[INFO REQUEST] Visual Stuttering/Low Frame rate FIFA 15

by EA_Guy

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hi all, 

We're currently investigating an issue with Visual Stuttering and Low Frame rate with FIFA 15 and we'd like to request some information to help us look into this.

The first thing to ensure is that you meet or exceed the Minimum Requirements found here. If you are below the requirements, this will likely be the reason for performance issues.

Otherwise, please provide the information requested below:

• Platform (PC, 360, PS3 etc.)
  • Graphic card, CPU and RAM specs for PC
  • TV screen -  size, model, brand and standard (NTSC or PAL or anything else if it exists)
  • PC monitor – size, model, brand and connection type (VGA or HDMI)

Please keep an eye out for any updates to the requested information.

Thank you

---------------
Please make sure to Accept Solutions and give XP when someone has provided you with assistance.

I don't respond to Help Requests sent via Private Message.
Message 1 of 22 (2,903 Views)

★★ Apprentice

platform : PC

Graphics card : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

CPU : Intel Core (TM) i5-3350p  CPU @ 3,10GHz

Ram :  8 GB

PC -monitor : ACER X243 W

I had never a problem with visual stuttering but since the TOTS tournemants got started it's there.

Message 2 of 22 (2,862 Views)

Re: [INFO REQUEST] Visual Stuttering/Low Frame rate FIFA 15

★★★★ Novice

Platform: PS3

TV: Sony Bravia KDL 40S4100

Connection HDMI

Game Mode: Career Mode

Low Frame Rate:

I have this problem during Career Mode games generally.  The opening sequence (players walk out and line up) has lower framerate than the gameplay.  I don't have a way of counting it, but I'd guess from how uncomfortable it is to watch, it's dipping into the 20-30 fps range. 

But the place where it's really bad is replays, which are even worse.  It's okay if I do manual slow motion, but anything close to game speed is just choppy.  The really noticeable thing is that Career Mode replays have low framerates, but Kick-Off game replays don't.  Kick-Off replays are silky smooth. 

Visual Stuttering:

I'm not sure if these are the issues you where addressing, but they seem related so I thought I should mention them.

- Gameplay freezes for up to 30 seconds when a penalty is awarded.  Players will just stand there waiting, but pause menu is still accessible.

- If a substitution is made at half time, when returning to gameplay, player images will jump around the screen before resuming.

- Players will experience delays up to a full second when trying to execute a shot in the opponents penalty box.  Spamming the command usually forces it through.

Message 3 of 22 (2,753 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Platform: Xbox One

TV: Sony Bravia

Spoiler

I know you only ask for the stuttering experience, but I think all the problems I have with FIFA 15, have the same cause. These are the things I experience:

– Players not responding or responding one second later;

– After the respons, players ALWAYS first move away from the ball, that’s why I’m always too late for every pass;

– passing becomes some kind of ‘manual’ after a few minutes in the game. The second half is completely manual, including goal keeping. That’s why every shot on goal is a goal scored, the keeper just stands or walks towards the ball, without doing anything to catch it;

– Talking about manual: manual I can take. But this kind of manual is unplayable because pressing short or long: it doesn’t affect the speed of the ball. When I just press the Y-button once, balls will end up on the other end of the stadium. Pressing hard can easily lead to a short pass which can be intercepted;

– Throw-ins are always behind the player I’m throwing at. The receiver will just watch the ball fly over or past him, even when I press just shortly;

– Players bumping into each other all the time. Even when I stand still while having the ball, some of my own players come and bump into me, so I lose the ball again;

Players stuttering. When I pass a ball to one of my own players, I see players trembling, so most of the times they can’t receive the pass: they just tremble against it and waste it;

– Passes with Y (X-box One) are always too long and go over the sideline every single time. When the game still worked, I never experienced this problem, so I know it has to be a bug (and not my own stupidity ConfusedmileywinkStandard smile

– When I press right, balls go left and vice versa;

– Can’t press through menu’s ingame. After a goal, I can press A all I want: nothing happens;

– One-two’s are impossible. The running player seems to forget the information and just holds back after a small sprint;

– I can’t head with the A-button anymore. My player just stands and watches how my opponent takes the ball;

– I can’t sprint, players just tremble their way through the game. The only way I can get some sort of sprint is by pressing RT a few times. I got Hazard IF in a free pack, which was great. But he moves like my grandfather. Who is actually dead. So he’s absolutely useless;

– I can’t get a ball of another player. When I try to intercept a pass, the ball will just run past me. When I walk near an opponent who has the ball, I can press B all I want: my player will never move towards the ball, always in a wrong direction;

