Feature I would like to see implemented Timezone Change

by cmlivi02

Original Post

Feature I would like to see implemented Timezone Change

★★★ Newbie

I've posted this on the official forums as well, at the following link.

First, I want to start off by saying SWGOH is hands down the BEST mobile game I have ever picked up. I am currently in the US military and stationed overseas and I've been playing it since late 2015; I've never played a mobile game this long. In addition to never having played a mobile this long, I've also never spent money on packs in mobile games.

I find this game so fun, that I recently started paying for packs and boosters. Right after I hit about the $300 mark, I started thinking about the money I was spending. I've been playing for over a year and $300 equates to about 5-6 console titles. I felt that was very fair considering how much time I spend on SWGOH. Another thing came to mind when I thought about the money I've spent: what happens when I have to return to the states. All timers are tied to the time zone you originally started playing; this means that when I go back to the states permanently, my timers will be horrendous for the rest of my time playing. I honestly feel that this will severely impact my desire to continue the game.

Currently, as there's no option to switch your timezone, my only choice is to make a new account when I go home. The problem is, any money I've spent or will spend in the future will be lost. All this considered, it makes me feel that I can't justify spending any more time or money on a game that I know I won't be able to enjoy when I head back stateside.

So, my question is this: Is it possible for the developers to implement a means for players to request a timezone change? Possibly include cooldowns (6 months to a year) and a lifetime limit (2 for the life of the account) to prevent abuse.

I understand that this is not something that can happen over night, but if I'm going to continue to monetarily support this game, I need to know that something is in the works to address this issue. Again, I have been having a blast playing this game and would hate to have to walk away. I feel like CG really works their butt off trying to give us what we want, and sure they don't always hit the mark, but you can tell they are always striving for the best. Please, PLEASE help me to continue playing this game for the long haul. Thanks for all you guys do at CG to churn out a great game with fun content.

Message 1 of 2 (465 Views)

Re: Feature I would like to see implemented Timezone Change

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @cmlivi02

Thanks for the feedback on this.

I know it's something that has been requested before and the developers are aware that the community are looking to have the ability to change timezones.

As a player of SWGOH myself I know it would be useful to switch the times around but I don't know if there are plans to implement this at the moment.

If we do get any further news about changes like this it would be likely to be posted on the official forums.

- Andy -

Message 2 of 2 (413 Views)