Difficulty in star wars galactic battles

by kenmoline909

Original Post

Re: Difficulty in star wars galactic battles

★★★ Novice
Thx for inquiring on my progress; I do appreciate that. It's really still the same. I don't expect to finish the galactic war anymore since it's so rare now and I'm still overwhelmed by node 11 or 12 for sure. What algorithm is used to determine what strength opponents I'll get? Is it strictly by the power of my top squad or is overall strength across my roster accounted for? I don't think any opponent should pop up that is more powerful than one's top squad, at least not by much. We don't get our protection refilled and are already battling several squads that are pretty tough in earlier nodes, so we are already weakened by the time the final nodes come up. Still trying new toon combos tho, so we'll see.
Message 11 of 27 (595 Views)

Community Manager

@kumquatinator From what I recall, it is based on the five highest powered characters you have.

Hopefully the new mods will help in strengthening them to let you proceed further.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 12 of 27 (591 Views)

★ Apprentice
Totally agree. Something is wrong in the GW. The tweaks just are absolutely nuts and the addition of mods makes this game not fun any longer. Battle 6 is just off the charts in difficulty. The last #6 I got was a fully upgraded lvl 80 7* squad with maxed mods. What?????? The recent changes are not awesome.
Message 13 of 27 (589 Views)

★★★ Novice
Thx Nils. Well, nothing has changed still, even w mods: last nodes, especially 12, are too tough. I just look at the opponent and snicker, because I already know I have no chance. I'll auto play all battles except maybe my top squad because it's not even close.

I think most players do have a top squad they like to use in the arena, but the drop off gets very large very quickly from our top five toons and the remainder. Imo galactic war throws out too many tough squads that deplete our top squads to the point they're useless by the last nodes.
Message 14 of 27 (585 Views)

Community Manager

@tile00 @kumquatinator Hi again,

Community Manager EA_Jesse stated that he will check with the Capital Games team to confirm that everything is in order with GW: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/559728/#Comment_559728

While I don't have insight into the specific, you definitely should not be facing a maxed out team at node #6 already.

My own observation from this weekend was similar to yours in that node 11 & 12 in particular were quite hard. I think facing one really good team like that at node 12 would be acceptable, but two in a row is a bit cruel.

I managed to finish it, but really had to dig deep into my roster. This was actually quite fun (using a low level Cad Bane's for stuns for example, or Ewok Elder for revives), but the amount of time required did exceed the reward level and I was only able to try as it was the weekend for me.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 15 of 27 (578 Views)

★★ Novice

In GW 6th or 7th battle is also quite hard and 11 & 12 are damn hard. In a week i can complete it 4 or 5 times only. There should be an option to revive any 2 or 3 our lost characters in last battle so we can complete it. 

In last 2 battles there is rey, rg , daka and han are fixed and while last battles we generally have lost our 1st best squad.

Message 16 of 27 (566 Views)

★ Apprentice

This is the same problem I ever faced, it should (always) be bad luck I said, I always face to a sharp end even though I have lot of squads. Moreover, I noticed that a sudden hard in node 6 recently that can defeat all main team protections. Why so early????  not only EASY can make game to an end, DIFFICULT can also annoy players to leave. >_<

Message 17 of 27 (564 Views)

★ Apprentice

Not work to the serious killer team in few seconds !!!!

Message 18 of 27 (562 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

You got to use an Ewok Elder to Revive? In Galactic War? That sounds a lot like bantha pudu, lol. He must be way tougher than the rest of your squad. Any time mine shows up, they just hit him until he dies, first thing, even ignore the auto taunt from Royal Guard, or go to area effects until he is gone, THEN they get on with the rest of the fight. Nobody else EVER dies first in GW.

Message 19 of 27 (555 Views)

Community Manager

@quixtus I wish I remember the teams I was fielding and facing, but it might have been alongside with Old Daka on my side, with the stuns that might have been what kept the Elder alive longer...

Cheers,

Nils

Message 20 of 27 (547 Views)