Re: Very Rude, Uncaring, Terrible Call Center Support

by alaincwl

Original Post

Very Rude, Uncaring, Terrible Call Center Support

★★★ Newbie

I just got off a 30+ minute call with EA's outsourced mobile game "support". I had to initially wait for about 3 minutes while the angry sounding guy spoke to someone else in Hindi, me saying "Hello!?" about a dozen times, until he finally said "Hello?". I had to ask if it was EA support calling me back, and he said, "Oh, yeah. Why did you call?"

I told him the issue I was having, and he said, "I don't even know what game you're calling about! Tell me that first." Ok, so I told him, then he asked for my email address, and I told him that too. Two minutes of listening to him type, and then "I asked you what your email was." I told him again, slowly, and then he said, please hold. He came back on the line, said he was going to transfer me to a technician, then placed me in queue for 15-20 minutes.

Finally a guy answered, from the same department, and asked what the issue was. So I told him. He had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. I had purchased a piece of raid GEAR, and it gave me Salvage. He put me on hold, came back, and said, "We cannot help you with this as our tool is limited." 

Ok, so I asked to speak to a supervisor. "No." He refused, time and again, to either transfer me to a supervisor, or to a US based agent, and said, "No one is going to help you with this" in a very snotty tone. Then he hung up on me. 

This is not the type of support I expect out of a game I pay good money for. Not that I'm proud of it, but yes, a frequently buy crystals.

I placed another call back, and as I was writing this, the new guy from the same place went on about that they don't help unruly customers, apparently reading a note from the previous guy. I said I wanted to speak to a supervisor, and he said he would have to contact them to transfer me. He came back and said that they didn't want to take any additional calls, that they couldn't help me with the issue. I told them the issue now was the harassment I got from the agent named Koulic. He put me on hold again, offered me 200 crystals, and said you should take it because that's the best you're going to get.

EA really, REALLY needs to consider getting rid of these rude, unhelpful people. Or pay someone a wage that will attract agents who actually give a darn for their customers. They're basically paying people a low wage to make their own customers angry. We wouldn't even need support in the first place unless there was an issue, and these people just compound the issue tenfold.

So there's my feedback. And for a suggestion, get some support agents that actually help your customers.

Message 1 of 4 (883 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I've had these problems so much that I'm really hoping that it will continue because they are stupid enough to think that California laws only apply for them they will soon learn that laws vary from each state 

Message 2 of 4 (735 Views)

★ Apprentice

Many of us do not have this problem because we do not have any hope to EA. EA absorb money from all around the world but do not like to spend any single penny in customer solutions especially problems in games. We're all in the trap and wake up one by one in one day!

Message 3 of 4 (718 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I’ve become aware of what the problem really might be go to the better business bureau website and look at what the real problem is this is a horrible 

thing and it might be better to complain too Disney as it’s seems like it might become a problem that we might not be able too play because  the companies 

might have issues with each other soon so sad at what I found out and what could possibly happen 

Message 4 of 4 (428 Views)