Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sentinel
chalkyjw
Accepted Solution

Player Career Mode fifa 14 multiplayer lock

On xbox 360 and xbox one, when playing career mode as a player with a friend I do not get the option to lock to individual players.  We are left to control the 'Any' which is nowhere near as fun or beneficial for my pro.  This used to be available on Fifa 13 but I cannot seem to work it out for 14.  Has it been removed or am I missing something?

Thanks

Sentinel
chalkyjw

Re: Player Career Mode fifa 14 multiplayer lock

I can literally find  nothing on the net for this and it looks like no one on here knows either...

Keeper
creaner180

I have exactly the same issue! Fifa sort it out!
Keeper
dgnjjn

I too have wondered about this. Its disturbing as I bought this game to play with my 3kids all together in career mode......I dont see why the hell we cant all play the characters we want. I find it stupid that EA choose to change this.....EA, PLEASE FIX THIS IN A PATCH.

Also, I cant get game face to work in career mode. I see the option for it when I create my character, just wont download it. It worked fine in PS3version of FIFA13.......what gives?

I really hope EA rea ds these and has an answer for us.
Sentinel
chalkyjw

Looks like they have taken it out.  I asked in an online chat with their helper who just sent me to the forums to look for it.

I believe that it wasn't a popular enough game mode so they took it out.  If enough people complain about it then they would put it in but unlikely to happen for this.

None of my RL friends are up to my level of Fifa so I liked playing this game mode but now it's gone I can't really enjoy fifa with them.  Sucks

Keeper
dgnjjn

Well, it allowed my kids to play their favorite bayern munchen players like Schweinstagger and Ribbery and Robben, while i controlled my custom made character of my RL self.....Now we end up not doing as well because they struggle with the constant switching from one player to another......I truly wished for my daughters sake that they would implement this feature.
Keeper
tamansi

I'm just replying to your comment if it'd pop up in the forum and they could find this problem easier. The last version I have is Fifa 11, so I bought the newest one if they had fixed the career mode and more, but it seems they have taken the best multiplayer feature away. It's a basic option that should be available in every sport game like NHL and Fifa etc. I really hope they'd fix this with a patch really soon. Otherwise there's no point in playing the career mode at all, because I find it more interesting playing with a friend.

Keeper
tamansi

Everyone who finds this an important feature of the game, please comment so maybe EA would fix this in their next patch. (If they even read these forums...)

Keeper
taur3x

I want this as well! Please include in a patch!

Keeper
specialk4988

Yes! Good to know I am not alone...

This is the only mode I play. My friend and I have been playing this way since 2010 when we had the awesome mode, captain your country in fifa World Cup. So I bought fifa 14 and invited my friend over so we could start our player career mode together and to my utter disbelief, they removed the option for a 2nd or more players to be locked to just one player. I will be honest, I was quite upset. So now we are only playing fifa 13. And I won't be buying another fifa until I know this option is back.

I declined to buy the euro 2012 dlc because it didn't have any be a pro or player lock option. I am really hoping fifa World Cup 2014 brings back multiplayer captain your country. The amount of resources they are using for ultimate team and multiplayer options is disheartening for us offline only gamers...