– Shooting is almost impossible, only when I press (!) my left trigger there’s a chance I will hit the ball correctly from outside the box. The only way I can score now is to get near the keeper and press B once;

– Statistics are totally weird. My passing is always under 60, even when I play a good game in which I have 60 percent possession. Shots usually don’t add up, so while my opponent’s goalkeeper has 19 saves, my shot total can still be 2;

– Players move like they are jockying the whole match;

– When I change a player, I almost evertime change to the wrong one first. Sometimes, the game just switches on it’s own, while my settings say ‘high balls';

– Against CPU: the ref doesn’t give free kicks to me anymore. As weird as it seams, I have recorded over 50 clips where I’m clearly fouled, in a red card kind of way, and the ref just seems to forget to give the free kick;

– May be the weirdest thing: the starting screen of my matches doesn’t fit the match. When it says ‘rain’, it means my PAST game was in the rain. I found this out when I played in the snow. In the next match, my starting screen said I had to play in the snow again. A weird coincedence, I thought. Well, I played that game in the sun, and after that, I found out every single starting screen gives me info about the game I just played, not about the game I will play;

– In the first few months of FIFA ’15, the CPU-level was easy to beat, especially on World Class. Now World Class is almost unbeatable. Of course, most of the * I mentioned is a cause of that, but there’s more: CPU seems to forget on which level it’s competing. So most of the times it feels like I’m playing Ultimate. It’s also the reason why a team like Tottenham can have a passing percentage of 95 percent over a whole game, on World Class-level. It’s terribly frustrating, ’cause when the game worked fine, I beat such teams with at least 4 to zero. And I know every proper player will. You know that part of the game when you can’t touch the ball, no matter how hard you try? Imagine that, but for 90 minutes. That is how my game feels like.

May be I still forgot some stuff, but this has been enough to drive me completely insane over the past six months. I got a new X-box from Microsoft, my game responded well for two days and then again the bug returned and stayed. I’ve tried absolutely every possible thing: opening ports, new controllers (I had to ConfusedmileywinkStandard smile, new disc, new profile, etc. etc. EA says they never heard of the problem and they can’t do anything about it. I now have recorded over 200 clips in which you can obviously see my game is totally broken. Got to find a way to make a nice clip of it though.

I want to make clear that I’m not a bad player. Even with all this *, I still can manage to get in the first division and I played almost 2000 games in FIFA 15, like 3000 in 14 and 4000 in 13. Yeah, this tells you something about my life, I know.

I’ve been frustrated by my favourite game for over half a year now and I still hope there will be some kind of solution.. may be someone here can help me and other players who experience this strange game play.

Thanks, with regards,

Sek

Message 4 of 22 (2,654 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Platform: PS3

TV: 32 inch Blaupunkt. Model number: 32/148I-GB-5B2-HKUP

I have many of the problems glurbuur lists. game isn't right offline but is usually considerably worse online. not sure if that's a latency issue exacerbating the problems I already have with game.

Message 5 of 22 (2,626 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi , i am currently running fifa in my PC, my specs are

AMD x4 phenom 9950 at 2,6ghz

4gb ram

and gtx 970

my monitor is a 17" samsung and i use vga connection.

I talk'd with advisors at ea help and they couldnt fix my problem, i set the fps to 60 with fifa launcher and its like 50% of the match the game is PERFECT and the other 50% of the time it's just visual stuttering, lag and it's unplayeable, the only way that i can play is setting vsync in nvidia and playing with 30 fps, wich is horrible and unplayeable .

Message 6 of 22 (2,489 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Platform: PC
CPU: i5 4430
GPU: R9 280x
RAM: 8gb
Monitor: Iiyama ProLite GB2488HSU-1

Microstuttering and latency kills all the pleasure. I've found that my first core is always 100% loaded but it shows that average is 25%, sure 1/4.
Message 7 of 22 (2,459 Views)

★★★ Novice
  • PC - Nvidia GT 420M, Intel i7  Q 740 q 1.73GHz (8 CPUs), 4 GB RAM 
  • TV - Vestel  26VH3000 26"

Game slows down (visual/audio stuttering) in career mode. It happens only during the games (after playing for a while. Mostly starts in the second match). No problems with menus.

Message 8 of 22 (2,406 Views)

★★ Novice

Platform: Xbox One/PS4/PS3

TV: 24 inch Samsung LCD TV

Getting slow framerates ever since last year December.

Message 9 of 22 (2,382 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

i7 4790k

16 gb ram

gtx 970

lg d2343p

Message 10 of 22 (2,352 Views)