FIFA 15 crashes on messi screen

by Hyozanryu44

Original Post

Accepted Solution

FIFA 15 crashes on messi screen

★★★★ Novice
As said in subject, this is a problem im facing for nearly a month now.. While being in match I pressed Alt+F4 and save file corrupted. It got uploaded on cloud and i cant find a way to repair it. I tried reinstalling everything except for windows, repairing it and nothing helps. Possible solution for this is to disable clous saves and completely formatting windows so I can make a new save file but I dont want to lose 300+ hours on game..
Message 1 of 17 (6,357 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: FIFA 15 crashes on messi screen

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Thanks, as you say this is drawing attention to AVG antivirus. It may be malware masquerading as such, but we'll assume that it's AVG for now.

Can you try disabling your AVG as a test then try to launch again?

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 13 of 17 (7,390 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Hyozanryu44 Hey, the save files are saved locally at My Documents\FIFA 15\0

You can make a backup of this folder to start, then try deleting the most recent file in this folder, then try to launch the game again? I fear that you might need to start fresh, but I hope this won't be necessary. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 17 (6,334 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Nope, not working. I even tried deleting save file from documents, turning off synchronization and going offline on Origin before launching the game and even that didn't work. At this point I just want to play the game even if that means I will lose my progress.
Message 3 of 17 (6,328 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I don't even have 0 in FIFA 15 folder, I forgot to say.
Message 4 of 17 (6,321 Views)

Community Manager

That's odd, checked locally and my Documents > FIFA 15 page looks like this: 

fifa15snip.PNG
How does yours appear?

In any case I fear that the online part of the profile may be damaged, which would necessitate you reaching out to support. This data can't be changed by players, so troubleshooting steps on your end would be ineffective.

Do you have any access to a 2nd system that you could install and test your account on, or a friend with a copy of the game who could try playing on your system. This will help determine whether the problem is with the account save, which I suspect is the case. 

If you do have the account issue please reach out to support: http://help.ea.com/en/article/contact-ea-help/

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 17 (6,312 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Note that i reinstalled the game. I can install NFS Most Wanted and see if it works if that's what you're saying.

Message 6 of 17 (6,306 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yup, NFS works.

Message 7 of 17 (6,295 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the image and for checking the other game. The missing files indicate that the game is crashing before it gets to the point of checking/writing the local game files. Can you try setting Origin to offline mode and launch the game again?  

As for NFS, that's fine. I don't think your entire profile is damaged, just the FIFA 15 component. If you play offline that should hopefully help to narrow down on where the issue lies. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 8 of 17 (6,286 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I did, it didn't work. I contacted support yesterday hoping they could help me, still didn't get an answer.
Message 9 of 17 (6,281 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I guess support can't help either.

Message 10 of 17 (6,274 Views)