EA lack of consideration for African Teams

by ikenna109

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EA lack of consideration for African Teams

★★★★★ Newbie

I am deeply dissappointed in EA Sports continued and in my opinion, deliberate exclusion of several African Teams from the FIFA titles, especially Nigeria. It really pains me to see teams like India who no offense to them, but they have not made any significant appearance in international football not even within their Asian Cup zone. This disturbing trend by EA Sports started as far back as FIFA 2001 where Nigeria was excluded but I was shocked to see Palestine in the line up!! That just makes no sense. Now Nigeria was added in the 2014 World Cup edition but mysteriously excluded yet again from FIFA 15. That was one of the facts that has convinced me EA's lack of consideration for African Nations is deliberate, because it shows Nigeria was only included by default, since they were in the World Cup group stages and it would have made EA look really stupid to not include them. Another issue relating to this that I have is why EA have not had the sense to include an African Cup in the tournaments list? It doesn't have to be called the CAF Nations Cup as I presume EA don't have the license for CAF trademarks, but they could just call it the African Cup or something else, just make a tournament for African Teams please!!!! This is making a lot of fans switch back to PES and Winning Elleven titles. Dear, EA Sports, please explain to me why you have an apparent dislike for Nigeria and a few other African Nations please? Or do you simply consider us to be irrelevant?

Thank You, best regards

Message 1 of 17 (16,413 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: EA lack of consideration for African Teams

★★★★ Guide

I;m not EA

but i understand that the Africa FA's have not given EA the rights to allow there teams to be used in the FIFA game -  for example Ghana have sold their rights to PES so EA cant use there teams

The World Cup game was different as FIFA hold the rights to the world cup and  therefore any teams partaking in the main tournament - as such EA has the FIFA World Cup rights so by default could use them in a world cup game - this does not cover games that are not "World Cup Licenced"

so i understand its is not EA problem

View in thread

Message 2 of 17 (18,950 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

I;m not EA

but i understand that the Africa FA's have not given EA the rights to allow there teams to be used in the FIFA game -  for example Ghana have sold their rights to PES so EA cant use there teams

The World Cup game was different as FIFA hold the rights to the world cup and  therefore any teams partaking in the main tournament - as such EA has the FIFA World Cup rights so by default could use them in a world cup game - this does not cover games that are not "World Cup Licenced"

so i understand its is not EA problem

Message 2 of 17 (18,951 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Really? Wow. That's very surprising. I always that always thought the FifaPro license covered using all the teamsand their player likenesses. I would assume that FIFA regulations would enable member associations to sell exclusive licenses that would render licenses to their intellectual property outside the coverage of the general FIFA licensing. Thanks for the information, it's quite a bewildering revelation.
Message 3 of 17 (16,318 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It is not just the lack of representation from African teams but also not a single African league is featured! Then there is not a single African stadium on FIFA 15. What about including stadiums such as Soccer city and Moses Mabida etc? 

Football is a global sport and it surely cannot be represented by only a handful of so called popular leagues and teams. It needs to be inclusive of everyone who plays the game. Please include more Africa teams and stadiums! 

Message 4 of 17 (16,300 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie
@Kicktherunner. Very good points indeed. There is literally nothing representing Africa in Fifa titles. The are teams from at least one league on every continent except Africa. Quite saddening
Message 5 of 17 (16,299 Views)

★★★ Pro
@j28red has hit the nail on the head here. It's not that EA don't want to include African teams for you guys, of course they do! There is a very loyal African fanbase for the FIFA franchise and I'm sure EA will be hard at work trying to secure some form of African playability features for FIFA 16.

@KickTheRunner I would say that's likely due to licensing regulations again. There's only so much that EA can do in terms of licensing clubs, teams & leagues and if these clubs, teams & leagues would rather sell the rights to another franchise, then this is of course something that is out of EA's control.
Message 6 of 17 (16,295 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I feel EA is a big enough organisation to have this sorted. We have seen women's football get a licence, hopefully we can see African football get one for fifa 16.

Message 7 of 17 (16,212 Views)

Hero (Retired)

As you can see, not all leagues, teams, players, etc are in the game. For EA to putting them in the game, EA needs to negotiate with and pay the individuals who own the licenses for those items. If items have not proven to be desired by a large part of the gaming community, EA may not attempt to acquire the licenses.

In your case it sounds like you are looking for them to add teams, items, countries, and players to the game that will no doubt be popular items. Locations where you can show interest in the items being added to the game are the official Twitter and Facebook accounts, as well as the official forums.

Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/easportsfifa

Twitter:https://mobile.twitter.com/EASPORTSFIFA

FIFA Forums:
http://fifaforums.easports.com/en/

Message 8 of 17 (16,194 Views)

★★★ Newbie

these guys hate us, why is european teams that so call sold their licease to PES also included in FIFA18. THIS IS MODERN DAY RACISM

Message 9 of 17 (13,581 Views)

★ Novice

And Ghana, Senegal , Algeria , and DR Congo

Message 10 of 17 (9,475 Views)