Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lookout
coolconor290
Accepted Solution

Why do EA even take 5% tax from sales?

It doesn't prove to be of any use and you just lose so much coins from it and will never get back the money that you bought a player for. EA don't need it and it just makes selling players **bleep**!

JaysenOracle
Topics: 46
XP: 1,464
Ideas: 3
Solutions: 694

Re: Why do EA even take 5% tax from sales?

In order to control the rapid rate at which some huge Ultimate Team traders/coin sellers seem to accumulate coins, EA has implemented a tax structure in FIFA 13 Ultimate Team.

Some players suspect that it's just another way to stimulate more pack sales. 5% isn't a lot,You probably won't really even notice the taxes, unless you are a coin seller yourself.But it is important to be aware of Ultimate Team taxes for when you are involved in more significant trading numbers.

EA takes 5% for any player-to-player trade. This includes cards of any kind, just anything you're selling or buying on the trade market. The taxes are deducted from the final sale price that is given to the seller. Theoretically, the seller gets taxed.

Hope this helps
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------。 Cheers 。-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
► ✔ Please don't forget to resolve your question if this helps as it could help others &all . Click XP if someone helped! ◄

***Please note...I do not work for EA/Origin. Questions belong in the forums. 

I don't answer questions via PM.  AHQ is "Player-to-Player" technical self-help forum

Sentinel
SuspectedKey586

thats bull**bleep** get rid of the tax

Lookout
catman1066a

Yeah, I understand where EA are coming from but I used to have a million coin team. I don't trade but when I invest in high priced players, and after I've had enough of them, I sell them and I have around 900k instead of the full 1 million. 

Ok I can understand you want to make it harder for traders but normal fifa ultimate team players like myself also pay the price. And I don't believe this is anyway fair!:smileysad::smileymad:

Keeper
xtr3Myy

lol, ea are fcking shot! ine of my friends were going to quit playing fifa and he gave me all his money (992,000) and ea took almost 50k. dear ea you cant say we dont notice that!

Sentinel
Infamous-compan

It so people make a profit from buying and selling players.. For example (this is w/o ea tax), lets say i got van persie in a pack, and wanted to make profit, I would make the buy now price 1000 coins more expensive than the lowest bid, with the money from van persie's sell i buy another van persie for the lowest bid usually lower than my buy now price, and the cycle keeps going