this game. Especially Galactic War

by enwgray

Original Post

this game. Especially Galactic War

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Are you freaking kidding?!?! How on the hell do 2 toons by themselves never flipping lose any health and wipe out an entire collection of player toons?!?! Especially on node * 6. They need to fix the difficulty. It is * that I've been playing this game for two * years and can't get past node * 6 because the computer tons are 50 times more powerful than my own fully leveled toons.

Message 1 of 43 (2,418 Views)

Re: F this game. Especially Galactic War

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @enwgray

Which two characters were they?

Node 6 and 9 are always tough, as are the last 2 usually so it's always worth keeping this in mind when it comes to making sure you reset cooldowns before going into them.

I'd also make use of retreating so that you can try different tactics / setups to see which is the most efficient for taking them out with the least amount of damage taken.

- Andy -

Message 2 of 43 (2,327 Views)

★★★ Novice

Been there, done that! When I have a fully modded Vader and Emperor and almost fully loaded Guard, Tarkin and Dooku, there is no way they should be getting wiped out. Lately it does not matter who is there for Node 6. I cannot seem to get past it. And when I do, I have nobody left by the time I get to node 9. In the scenario I am discussing it was Baze and Chirrut. They went through every toon I had and never lost an inch of health. You make this game impossible. I guaran-friking-tee you when I get Baze and Chirrut leveled up, they will be nowhere near that powerful. I know this because every new character you introduce wipes out my guys (like when I was trying to level up Vader and the Emperor, the computer Vader and Emperor wiped out my top tier guys with one or two shots. Now I have them leveled up and they get * on left and right. Your game is unbalanced. For instance, in the ewok challenge, I keep making to to level 8 with all my health intact, and guess frikking what...does not frikking matter! One shot from an arrow and bye bye fully loaded Vader, then one shot, bye bye fully loaded emperor, then on and then on and so on and so forth. 

Fix the difficulty. There is no way this is how it is supposed to be set up. I have been playing for two years and cannot beat a galactic war?!?!?!?! BS!

Message 3 of 43 (2,318 Views)

★ Apprentice

Agree with Enwgray, it's ultra hard nowadays (Both Galaxy War and especially some sudden challenge tasks) and becoming high-end. Developer may think that more challenge lead to more upgrade (more $$$), few high-end players will agree but most find it disappointed and finally leave...

** (I'd played one of my favourite online game (not starwars) for 4 years and paid a lot on it, I finally left it 1 year ago because I stayed at one level over 12 months and cannot proceed, it should be an ultra hard high-end and extra difficult that I was unable to step forward, so sad to leave finally.

I learnt that this Game will be close this September)

Message 4 of 43 (2,310 Views)

Hi @enwgray

I can only suggest trying different combinations of characters and different tactics rather than a one size fits all approach.

For example I generally use Wedge, Biggs, Lando, G.Soldier and Palpatine to run through Galactic War but if I get to something tough then I usually have to switch out to my maul team. Even then I've had nodes that have eaten through several teams.

- Andy -

Message 5 of 43 (2,309 Views)

★★★ Novice

And I get that every now and then that will happen. But for it to happen every day, every single time is ridiculous. When they take one shot at a fully loaded Vader, or Leia, or whatever team I am using and they wipe out 40 level 85 toons, that needs to be fixed. That is not a player issue. That is a game development issue. 

Message 6 of 43 (2,302 Views)

[ Edited ]

@enwgray - Are the teams you're using fully modded, geared and have their abilities levelled? It all makes a difference.

When I have a team like that which seems to be taking out characters with ease I retreat quite a few times until I get the best tactic. For example I'll sometimes sacrifice my droid team just so take the protection off of Baze and then the next teams mission will be to try and finish him off with healing reduction abilities. 

*Edit* - Here we go again Standard smile

SWGOH.png

- Andy -

Message 7 of 43 (2,296 Views)

★★★ Novice

Trust me, yes and yes. The difference is, I seem to sacrifice my whole team. Not much you can do when one shot kills a toon and then before you can retreat they are all dead. In fact the only thing my top teams are missing are the zeta. Other than that I am unable to level them up or mod them any further. And I will eventually get zetas, although at the rate this stupid game offers them that will take a year to get 1 team with the zetas. Yet somehow all the teams I am facing have them. Go figure. That is what I am talking about as far as difficulty. The first day this game offers a new item, I have to face people who apparently are millionaires because they buy one for every toon they have. That can be the only way to get them as it takes a month to a month and a half to get one toon with a zeta the normal way.

Message 8 of 43 (2,288 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I agree with most said in here. Difficulty in GW lately is pretty unreasonable and many ppl in my guild are saying same. There are more than 1 isuue with GW as it works currently. It seems devs forgetting or ignoring several problems there. I am cur. 77L and seen myself several times really brutal teams allready on node 6 which can make serious issues to have even chance to get to last node. I believe 1 part of problem is mods and their power rating count for overall power of team. When game counts power of team setting against you numbers may not seem that high becouse no matter how Great mods power count from them is minimal. As example you put 1 piece of 9 gear on your hero raising his overal power by 100 while you gain 25 STR stat from that gear, but give him 1 mod with overall stat boost literally 10x more as that 1 gear - like 1 i just put on +36% Cr Damage, 500 Protection, 6Speed, 480 HP and 2% Cr chance and i see only 60 power count on my hero from that mod and you even get some bonus stats from set of 2 or 4 mods on top. So game throws you team maybe 10% stronger in power which in theory shouldnt be impossible, but real strength of team especially from mod stats is much higher and you see how brutal it gets in fight. I really think that fixing/raising overall power count from mods could help even odds for opposing teams in GW.

Another thing are "fixed" chances in every GW fight sometimes with weird buggs on top. Let me explain. I face some tougher team so i go with my strongest heroes but right from start get 4 ability blocked and 2 stunned before i can even make my move. And it dosnt matter how many times i retreat when i enter same strongest team i allways see same heroes abil blocked and stunned, so in the end i am FORCED to enter with my weaker heroes just to see different results. Pl devs why do you take random chances away, like from 40% stun ability or +25% evasion chance? Worst thing is when you get bugged enc togh. with those fixed "chances". I had 1 fight against jedi team expecting it to be pretty easy 1 leader was Jedi giving all jedi-s counterattack chance about 30% or something. Funny thing - was going full round after round and every attack on all 5 Jedi-s was counter-attacked. Lit. not sure if fight lasted 5 or 6 rounds and EVERY my atatck on every enemy was counter-attacked, not 1 exception and that from "30% chance (hah) of counter from lead ability)". Thats what i got from those FIXED chances on % counter. Explain me why do you not let fights work same as in arena -  i mean chances from evasion or chances on stun, ability block crit attack??? Why not let it go random. When i send my best team ag strong enemy or simply best team suited ag that type of enemy why do you make all chances attacks fixed? This way if i am unlucky and got my 4 heroes stunned on first try i cant simply try again and hoping for better rng on stun-chance bec there is no rng till i switch heroes. And on my evel i cant simply level 2 or 3 maxed up teams at same time - getting gear from tier VII or VIII up isnt easy and even just leveling cost lots of creds i cant even pay for maxed-up levels for more teams at same time.

Message 9 of 43 (2,282 Views)

★★★ Novice
I got almost that bad. But this is node 6. And i already fought the same team on node 3.
Message 10 of 43 (2,252 Views)