one shot legendary Boba and turns Vaders constant damage over time into a useless ability. The baze and Chirrut in GW gain health while stunned, gain health during other players turns, and if you watch closely, your Baze with 20 up health just sits there until his next turn, not gaining a thing. It is absurd that the characters in the higher stages of GW do not adhere to the same rules as the rest of us. R2 will suddenly become unstunned and immediately attack out of turn. Yeah, I know, it sounds like I just don't understand... but I have been playing this game since the beginning and have almost all characters at 85 with two legendaries (gear 12) and most squads gear 10 or 11. There is a failing in the game and it is not strategy. It is overzealous developers with their heads so far up their @mkons they have no idea how this plays out with real people spending real money and real time.

I have found the game to be very fun, but it is run by a bunch of blithering idiots. The entire management team needs to be fired and bring in a team that is customer friendly. Challenging and fun. Challenging and fun... that should be the motto. Not "screw the customer" which it currently seems like they promote at every level possible. If you need ANY substantiation, just look at when they came out with the Tank Raid. It took most guilds weeks to bring it down. Now there are a few that spend thousands on the game that most likely accomplished it. If they are putting out levels for the .05% of the top, they are missing the 95.95% of other player that want to play and have fun. It's not rocket science.

Yes, there are tactics that can be used to make life easier... but in the case of GW, this is a bunch of *. The only people who think GW can be won on tactics are the devs themselves with level 100 characters. How many level 100 teams can you face in GW before you are done? And they just keep going. It used to be only at level 12. Cool, I'll spend 4 teams defeating them. But now they start at level 9. So 4 teams at 9, 4 teams at 10, 4 teams at 11 and 4 teams at 12. So you need 20 characters (with synergy of other characters) 7 starts, at level 85, gear 11+ and fully modded with rare mods to even have a chance. Since it takes a month to gain a star, a couple of weeks to get one piece of equipment (and you need 3 or 4 for the full gear), you're looking at a time and money investment of a few years before you can succeed at GW. This is dumb. No other way to say it. Stupid, moronic, completely void of common sense and lack of understanding. And when called on it, you get the peter pan response, "Well use a suicide squad" or "back out of the fight and get your synergies right" or "I'm stupid and I know it, so I'm going to blame you with another lame excuse."

If they increase tenacity, potency, speed, offense and defense of their characters to levels we can't achieve, it is cheating. They cheat us out of time, out of money and when called on it, out of a valid response. Plain and simple, this is an issue with the game, not the players. As much as you want to blame the players, you are quite simply wrong. I've been doing this way too long to let someone with a high end clone squad try to tell me to just use different combinations. If you're clone squad is level 100 and your back up squads are level 115, then I understand how you can believe that. But until you spend time and money to play, you will obviously not understand the complete stupidity that is the GW.

Message 36 of 43 (567 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I did my GW to day and the first hard, 3rd match, was a Uber 83 that did a aoe one shooting all but one. He had next to no life any way so ow f well for GW to day. I tryed to sak a group same thing after I got my main group in. And if any one says try a different group you can only afford one group at 78 and keep the other groups up for the events. I can't afford to field 10 groups maxed with maxed gear for 78/79 and fleet and events. I shot for Yoda and what a waist that was. Couldn't get a 7 star and I struggle with sidious. Now I am told that all PvP including GW the toons have all abilitys to 100% witch explains why a 56 average mod and vii dooku fights like a 75 heavyweight mod and viii. Getting extra attacks every hit and counters every time I hit him with debuffs at 100% chance rate so my group is stunned as a 56 group punks my 76 group.
Message 37 of 43 (545 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Just read your post and I have seen so many wired unexplainable things that I can only assume are or is a hack. Like middle of a battle I sware it felt like I was fighting a Dev with God hacks. Normal battles are all generally random ish attacks but some times in GW on hards it's straight focus on the vital then move to the next and so on. You don't have that in PvP or most non-hard matches in GW. Then, as you pointed out, other wired things happen. I have seen the turn meter just change for no reason and not caused by a ability. My toons loos turn meters and they are all stacked. Or some times on hards I have seen all my tun meter's start at 0 ad they are stacked. I generally don't get a turn in cause I die. I love how EA devs are silent in this forum on GW.
Message 38 of 43 (544 Views)

★★ Novice
Don't understand any of this, I'm level 85 (don't have any g12) and finish almost everyday with one or two squads
Message 39 of 43 (538 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice
You will... give it time. Do you face 5 g12s in phase 11 and 12?
Message 40 of 43 (534 Views)