Re: Allow one-time/limited changing of personal reset/arena payout timezone

by mchapman001821

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Allow one-time/limited changing of personal reset/arena payout timezone

★★★★ Novice

Please implement a way for customer support to switch users' personal reset and arena payout times. Or implement an in-game feature and give all players a one-time/yearly use token to change the timezone/offset their reset and payouts are associated with. 

I've been playing for a year. When I first played I was traveling and so the schedule is not based off my home timezone. The result is that my arena payouts are in the middle of the workday. During vacation I would rank in the top 2 almost every day. However at work it is hard to stay in top 5 and it is distracting and inconvenient. I would much prefer to have my squad payout be late evening (10 or 11 pm local time). Ship payout and reset can be adjusted accordingly as well. Is that possible to adjust? Arena competition is the main driver of engagement for many of us high-level players and if we simply can't be competitive due to something arbitrary like where we started playing originally, I have considered quitting due solely to this issue. And I know several other high-level players/spenders who have quit recently because of the inconvenience of their payout time. It's definitely discouraged me from investing more money in the game as I always think of quitting when I drop from 1 to 11 before payout because I am in a meeting the last hour. Either allowing one change per account via support case or granting all players a single time shift token would be great and help retention.

Message 1 of 16 (5,252 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@bddbrown I will pass your feedback on but currently, it is not possible to changes the timezone you have selected in game. 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 12 of 16 (4,778 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @Diamond60

Thanks for the feedback, that's an interesting idea.

I can't promise this will be changed or implemented but we can certainly pass the idea onto the SWGOH team.

- Andy -

Message 2 of 16 (5,177 Views)

★ Novice

Hi,

I'm facing the same issue. I moved from France (UTC+1) to Canada (UTC-5) and now my schedule is totally messed up. There are many others bug topics opened on the SwGoH forum reporting this issue. 

Like @Diamond60, "However at work it is hard to stay in top 5 and it is distracting and inconvenient. ". I also miss now the Cantina bonus energy between now 6.00AM and 8.00AM. I love this game and would love to have this feature implemented too.

I'm looking forward news about this topic too,

Thanks,

Toytoyenib

Message 3 of 16 (5,140 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Any update on this suggestion?  Still feeling the pain of very inconvenient arena times.

Message 4 of 16 (5,081 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @Diamond60

No updates at the moment I'm afraid.

- Andy -

Message 5 of 16 (5,070 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This idea is amazing. Let the players play arenas!
Message 6 of 16 (5,047 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Same problem, and with time zone change it make playing difficult. Which then leads me to not wanting to spend money on the game.
Message 7 of 16 (5,015 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm in the same boat, and would love to have a way to change that. I opened a support ticket but they asked me to go search in the forums because they don't have the power/tech to help with this issue.

Message 8 of 16 (4,890 Views)

★★★ Newbie
They're able to take an Android user and copy them to an iOS user, couldn't you mimic the same mechanic but apply the proper timezone to take affect? Had a friend who finally quit because we couldn't find a resolution to this game behavior, except he didn't travel or anything else. Plays in Arizona but his clock was set for Dubai.
Message 9 of 16 (4,843 Views)

★★★ Newbie
greetings; i will be moving from europe to australia in 2.5 months. time difference between these 2 countries is 8 hours so all my payout timers will be around 3am in the night instead of 7pm. i want to ask whether my arena payout time can be adjusted to my new timezone? i am playing this game since softlaunch with love and have a very large roster but i cant stay awake everynight until 3am.

Please give us the option

thanks alot
Message 10 of 16 (4,828 Views)